Eugenix Mumbai FUE 3550 Grafts - Dr Priyadarshini Das: March 10/11 2022

AJGG13

Here are my 4 months results pre and post hair cut. Hairline is coming along great and I feel a lot more coming out. No complains about the temples either. Crown is slower but also coming through.However I got a haircut and got a number 2 and 3 for donor and it is definitely clear that it is lacking density. Hopefully it will get better with time and you dont see it with longer hair but with shorter hair you see it in sunlight. I have started applying minoxidil to the donor to hopefully improve the situation.

All photos are with no products and I try my best to show different angles and lighting.

20220713_183025.jpg

20220712_183911.jpg

20220712_183839.jpg

20220712_163932.jpg

20220712_163858.jpg

• Like 3

• Valued Contributor

Oh wow 🤩 Alex at only four months you are rocking an incredible result already. I agree with using minoxidil for the shock loss area. I would be diligent in sticking with minoxidil also. I almost can’t recognise you now with all that hair as you are a fast grower. Looking forward to following your future updates and thanks for sharing! 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, sukh123 said:

The donor looks like it’s over harvested on one side in my opinion 

I would agree, one side is worst than the other. However I am waiting before passing any final judgment.

56 minutes ago, bbq111 said:

I wouldn't call it overharvested at this point. It could also be shock loss. Let's see what happens in the coming months. Wishing you the best and a fantastic result. 

If it was shock loss you would see some recovery at the four-month point, in fact you should see it come back to full within three usually, it's something that ive seen now on quite a few cases from eugenix on this forum. 

9 minutes ago, sukh123 said:

If it was shock loss you would see some recovery at the four-month point, in fact you should see it come back to full within three usually, it's something that ive seen now on quite a few cases from eugenix on this forum. 

I rather be positive for ajgg13. I'm not saying it can't be overharvesting.  People's donors recover at different rates and no 2 cases are the same. Let's see how things go and be encouraging. If things don't turn out well then hopefully the clinic can help rectify it down the road. 

Melvin's shock loss thread for reference: https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/56394-my-donor-shock-loss-journey/

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor

Looking at the immediate post op pics I can't see the donor being over harvested. Shock loss can take longer than four months to resolve and I think by sticking with minoxidil this will help things bounce back even more so. Wait until all the eggs are in the pudding until making any call. All the best!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, bbq111 said:

I rather be positive for ajgg13. I'm not saying it can't be overharvesting.  People's donors recover at different rates and no 2 cases are the same. Let's see how things go and be encouraging. If things don't turn out well then hopefully the clinic can help rectify it down the road. 

Melvin's shock loss thread for reference: https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/56394-my-donor-shock-loss-journey/

I'm just being honest and op shares my sentiment, but yes you have to wait and see. But I'm just going by his post-op pics where the extractions were not spread out across the whole donor in particular the back.  And it's now like the fifth case on this forum I've seen issues with the donor post-op. Im not hating on eugenix, op looks like he going to get a good result on top, but donor management is something that seems to lack consistency there, which is most likely due to different techs being used. If this was a hair mill in turkey we would rightfully start to question so eugenix should be no different.

Edited by sukh123
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, sukh123 said:

I'm just being honest and op shares my sentiment, but yes have to wait and see. But I'm just going by his post-op pics where the extractions were not spread out across the whole donor in particular the back.  And it's now like the fifth case on this forum I've seen issues with the donor post-op. Im not hating on eugenix, op looks like he going to get a good result on top, but donor management is something that seems to lack consistency there, which is most likely due to different techs being used. If this was a hair mill in turkey we would rightfully start to question so eugenix should be no different.

+1 

I really hope that is only shock loss and you recover your donor area. 

But I couldn’t be more agree with @sukh123it this case was performed in a different clinic I guess that they comments would have being much different.

I will follow this case until the end because If I say what I think right now  all the fandom of Eugenix will criticize me.

30 minutes ago, bbq111 said:

Interesting thread by Melvin which he has similar results as me which seems to completely recover at a later date. Will stay positive for now. Thanks for the link.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sukh123 said:

I'm just being honest and op shares my sentiment, but yes you have to wait and see. But I'm just going by his post-op pics where the extractions were not spread out across the whole donor in particular the back.  And it's now like the fifth case on this forum I've seen issues with the donor post-op. Im not hating on eugenix, op looks like he going to get a good result on top, but donor management is something that seems to lack consistency there, which is most likely due to different techs being used. If this was a hair mill in turkey we would rightfully start to question so eugenix should be no different.

