Dr. Cinik Review

DanielM

Hope this review helps others. I flew all the way to Istanbul only to leave disappointed and without a HT. Dr Cinic spent 5 minutes with me. During that time he freehanded a hairline (no lasers to center my face or anything). When I got back to the hotel I noticed the hairline was uneven as seen in the pic (even though my hair loss is symmetrical). I said ok no problem. I'll have him correct it tomorrow before surgery and have him lower it and straighten it out (lowering was suggested by other doctor performed clinics I consulted with). 

That same night the "lead tech" texts me to eat a good breakfast. The next day the transport driver arrived the moment the breakfast buffet opened and told me "the clinic has food". I arrived at the clinic and they gave me a cold tomato and cheese sandwich. 

After my "breakfast" I asked to speak with the "lead tech". I've been communicating with him on WhatsApp the whole time and he knew perfect English. They told me "oh he's just a sales guy across the street". I'm thinking um ok? I then ask for my translator. Turns out there is no personal translator. Just someone from the front office comes in that knows English. I tell him the issue and ask to speak with Dr. Cinik. "He's not in right now. He won't be in for another hour. Just start the procedure." I said I'm not starting until I'm comfortable with the hairline. They then tried to convince me to start the anestetics. I refused. 

So we're waiting. Meanwhile the techs are running in and out of the room taking cigarettes breaks, kids really, early 20's if that, not exaggerating.

Once he finally showed up he had an attitude "What's the problem?" I said my hairline was off and I wanted the hairline to come down some and straighten out. He said no. I said "you can't lower it at all?" He said no, then he corrected his mistake and left the room. I'm then sitting there thinking, should I go through with it even though I don't like the hairline? Taking into account everything else that just seemed off, I decided not to. I asked for the person from the front desk again, waited another 15 minutes, and finally told them I can't move forward and want a refund. Then more bullshit starts. 

I wouldn't be refunded the deposit, they also said they're gonna subtract another $200 for the techs showing up. They also wouldn't be able to pay for transportation back to the hotel. They couldn't refund my original credit card transaction and they would have to send me a wire transfer (Meaning I'd still have to pay any foreign transaction fees from my credit card). 

Before I left I had them put in writing the refund amount. It wouldn't be until weeks later and pestering them everyday that I finally got the refund.

The hotel room was loud. I had to knock on the wall twice. The hotel informed me the day of arrival that breakfast wasn't included for that day, even though I arrived during their breakfast buffet hours. It also seemed like even on the day of surgery it was perfectly setup so that the transport driver arrived before I could even eat breakfast. 

Moral of the story. You're really just a number to them. What you think is personal in the beginning is just a sales guy being as nice as possible to get a sale.

20220412_230953.jpg

Edited by DanielM
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've heard tons of stories like this about this particular doctor. Is he involved at any point in the procedure? You should also post this on Reddit. Thanks for sharing your story. I suggest you also consult with @DrTBarghouthi. His work is consistently excellent and he has the utmost ethical standards

• Like 2

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

I've heard tons of stories like this about this particular doctor. Is he involved at any point in the procedure? You should also post this on Reddit. Thanks for sharing your story. I suggest you also consult with @DrTBarghouthi. His work is consistently excellent and he has the utmost ethical standards

Thanks for the mention doc and sorry to hear about your experience @DanielM

Please get in touch or share your case here if we can be of any assistance. 

• Like 3

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

• Administrators
1 hour ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Thanks for the mention doc and sorry to hear about your experience @DanielM

Please get in touch or share your case here if we can be of any assistance. 

Definitely reach out to Dr. Barghouthi for help, he’s one of the most ethical doctors. 

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor

@DanielM thank you for sharing your story. Your post should serve as a sticky to warn every young impulsive male what can and does go on in Turkey if you don’t stand your ground. Congratulations on saving your scalp (quite literally)! Lesser people would have just gone along with the whole thing out of trust and intimidation. Even if you had have lost your deposit it would have been the best money spent avoiding a regret for the rest of your life. Kudos to you!👏 

• Like 8

Always trust your gut. There is a doctor that has been active on this forum (haven't seen him post in awhile) that I went to for consultations since I started losing hair in 2010. He was good to me at the beginning (before success) but that changed the last time I checked in with him. The last time I went to see what he thought about my hair (it had been about 8 years since my last visit, since finasteride was working great) and give him my thoughts on a transplant in the next 2-3 years, he was pretty aloof and I got the vibe he was uninterested in me even being there.

You probably saved yourself thousands of dollars and years of despair. Kudos! 

Edited by CaliforniaLiving
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Wow well done big big big kudos for walking out. Forget the money you literally just saved your precious irreplaceable grafts. Even if they said no refund, you were saving more by just walking out. You saved your mental health 

• Like 1

My hair transplant Journey with Dr. Freitas

23 minutes ago, Egy said:

@DanielMYou have been very brave, may I ask you what or who led you to choose Cinik?

An unreliable Facebook group where the group admin or influencer of the group will get a decent job or get lucky with results, but when the followers of that group go to actually get surgery, they don't get the same attention or care because they're not an influencer.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, DanielM said:

An unreliable Facebook group where the group admin or influencer of the group will get a decent job or get lucky with results, but when the followers of that group go to actually get surgery, they don't get the same attention or care because they're not an influencer.

No no, trust me, everyone has the same treatment, 5/10 minutes see Cinik the day before the surgery just to trace the hairline line with a marker and check the donor area for a few seconds by lifting the hair with a ruler and then , the next day, in case you choose to have him perform the incisions (paying a supplement of 500 €), you will review it for a maximum of half an hour, after which the entire procedure left to be performed by the technicians, who if it suits you are those who have worked with him for the longest time, otherwise ... we don't know.  I think you didn't want to play Russian roulette.

• Like 1

The sheer amount of people getting hair transplants mean that the decent results do happen, just not often enough. We have seen a fair few decent results here on the forum. The best chance of a half decent result would be having Cinik do the incisions and his sisters “A” team of techs do the rest. But at worse it can be a totally tech driven procedure (most usual) and wildly inconsistent results. The risk simply isn’t worth taking, not one so many other options exist ! These days it’s mostly Dr Bicer, Dr Turan & Gur we are seeing that are affordable and doing good work, as well being fully involved in the procedure itself. 

• Like 1