EUGENIX JULY

20 minutes ago, ahmed9500 said:

Hold fire, I shall be posting an update very soon… not too happy but will update in 2/3 weeks

You’re around month 6, right? Think the front should be around 50-60% done. Crown takes longer as I understand it.

Like others, look forward to the next update. 

• Like 1

The next 2 months are gna be great bro. Hold tight

P.S sorry I saw your last update and thought it was your latest 4 month update. But I realised this was 2 months ago… look forward to your update 

Edited by drawdownfx

My hair transplant Journey with Dr. Freitas

Good news is that there’s many months of growing, all we can do is wait and see your results. Hope they turn out amazing in the coming months if you don’t like where you’re at now. :)

• Like 1

Follow my Hair Transplant experience with Eugenix!

Nov 16, 2022

• 3 weeks later...

6 month update 

Mixed feelings! The gratfs that were implanted have grown out okayish. Overall, there has been some improvement to my hair in terms of thickness and density.

Happy how beard and donor recovered it looks completely untouched! The way the surgeons and technicians extract is second to none! 

Unhappy with planning stage, i was told the area behind hairline would be filled. This was over the phone/video and also in person on day of surgery. Lines were drawn and at no point was i told no hairs would be put there. See earlier pics for reference. You can clearly see now that area is sparse, with better planning and consultation i wouldve had a full head of hair now! At no stage was i told no hairs would be put in the area: if this was the case i wouldnt have had the transplant! Now i need to get that fixed, @Eugenix Hair Scienceshave told me to wait a couple of months but my question is, how will it get better when no grafts were put there? 

It was after day 2 of surgery i realised they werent going to put any grafts, by then i was shattered and we were leaving for home the next day. They told me finnestaride will do the job - but i was quite bald there before so realistically better planning and consulatation would better my result. 

Overall : unhappy

please share your view and opinions, thanks for reading.

1C7D7306-6FFC-4D50-B774-7A0861EFCD64.jpeg

E5229A51-261A-4C61-9FE1-78AFD2965E22.jpeg

97D6DACA-F4E9-4525-898E-96A43308DC49.jpeg

7653A9AD-B96F-4493-A680-A4DC9B3917D1.jpeg

1F228F5F-8CF9-429E-A8AD-123A279C3707.jpeg

7E23E8B1-643A-4451-8C7C-6E1A709E000F.jpeg

5854EC9C-455D-4CAE-BE49-ABFEF23B9A98.jpeg

FC6ABEBA-1421-4633-A13D-24694CB021A1.jpeg

C3195F31-54A8-470D-A637-6268AE492026.jpeg

On 8/4/2022 at 8:53 PM, ahmed9500 said:

Thank you, I am following your journey closely too. 
I am happy with how theyve added hairs tonthe hairline and carefully placed grafts in mid scalp and crown but frustrated we couldnt get enough grafts for the area just behind hairline. Hopefully it all grows well and i can cover the area. 

Here it seems you say that you know the lack of hairs behind the hairline was not a mistake. Rather, it was a deliberate decision because there were not enough available grafts. 

But maybe that is not what you meant?

Edited by Xanadu
added a couple of words

Not meant like that, it was more frustrated that the doctor didnt decide toprioritise the area/ go into day 3 and get another 1000 grafts to cover that area. I was told we would implant there and not until end of surgerybinwas made aware its not happening

Edited by ahmed9500

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Sorry to hear you’re unhappy. Looks like that area wasn’t transplanted. It’s not always possible to transplant the entire head in one session. 

I actually prefer focusing on one section at a time. For me, if I could’ve done it over again, I would have focused 100% on the crown, rather than the whole scalp. 

Bottom line, hair transplants aren’t perfect, you usually require multiple surgeries to get the desired look. All three of us had multiple surgeries. Armen had two surgeries in the same spot. Not saying you shouldn’t be unhappy, but definitely something to consider.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks guys for your comments. I know 7 months is early and multiple surgeries may be needed.  I am glad eugenix are following up with great customer care and willing to sort out a touch up surgery.

Edited by ahmed9500

On 4/8/2022 at 11:48 PM, ahmed9500 said:

Yes thats right, think the damage was done in that short space of time!

Dude i stopped fin for 6 months as well and that did a number on the thickness of my hair too.. Don't stop taking Finasteride people.

On 1/22/2023 at 1:20 AM, ahmed9500 said:

6 month update 

Mixed feelings! The gratfs that were implanted have grown out okayish. Overall, there has been some improvement to my hair in terms of thickness and density.

Happy how beard and donor recovered it looks completely untouched! The way the surgeons and technicians extract is second to none! 

Unhappy with planning stage, i was told the area behind hairline would be filled. This was over the phone/video and also in person on day of surgery. Lines were drawn and at no point was i told no hairs would be put there. See earlier pics for reference. You can clearly see now that area is sparse, with better planning and consultation i wouldve had a full head of hair now! At no stage was i told no hairs would be put in the area: if this was the case i wouldnt have had the transplant! Now i need to get that fixed, @Eugenix Hair Scienceshave told me to wait a couple of months but my question is, how will it get better when no grafts were put there? 

It was after day 2 of surgery i realised they werent going to put any grafts, by then i was shattered and we were leaving for home the next day. They told me finnestaride will do the job - but i was quite bald there before so realistically better planning and consulatation would better my result. 

Overall : unhappy

please share your view and opinions, thanks for reading.