No worries and no hard feelings. I'm not here to defend any clinic either (full disclosure going to Eugenix next week). I'm just saying this thread is about the OP. All he can do at this point is wait and see (and put some minoxidil over the site). If in a few months he hasn't improved and/or he wants to open the discussion about what went well at the clinic and what didn't that's up to him. Let's just be supportive and helpful in the mean time. I know we are all here to help each other. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AJGG13 said:

20220712_163932.jpg

Hi AJGG13,

did you have a previous procedure before? I can see your donor area extractions on the side.  I have a similar problem 

835A3E10-93C8-4E8F-862F-9ABD2D1FBF69.thumb.jpeg.1d30f5190e9f2a8670be6c8031440657.jpeg

Im just over 2 months now. The situation can either improve or stay the same.  We will see after a proper haircut… if not… smp might end up being the answer for me

2 hours ago, Ryan Daniel said:

Hi AJGG13,

did you have a previous procedure before? I can see your donor area extractions on the side.  I have a similar problem 

835A3E10-93C8-4E8F-862F-9ABD2D1FBF69.thumb.jpeg.1d30f5190e9f2a8670be6c8031440657.jpeg

Im just over 2 months now. The situation can either improve or stay the same.  We will see after a proper haircut… if not… smp might end up being the answer for me

sorry to see this man, I don't want to derail ops thread but I saw your donor pre surgery and it looked solid tbh, so to see this must be quite worrying. Whether its shock loss or overharvesting, it is obvious the way the extractions are being done is causing this for a lot of eugenix patients. Do they have manual or motorized extraction ?

Edited by sukh123

6 minutes ago, sukh123 said:

sorry to see this man, I don't want to derail ops thread but I saw your donor pre surgery and it looked solid tbh, so to see this must be quite worrying. Whether its shock loss or overharvesting, it is obvious the way the extractions are being done is causing this for a lot of eugenix patients. Do they have manual or motorized extraction ?

Dont worry. Im not trying to create a thread within a thread. 
if you were curious, my donor area has been through  alot. 
1 bad FUT scar in 2015,

1 small fue scar revision 2016

1 terrible 3000 grafts from turkey in 2017

1 2500 graft from eugenix in 2022

i only posted because i was surprised his donor looked like that after just 1 procedure

Let's wait until at least the 6 month mark before judging whether the donor has been over-harvested or whether this is shock loss.

I'm definitely leaning towards shock loss and if so, it should hopefully recover well in the next few months. 

3 hours ago, Ryan Daniel said:

Hi AJGG13,

No,this was my first procedure. Our pictures are similar for a second I thought it was my donor you posted at 2 months😅 

My donor did improve from when I took pictures at 2 months (improvement is more visible in person) but I hope it improves a lot more. Obviously when it was longer you could not really tell, will try to find a picture pre hair cut.

1 minute ago, AJGG13 said:

No,this was my first procedure. Our pictures are similar for a second I thought it was my donor you posted at 2 months😅 

My donor did improve from when I took pictures at 2 months (improvement is more visible in person) but I hope it improves a lot more. Obviously when it was longer you could not really tell, will try to find a picture pre hair cut.

Having medium length hair is something that everyone must accept after undergoing so many grafts.  Anyone above 4k - 6k extractions has very small chance to have short haircut, unless they has a very wide and symmetrical extraction at the back

45 minutes ago, Ryan Daniel said:

Having medium length hair is something that everyone must accept after undergoing so many grafts.  Anyone above 4k - 6k extractions has very small chance to have short haircut, unless they has a very wide and symmetrical extraction at the back

Don’t say that, because If the doctor knows  how to manage the donor area you can do short cut hair. 

1 hour ago, Gabreille Nelson Mukhia said:

You're results are looking exceptionally good. The donor area shall recover in the coming months. 

In case that the results on donor area are not good, you as a representative of Eugenix what solution will you offer to him?

@Eugenix Hair Sciences

Edited by JoselitoElGallo

45 minutes ago, JoselitoElGallo said:

In case that the results on donor area are not good, you as a representative of Eugenix what solution will you offer to him?

@Eugenix Hair Sciences

In case of donor thinning we can implant body hair grafts at the extraction sites to make it look uniform.

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