To all travelling abroad for HT- PLEASE do a local consultation first to avoid wasting $

doogg

Let me get this straight- You did an online consultation sent all sorts of photos, they told you you're good to go, you booked the surgery, paid in full, flew to the clinic, showed up for surgery, they then said no dice and didn't give you every cent of your money back and you allowed that??

21 minutes ago, BaldingtimetoLdar said:

Pekiner has done this before hasn't he? Not saying it was him though. 

Yes, but from memory he didn’t take the cost of the procedure either. I don’t think it was him this time. 

Just now, BaldingtimetoLdar said:

Oh okay thanks, I wasn't quite sure if he refunded it. My bad, I probably shouldn't have named a doctor either to be honest.

He has been known to refuse cases, not that often thankfully. 🙏

• Like 1

How much were you warned before you paid in full that this was a possibility. I mean if they made you feel like all is ok just fly in, and were blind sided by this, I do feel like clinic is to blame for this. 

If it was more like, hey ur donor area seems questionable, you are welcome to book and come in, but if u are not a candidate you will lose your money, then thats fair game. 

I mean a lot of contracts have concerning language. if you sit and analyze everything you will never move forward with surgery. 

20 hours ago, J.A.C said:

He has been known to refuse cases, not that often thankfully. 🙏

i agree with refusing cases on travel patients, but if that is something that you are going to do, you should make it clear to your patients, that if that happens money will not be refunded. thats bogus to keep the money without providing services, andnot forewarning. i guess it all depends on how clear it was in the contract. I think the clinic should be named so future travel patients to that clinic are not blind sided like this. 

If a reputable clinic has pictures of the donor area and hair from multiple angles and then also potentially a video, there's no way in hell a Norwood 3 suddenly turns into a bad candidate and they are a complete non-starter for surgery. 

We are probably a little cut above the average laymen and even on a regular basis we can ballpark other users and how their density etc. generally looks. 

There's no way a clinic worth their salt cannot tell from pictures alone that there's a serious lacking in density or that they probably should get the person in for an in person consultation or require a full Tricoshopic evaluation. 

I understand wanting to cover surgery costs if somebody cancelled last minute on the day, but the whole scenario sounds dubious and shady as hell. 

• Administrators

So you signed and NDA but still lost 10k something doesn’t make sense. Why would you sign and NDA if you weren’t refunded? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

A few people have asked for a donor area photo. Can you post a photo so the forum can see it please?  There are two sides to this story. Firstly, is the clinic unethical for keeping the majority of the money paid, without actual doing the surgery. Secondly, is the clinic actually very ethical for not going through with a procedure which they could tell wouldn’t work, just to make money from the OP?  

@ahglet even with an NDA, I truly think you have nothing to worry about by naming the clinic. You said you live in Asia and this is a European clinic.  

What is this clinic going to do? Start an international civil suit against you? In which court? How much would they sue you for for breach of NDA? I guarantee this is a meaningless and likely unenforceable NDA, especially given the international jurisdictions. 

They really don't have anything tangibly to gain by suing you. 

You owe nothing to this clinic. It was on them to properly screen you during the consultation. They massively wasted your $ and time and opportunity costs you could have spent researching other clinics. You don't owe them anything. 

Even if you do make this clinic angry by going public, they will not be gossiping or blacklisting you against other clinics. 

Reason? This whole story makes the clinic out to be the villain, not you. 

Just as its near impossible for a patient to sue a clinic, even in total sh*tshow botched cases, there are both overt and subtle barriers which prevent clinics from suing patients. 

Edited by HappyMan2021
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

So you signed and NDA but still lost 10k something doesn’t make sense. Why would you sign and NDA if you weren’t refunded? 

Hi Melvin, as stated in my post, I have received a much bigger partial refund after negotiation. I did not say I lost 10K. This is a warning to travelling patients that they can lose the whole surgery fee (10k++) if the clinic decides not to do the surgery, provided there is a clause in the contract that states the clinic can keep the invoiced full fee (mine has). My clinic could have easily decided to keep the money, point to the contract I signed and I would not be able to get a refund.

Even if you receive a full refund, there is still hotel booking, air ticket, and time gone to waste, which a local consultation can help to mitigate (if a report of the donor density analysis from the local clinic is sent to the overseas clinic). 

7 minutes ago, ahglet said:

Hi Melvin, as stated in my post, I have received a much bigger partial refund after negotiation. I did not say I lost 10K. This is a warning to travelling patients that they can lose the whole surgery fee (10k++) if the clinic decides not to do the surgery, provided there is a clause in the contract that states the clinic can keep the invoiced full fee (mine has). My clinic could have easily decided to keep the money, point to the contract I signed and I would not be able to get a refund.

Even if you receive a full refund, there is still hotel booking, air ticket, and time gone to waste, which a local consultation can help to mitigate (if a report of the donor density analysis from the local clinic is sent to the overseas clinic). 

This isn't so much a broad warning but a single anecdote involving one clinic. 

It still boggles the mind why a clinic would ask you to sign an NDA when there was no surgery involved.

Understandably, they're worried about their reputation with regards to pocketing the $$ of the surgery while sending you home without surgery.

Maybe rectify this policy? 

• Like 1

Maybe 🤔 just maybe it’s someone in Belgium? Perhaps either way your in another country why would an NDA affect you in any way can you show us your donor I wouldn’t let them just keep my money like that tbh you work hard for it all for nothing 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, ahglet said:

I don’t think the title should be “waste 10k” if you didn’t actually lose 10k. How much did you lose? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

In the meantime, stil @ahgletdid not share pics of his donor area as someone asked to do, so we are talking about "fried air", the clinic asked you not to reveal his name not the pics  of your head, it will be true all of this? 🤔

5 hours ago, ahglet said:

I just hope travelling patients can avoid going through the stressful and bad experience that i went through. 

I’ve had an email notification that you’ve responded to my post about photos, but it seems that the response is no longer on this thread. Can you repost the photos please?  

D4D4E53F-BC13-4528-9DC9-41F6AD777252.png

12 minutes ago, Marko7t4 said:

I’ve had an email notification that you’ve responded to my post about photos, but it seems that the response is no longer on this thread. Can you repost the photos please?  

D4D4E53F-BC13-4528-9DC9-41F6AD777252.png

Did I get it right?  @ahglethad posted the photos and they were removed not by him? 😳

7 minutes ago, Egy said:

Did I get it right?  @ahglethad posted the photos and they were removed not by him? 😳

No idea who removed them mate, but it definitely looks like they were posted and that post is no longer showing. Perhaps the NDA goes further than any of us could’ve imagined, and any photo posts automatically self destruct after 5 seconds 🤷‍♂️  

• Confused 1

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Egy said:

I didn’t remove ANY photos. It seems to me @ahgletis not divulging a lot information. He hasn’t said how much he was refunded. He hasn’t shared photos. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Marko7t4 said:

No idea who removed them mate, but it definitely looks like they were posted and that post is no longer showing. Perhaps the NDA goes further than any of us could’ve imagined, and any photo posts automatically self destruct after 5 seconds 🤷‍♂️  

image.gif

• Haha 1

View my thread