In desperate need of advice

Back in 2018 when I had severe hairfall I desperately went to a surgeon in Pakistan to get a hair transplant without doing proper research and the transplant ofcourse failed and over harvested my donor area. They supposedly told me they took 2500 graft but I think it was more than that.  Fast forward to now I’m losing my hair again in the mid scalp and crown and going into deep depression b/c of that so much so that it is affecting my daily life. I want to get another transplant to cover as much of my scalp as possible, but I’m not sure if I have enough donor left. Looking at the pictures can someone please tell me if:

1- should I wait till my thinning is more progressed before getting a 2nd transplant
2- Do I have enough donor left to do another transplant including beard and chest hair?
3- how many grafts do you think it will take to cover the entire area with medium density?
4- I’m saving every penny to get this botched job fix, which surgeon would you suggest in turkey for a person with limited budget.

All the pictures below are recent and after my transplant some with buzz cut some with grown hair. 

3800E81A-C4B9-467B-8D06-3EF21D061744.jpeg

35DC3954-BA00-45CC-8609-F9C37FB90810.jpeg

30515168-17BA-4009-8BD4-187E8E3BC414.jpeg

C9B6763B-7C26-42DA-8684-72817C76F508.jpeg

FD3B8191-8E8B-4F1D-93D9-815D8448D338.jpeg

EAE5C23B-8F8A-4772-B99B-9AAC7D43DB96.jpeg

48DB5A3B-0EFA-46AF-B014-7ADA55E4048D.jpeg

0B3B378C-7C68-48CA-82B8-42DB7D49CEDD.jpeg

9C49E12E-B121-4CC5-89C2-610BC24636C1.jpeg

Edited by Syri1001
Spelling mistakes

Please be careful in taking your next step, don’t go too cheap and don’t consider Turkey just because it’s more affordable in general. Your donor area has had a high amount of grafts taken from a small area, so your next Clinic/Dr needs to be someone who manages donor areas particularly well. 
Are you on a med regime.? Also how old are you at present? Just wondering how your hair loss is developing. 
Someone like Eugenix/Dr Bisnaga/Dr Feriduni & @DrTBarghouthiwould be ideal to consult with. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, J.A.C said:

Please be careful in taking your next step, don’t go too cheap and don’t consider Turkey just because it’s more affordable in general. Your donor area has had a high amount of grafts taken from a small area, so your next Clinic/Dr needs to be someone who manages donor areas particularly well. 
Are you on a med regime.? Also how old are you at present? Just wondering how your hair loss is developing. 
Someone like Eugenix/Dr Bisnaga/Dr Feriduni & @DrTBarghouthiwould be ideal to consult with. 

I’m 32 and not taking any medications. My hair fall seems to come and go in episodes, a year will pass without any shedding and then there will be some months with extreme shedding. Right now I’m seeing a lot of shedding from my crown area and mid scalp. 

Without meds the hair loss will continue, the pattern developing already is a Norwood 6. Considering Fin would help you retain, but this would need discussion with your own Dr/Dermatologist. Just something to think about for the long term plan. We can’t fully predict on how quickly we will lose more hair, just that it will continue, a med regime can really help. 

Edited by J.A.C
  • Like 1

• Valued Contributor

Do you have immediate pre and post surgery photos that you could share? Personally with number of grafts already taken I would seriously consider taking Finasteride to stabilize your current hair loss before doing anything. I would be looking at a clinic like Eugenix who are excellent in donor management. They are also excellent in using beard grafts. All the best!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My donor was botched really badly, I think your donor is still ok by looking at the photos, do not go for mega sessions, I estimate you'll need 2000-3000 grafts to cover the frontal area.

• Thanks 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

3 hours ago, Syri1001 said:

In desperate need of advice

Back in 2018 when I had severe hairfall I desperately went to a surgeon in Pakistan to get a hair transplant without doing proper research and the transplant ofcourse failed and over harvested my donor area. They supposedly told me they took 2500 graft but I think it was more than that.  Fast forward to now I’m losing my hair again in the mid scalp and crown and going into deep depression b/c of that so much so that it is affecting my daily life. I want to get another transplant to cover as much of my scalp as possible, but I’m not sure if I have enough donor left. Looking at the pictures can someone please tell me if:

1- should I wait till my thinning is more progressed before getting a 2nd transplant
2- Do I have enough donor left to do another transplant including beard and chest hair?
3- how many grafts do you think it will take to cover the entire area with medium density?
4- I’m saving every penny to get this botched job fix, which surgeon would you suggest in turkey for a person with limited budget.

All the pictures below are recent and after my transplant some with buzz cut some with grown hair. 

3800E81A-C4B9-467B-8D06-3EF21D061744.jpeg

35DC3954-BA00-45CC-8609-F9C37FB90810.jpeg

30515168-17BA-4009-8BD4-187E8E3BC414.jpeg

C9B6763B-7C26-42DA-8684-72817C76F508.jpeg

FD3B8191-8E8B-4F1D-93D9-815D8448D338.jpeg

EAE5C23B-8F8A-4772-B99B-9AAC7D43DB96.jpeg

48DB5A3B-0EFA-46AF-B014-7ADA55E4048D.jpeg

0B3B378C-7C68-48CA-82B8-42DB7D49CEDD.jpeg

9C49E12E-B121-4CC5-89C2-610BC24636C1.jpeg

Ans: You should take finasteride to prevent any further progression of baldness. You should try to save as much hair as possible with the use of finasteride regardless of a second transplant or not.

Ans: You seem to have sufficient donor left for the transplantation procedure. Your donor in the back scalp and sides of the scalp seem more than enough.

Ans: You would require around 2000 to 2500 grafts approximately for the entire coverage.

• Thanks 1

Syri1001,

Thanks for sharing your story and your photos. I can see by the donor area that your previous surgeon did substantially overtax your donor area, leaving you with evident scarring when your hair is cropped short on the sides and back.  That said, there are ways to potentially minimize the appearance of your existing scarring and in addition, provide you with more hair.

In your post, you ask whether or not you should wait until you experience more hair loss before undergoing a second hair transplant procedure.  Is there a reason you’re not using hair loss medication such as finasteride or even minoxidil in attempt to slow down, stop or even reverse its progression?   While nonsurgical treatments aren’t all that good at regrowing new hair in thinning or bald areas, some of them such as finasteride have a high percentage in helping you keep the existing hair you have. If you can stabilize your condition, it’ll be a lot easier to restore your hair surgically.

Looking at the recipient area, I would venture to say you would need approximately 3000 to 4000 grafts to provide coverage and moderate density in all the thinning areas from the front all way back to the crown - assuming you don’t lose more hair in the process.

As for the donor area however, it’s difficult to say because you already have substantial scarring and you wouldn’t want to make it worse.  It would be a good idea to consult with a few leading hair transplant surgeons to get their professional opinion on how to address the next procedure and how to both maximize the amount of hair for transplanting and reduce the appearance of scarring.

best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant
  • Thanks 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

Thank you for the mention @J.A.C

I believe it’s important given your history to start on some good maintenance therapy such as finasteride. You frontal and anterior Mid scalp will require around 3000 grafts for decent density. The over harvested area will need to be left alone without harvesting, but other areas are luckily untouched it seems. 

• Like 2

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram