ant

1 hour ago, J.A.C said:

Lol you did indeed, we had concerns then… I never forgot a scalp πŸ€“

Impossible to escape the Scherlock Holmes of the Forum (J.A.C. 🧐) πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Β 

21 minutes ago, Egy said:

I'm sorry that this happened to you, but I had foreseen it, and when I told you, I remember you almost got angry saying that Ziya Yavuz was a great choice for your case, that he had his own clinic (not true)Β and his team. Β We don't even know if he is a real surgeon Β and he Β keeps ruining guys. Β How is your donor area?

The clinic I went to was his, it was inside of a hospital. I don’t think it was the same place as where he did yours. I don’t regret having it done, I was just expecting better. Luckily, my donor area appears to be healthy still.Β 

Edited by ant

Just now, ant said:

Β 

The clinic I went to was his, it was inside of a hospital. I don’t think it was the same place as where he did yours. I don’t regret having it done, I was just expecting better. Luckily, my donor area appears to be healthy still.Β 

Be good to see a pic of the donor area, hopefully it has a lot more to give 🀞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MachoVato said:

Bicer has quite a few results on this site. For Dr Gur (or Dr. Turan, both are part of FUECapilar clinic) search the Facebook group, they are very popular there. :)

I wish I had gone with FUECapilar to begin with. I see that Dr. Turan is not approved by the forum, but he seems like he does great work and the DHI method seems less invasive.

I messaged his clinic on WhatsApp a while back and they said they think they could fix me. They would either lower my hairline or remove the doubles and do it over to get rid of that β€œBarbie doll hair” look.

• Like 1

Just now, ant said:

I wish I had gone with FUECapilar to begin with. I see that Dr. Turan is not approved by the forum, but he seems like he does great work and the DHI method seems less invasive.

I messaged his clinic on WhatsApp a while back and they said they think they could fix me. They would either lower my hairline or remove the doubles and do it over to get rid of that β€œBarbie doll hair” look.

Not forum approved yet, but members approved, and even the mod has been saying positive things !Β 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ant said:

it was inside of a hospital.

They hire rooms inside of Hospitals, sometimes often the same one, other times as a one off. Decent Drs/Clinics have their own clinics and have no need to do this.Β 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, J.A.C said:

They hire rooms inside of Hospitals, sometimes often the same one, other times as a one off. Decent Drs/Clinics have their own clinics and have no need to do this.Β 

This^πŸ‘†

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J.A.C said:

Be good to see a pic of the donor area, hopefully it has a lot more to give 🀞

I recently got a skin fade, but it’s growing back so once it thickens up a bit more I’ll upload some pics.

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

Let this be a lesson to the community, if you come here for help and ignore the advice, there will be consequences unfortunately. Again NEVER make your choice on money, it will be much more expensive to fix. Going cheap again will only be a further disaster. I hate to say this but if you can’t afford a top doc, best to leave it as is. The donor area is probably severely compromised. It’s not gonna be an easy fix.Β 
Β 

F330F440-4F94-41BB-8127-5E5C6F479DA2.png
Β 

Β 

5D5C3945-44AD-4290-AB49-EC205FCEA140.png
Β 

This is a time I hate to say I was right.Β 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey:Β 

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journeyΒ 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for theΒ Hair Transplant Network, theΒ Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and theΒ Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media:Β Facebook,Β Instagram,Β Linkedin,Β and YouTube.

Β 

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Let this be a lesson to the community, if you come here for help and ignore the advice, there will be consequences unfortunately. Again NEVER make your choice on money, it will be much more expensive to fix. Going cheap again will only be a further disaster. I hate to say this but if you can’t afford a top doc, best to leave it as is. The donor area is probably severely compromised. It’s not gonna be an easy fix.Β 
Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

One wouldn't think this is that tough of a concept to grasp. Β If you live in the US, why on Earth you'd think it was wise to skimp on a procedure that will literally affect the way you look at all times foreverΒ by getting a second rate nobody from a second world country to perform it is beyond me. Β The recovery time (both from a physical discomfort perspective and aesthetically) even if you don't need a repair procedure is very annoying. Β If things don't go well, then you have to wait an entire extra year just to then get another procedure to then wait another half a year to see the results. Β All you can do is put yourself in the best position to have a good (or at least not bad) situation the first time around. Β It seems many don't do that, which is unfortunate.

Edited by John1991

On 4/12/2022 at 10:12 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

I still don't regret going. You make it seem like he butchered me. The hairline has some doubles in it that I'd like to have corrected and I want some added density. But for $2400 ($3400 if you include my flight), I still have a better hairline than I did before and little more density too. I just wish it turned out better, but yes, you are correct in that you get what you pay for. There are still many (I'd argue most, actually) people who went to Turkey and other countries and had amazing results. I'm sure you can find people who spent more money than me here in the US and haven't had excellent results either. My only regret is not choosing a better clinic, wish I would have went to FUECapilar instead.

Edited by ant

On 4/12/2022 at 6:34 AM, J.A.C said:

No worries πŸ˜‰Β 

Here's my donor area today. Still not fully grown in, but getting there, so at least you have an idea of what it looks like.

Β 

IMG_2585.jpeg

Edited by ant

I think there is much debate about DHI being less invasive--or , for that matter, any better than any other technique. In my opinion, it comes down to the skill and artistry of the surgeon and the expertise of the techs. DHI can result in less graft handling--which is a plus--but hard to angle, etc. You can travel to Turkey and get a lower price, but be very careful you don't get a lower grade result. If price is the main determinant, make sure you choose wisely because your donor is limited and once exhausted, there presently is no more in reserve. Don't get fooled by marketing hype like DHI, blue diamond, sapphire tip, etc. Look at results, take the Forum's advise, and do your research. Once the surgery is done, the cake is baked.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mountinvan said:

I think there is much debate about DHI being less invasive--or , for that matter, any better than any other technique. In my opinion, it comes down to the skill and artistry of the surgeon and the expertise of the techs. DHI can result in less graft handling--which is a plus--but hard to angle, etc. You can travel to Turkey and get a lower price, but be very careful you don't get a lower grade result. If price is the main determinant, make sure you choose wisely because your donor is limited and once exhausted, there presently is no more in reserve. Don't get fooled by marketing hype like DHI, blue diamond, sapphire tip, etc. Look at results, take the Forum's advise, and do your research. Once the surgery is done, the cake is baked.

I had a brief virtual consultation today with Dr. Bicer. She said my donor area β€œdoesn’t look bad” and that she would fix the double grafts in the hairline by bringing the hairline about 3mm lower with single grafts. She was honest and said that she wouldn’t really know how much density she would be able to add to the top and crown until she is able to evaluate my donor area in person. She is booked out 1 year but seems to be worth the wait.

I’m also waiting to hear back from Dr. Gur.

• 2 months later...
On 4/11/2022 at 5:08 PM, J-C said:

I’m going to say a resounding no to Dr Wolfeld, don’t choose someone else that isn’t putting out good results. Stick to the forum’s recommended list or the other Clinics/Drs with a proven track record, this Dr is most certainly not one of them.Β 

fwiw, Dr Wolfeld is great! He was Bernstein's right hand and has a great practice of his own. I am very happy with my result (see my review with the pics and progression)

• 1 year later...
On 4/11/2022 at 5:02 PM, ant said:

Yeah, I'm trying to stay here or maybe Canada. There's another guy too, Dr. Wolfeld in NY. I made an appointment for a consultation with him for next month.

Β 

How was your experience with wolfeld? I have an appointment with him next week.Β