LLLT at clinic or buy home helmet?

johnp_81

Hi,

I've been offered LLLT at a local hair restoration centre (advanced hair studio) for £1000 for six months and additional £500 for a further 6 months. Are the clinics systems much better than the home helmets?

I can't take Finasteride or Minoxidl due to the sides so not sure what else I can try.

Cheers

15 minutes ago, johnp_81 said:

Thank you.

They did try and charge me a lot more originally. They seem to think their system is a lot more powerful than the helmets and they are just for maintenance..

Typical sales nonsense form them, offering a cheaper price and then saying theirs is better? Nooo save your £££s

• Administrators
1 hour ago, johnp_81 said:

I agree, definitely sales tactics.

Is LLLT a complete waste if time from anyone? 

I’ve been using it for about a month, the growth seems to be quicker. But it’s not a replacement for medication like finasteride and minoxidil, but could be a good adjunct. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
On 4/10/2022 at 2:01 AM, johnp_81 said:

Thanks Melvin, which one are you using?

I understand it's not a replacement but as I can't take minoxidl or finasteride is it the next best thing?

I'm using LaserCap they gave me a discount code if you're interested. I haven't really announced it yet. I want to give it more time to see if it's making a difference. I did notice some increased growth, but then I got lazy with using it daily. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators

For those interested to discount code is “HTN10” its 10% off, you can also buy it directly from these doctors for cheaper 

Dr. Arocha

Dr. Gabel

Dr. Haber

Dr. Mwamba

Dr. Shapiro

View my thread

• 2 weeks later...

As someone who has used it for more than 6 months consistently, happy I found a nice easy way to save my hair, I have this to say

Youre better off putting a baseball cap on your head and believing you will grow hair or stop hairloss, with the power of placebo you might actually do that.

Seriously. Total waste of money and time. I still have a brand new lasercomb if someone wants to buy it from me cheaper. I bought two, had issues with one being delivered and in the end both got delivered from different sellers online. 

20 minutes ago, Euphoria said:

As someone who has used it for more than 6 months consistently, happy I found a nice easy way to save my hair, I have this to say

Youre better off putting a baseball cap on your head and believing you will grow hair or stop hairloss, with the power of placebo you might actually do that.

Seriously. Total waste of money and time. I still have a brand new lasercomb if someone wants to buy it from me cheaper. I bought two, had issues with one being delivered and in the end both got delivered from different sellers online. 

This is sad to hear.  But it's just like anything else.  When something negative happens in the industry, everyone suffers.  A newbie reading this would likely not purchase anything after reading this.  

The laser comb was the first to get the approval.  Everything else falls under the same umbrella so now all laser devices are "released," regardless of their efficacy.  Farther, the comb to be effective, needs to be done properly.  Obviously, it is easier to use a cap - which covers the entire area when put in place.  Now, there are VW's and there are Cadillacs.  There are knock-offs of Knock-offs.  The original LaserCap is by prescription only and does carry a Lifetime warranty.  I don't think there is anything like it out there.  

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.