1C7D7306-6FFC-4D50-B774-7A0861EFCD64.jpeg

E5229A51-261A-4C61-9FE1-78AFD2965E22.jpeg

97D6DACA-F4E9-4525-898E-96A43308DC49.jpeg

7653A9AD-B96F-4493-A680-A4DC9B3917D1.jpeg

1F228F5F-8CF9-429E-A8AD-123A279C3707.jpeg

7E23E8B1-643A-4451-8C7C-6E1A709E000F.jpeg

5854EC9C-455D-4CAE-BE49-ABFEF23B9A98.jpeg

FC6ABEBA-1421-4633-A13D-24694CB021A1.jpeg

C3195F31-54A8-470D-A637-6268AE492026.jpeg

So if what you're saying is true then Eugenix basically just lied to you huh? And some people here are just ignoring that fact and just saying "it's too early, wait for 12 months" like bro, they said they were going to put grafts in that area up until surgery day and they didn't, there weren't any grafts planted in his area of concern, what's he going to wait for?

They did a good job at the area where there were grafts transplanted but made a major error in forecasting results from your medications and a poor job at planning your HT altogether.

I really don’t like the wait 12 months and assess narrative. It’s silly.

Good news is where they implemented grew well. Bad news is the empty space is very unlikely to grow more. 

Shame that what otherwise would have been a good result is marred with poor planning. This is now the 5th+ case on the forum alone indicating a rushed consult. Really hope in the future Eugenix contemplates giving patients more time to plan before rushing them into surgery. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ahmed9500 said:

Thanks guys for your comments. I know 7 months is early and multiple surgeries may be needed. However, ambi right to regret i didnt go for the top tier package? because my planning stage was rushed and i was told that area would be transplanted. I am giving it the full 12 months and hoping for the best because the care and effort eugenix put in is amazing. Looking back now, if i was consulted properly i wouldve said main area needing grafts was crown and midscalp just make sure that is done and for the sake of an extra 1000 grafts i feel inwould have had a full head of hair! 

7 months is not early, the issue here is the planning and miscommunication. Hair is not going to grow where it was not implanted. I am not sure if buying a higher package would have yielded a better result if I am honest. Id expect some variation in skill between different packages but the planning process should be the same across all packages?

Dw OP this isn't too much of a disaster, you have already responded well to a hair transplant the only downside is that you will have to go through this process again

Edited by drawdownfx
  • Like 1

My hair transplant Journey with Dr. Freitas

Thank you all. Once again, my hair has improved but i strongly believe with clearer planning i would have had a full head of hair today… however i know Eugenix will stand up for their work and fix the issue

Edited by ahmed9500

The good news here is that I don't believe you will have a low survival rate or anything else that would put at jeopardy your precious donor. Let's see how things grow until month 10 / 11 before making a final assessment, but worst case, you go back to Eugenix and they do a follow-up procedure to add density in the sparse areas and even more density in highly visible areas, like hairline, partline, and crown. Wishing you nothing but the best in the coming months brother.

Follow my Journey with Eugenix and Dr Arika Bansal!

Edited by MazAB
  • Like 1

• Valued Contributor

After seeing so many comments on this case and even few other cases whr eugnix went wrong bt i somehw feel tht many people are not commenting the same way like they do it whn thr is a bad case by some other surgeon...seeing very much hold back approach whn it come to eugnix ..i dnt mind a hold back approach at all bt thn it shud be the same for other clinics/surgeons as well...i find some people to be defending the clinic alot..i may be wrong bt i feel thr shud b the same yardstick for evryone....and i am saying ths aftr seeing ths thngs often ...even whn some people ask for which surgeon to choose from ..i see comments for the recommendation of particular clinic more thn often...so i can be wrong in judging thm bt i see many other people like me who r saying the same thng and i felt the same to i thought of mentioning this here...sorry if i offended some people by sayin ths...

• Like 3

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

On 2/6/2023 at 8:03 PM, Archan said:

After seeing so many comments on this case and even few other cases whr eugnix went wrong bt i somehw feel tht many people are not commenting the same way like they do it whn thr is a bad case by some other surgeon...seeing very much hold back approach whn it come to eugnix ..i dnt mind a hold back approach at all bt thn it shud be the same for other clinics/surgeons as well...i find some people to be defending the clinic alot..i may be wrong bt i feel thr shud b the same yardstick for evryone....and i am saying ths aftr seeing ths thngs often ...even whn some people ask for which surgeon to choose from ..i see comments for the recommendation of particular clinic more thn often...so i can be wrong in judging thm bt i see many other people like me who r saying the same thng and i felt the same to i thought of mentioning this here...sorry if i offended some people by sayin ths...

Sorry but eugenix are standing up for their work and willing to put it all right! Thank you

Edited by ahmed9500

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Archan said:

I don’t think anyone is offended. I don’t believe there’s any failure here, but perhaps there’s been a miscommunication. The HT itself grew well and looks good. There’s an area that wasn’t transplanted. This comes down to planning. 

Now, there’s a reason why grafts are placed in specific locations depending on the patients goals. Unfortunately, this isn’t something the forum is privy too because we weren’t there in the planning stage. Ultimately, only the patient and the clinic know what was discussed and what was planned prior to surgery. What we do know is that it’s impossible to cover the entire scalp with equal density.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 minute ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I don’t think anyone is offended. I don’t believe there’s any failure here, but perhaps there’s been a miscommunication. The HT itself grew well and looks good. There’s an area that wasn’t transplanted. This comes down to planning. 

Now, there’s a reason why grafts are placed in specific locations depending on the patients goals. Unfortunately, this isn’t something the forum is privy too because we weren’t there in the planning stage. I wouldn’t call this a failure in itself.

Completely agree, and the care during procedure was WOW! The surgeons and technicians WOW all 10/10. For me just the planning, and I am confident Eugenix will stick by me if needed.