Dr. Yavuz (Istabul, Turkey) Post 2+ year results - FUE, 3900 grafts

ant

I had my HT done on January 13, 2020 with my brother in Istanbul, Turkey by Dr. Ziya Yavuz. I was told I got 3900 grafts transplanted. Overall, I don't regret doing the procedure, but I'd be lying if I said I weren't a bit disappointed. I have a lot of double grafts in my hairline and no one seems to notice, but I do. I'm also not a huge fan of the hairline, but it's better than the receded one I had. 

What's most upsetting for me is the lack of thickness on the top and in the back. The top looks as if he didn't even put any grafts there. I take finasteride 1mg 3x a week and have been taking it since not too long after my HT. I'm currently looking into having another HT done, preferably here in the USA.

Mind you, my hair is cut kind of short right now and it looks a little better when I grow it out. 

IMG_0820.PNG

IMG_2524.jpg

IMG_2525.JPG

IMG_2526.JPG

IMG_2521.JPG

• Confused 1

Some really good choices in Europe too, especially Spain/Portugal/Belgium.. Sorry that you’re first procedure wasn’t so great. How was your Brother’s result ? I can see the multis you mentioned, and what seems like poor angles. Next time I think you will be more careful and choose a better Dr/Clinic. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J.A.C said:

Some really good choices in Europe too, especially Spain/Portugal/Belgium.. Sorry that you’re first procedure wasn’t so great. How was your Brother’s result ? I can see the multis you mentioned, and what seems like poor angles. Next time I think you will be more careful and choose a better Dr/Clinic. 

My brother isn't too happy with his either. I honestly don't think he should have been a candidate to begin with, as he had a thin donor area, but they did it anyway. 

And yeah, I'm gonna need someone who is good at doing revisions. Any names I should look into?

• Like 1

Just now, ant said:

My brother isn't too happy with his either. I honestly don't think he should have been a candidate to begin with, as he had a thin donor area, but they did it anyway. 

And yeah, I'm gonna need someone who is good at doing revisions. Any names I should look into?

Dr Bisanga, Dr Mwamba, Eugenix, HDC, Dr Feriduni, Dr Bicer, @DrTBarghouthi, @Dr. Felipe Pittellajust for starters 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A couple of things spring to mind... Was you the previous member @happyandsad? And I’m sure this is where @Egyalso had a procedure with.. 

Ah, yes! I had a feeling I had posted on here previously lol.

3 minutes ago, J.A.C said:

Lol you did indeed, we had concerns then… I never forgot a scalp 🤓

Lol. By the way, do you know of Dr. Wesley in NYC? Any idea how much he charges?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J.A.C said:

I don’t know his current prices, definitely a good choice though if you want to stay in the US. 

Yeah, I'm trying to stay here or maybe Canada. There's another guy too, Dr. Wolfeld in NY. I made an appointment for a consultation with him for next month.

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Removed link

If you’re thinking Canada, then you have to consider Hasson + Wong ! The elite 😉

Thanks! Someone on a Facebook group mentioned them to me as well. Any idea what their rates are about?

• Like 1

I’m going to say a resounding no to Dr Wolfeld, don’t choose someone else that isn’t putting out good results. Stick to the forum’s recommended list or the other Clinics/Drs with a proven track record, this Dr is most certainly not one of them. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ant said:

Thanks! Someone on a Facebook group mentioned them to me as well. Any idea what their rates are about?

Check out the following, but bare in mind some of the prices are now outdated a little, however I don’t know how inaccurate H+W are… 

DBCD7654-31C5-4212-8372-E0FC3FEFB1D9.jpeg

Edited by J.A.C
  • Like 1

I’m going to say a resounding no to Dr Wolfeld, don’t choose someone else that isn’t putting out good results. Stick to the forum’s recommended list or the other Clinics/Drs with a proven track record, this Dr is most certainly not one of them. 

Have there been any complaints about him or something? 

4 minutes ago, ant said:

I think H&W is around $8/graft for the first 2000 grafts for FUE.

https://hassonandwong.com/hair-transplant-surgery/hair-transplant-cost/

Top docs charge top dollar! :)

Edited by MachoVato
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ant said:

Jesus Christ lol. I guess I'm going to be stuck like this for quite some time. :(

Some of those other options I gave should give you plenty of scope for a decent + affordable choice. Although it’s absolutely worth saving to get the right Dr/Clinic..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ant said:

Have there been any complaints about him or something? 

Not exactly the elite, and not exactly that affordable either, unfinished threads here on the forum. Not much positives, apart from being trained under Dr Bernstein.. You have some much better choices in Bloxham, True + Dorin etc

5 minutes ago, ant said:

Jesus Christ lol. I guess I'm going to be stuck like this for quite some time. :(

LOL!

Don't say that. You deserve better hair. But you won't find it in the US/Canada for a bargain.

Go back to Istanbul. Dr. Bicer charges €2/graft. For a little less, go to Dr. Gur, he charges €1.25/graft. Both doctors do both extractions and recipient area incisions. Both have about 20 years experience. Both can easily fix this. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MachoVato said:

LOL!

Don't say that. You deserve better hair. But you won't find it in the US/Canada for a bargain.

Go back to Istanbul. Dr. Bicer charges €2/graft. For a little less, go to Dr. Gur, he charges €1.25/graft. Both doctors do both extractions and recipient area incisions. Both have about 20 years experience. Both can easily fix this. 

Yeah, I think Istabul is gonna be my only option lol. Thanks for those names, I'm gonna start looking into them!

Just now, ant said:

Yeah, I think Istabul is gonna be my only option lol. Thanks for those names, I'm gonna start looking into them!

Bicer has quite a few results on this site. For Dr Gur (or Dr. Turan, both are part of FUECapilar clinic) search the Facebook group, they are very popular there. :)

1 hour ago, ant said:

I had my HT done on January 13, 2020 with my brother in Istanbul, Turkey by Dr. Ziya Yavuz. I was told I got 3900 grafts transplanted. Overall, I don't regret doing the procedure, but I'd be lying if I said I weren't a bit disappointed. I have a lot of double grafts in my hairline and no one seems to notice, but I do. I'm also not a huge fan of the hairline, but it's better than the receded one I had. 

What's most upsetting for me is the lack of thickness on the top and in the back. The top looks as if he didn't even put any grafts there. I take finasteride 1mg 3x a week and have been taking it since not too long after my HT. I'm currently looking into having another HT done, preferably here in the USA.

Mind you, my hair is cut kind of short right now and it looks a little better when I grow it out. 

IMG_0820.PNG

IMG_2524.jpg

IMG_2525.JPG

IMG_2526.JPG

IMG_2521.JPG

Do you have any pre-op pictures ?

I'm sorry that this happened to you, but I had foreseen it, and when I told you, I remember you almost got angry saying that Ziya Yavuz was a great choice for your case, that he had his own clinic (not true) and his team.  We don't even know if he is a real surgeon  and he  keeps ruining guys.  How is your donor area?