Exosomes Hair Loss Therapy Legit?

So I've been posting on this forum, and was looking to do a hair transplant. Through research on this website I heard about Dr. Dorin in NYC, so I went for a consultation. I was told I have DUPA and was not a good candidate for a HT. However, Dr. Dorin suggested exosomes as a possible hair loss solution. It has worked for many people with my condition, although it is not FDA approved. It's like $6k and its basically injecting stem cells into your head. Has anyone heard of this and is this legit?

• Administrators

I would rather use laser therapy for half the price and not have to keep paying the $6k. I don’t believe there’s any hard evidence for either treatment. Best treatments are a combination of 5-alpha reductase inhibitors, growth stimulators, and scalp inflammation reducers. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Was nothing more than a massive waist of money for me. You say it has worked for a massive amount of people according to Dorin? Where are these people? Dr. McGrath in Austin said the same to me and I bought it. Like Melvin suggested I’d look into other proven therapies.

11 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Best treatments are a combination of 5-alpha reductase inhibitors, growth stimulators, and scalp inflammation reducers. 

This. 

Laser therapy won’t do anything for you, and considering the amount of hype these US surgeons give exosomes, they’re amusingly reluctant to share any before and afters of these so called ‘dramatic’ transformations. 

Total money grab IMO 

12 hours ago, Style22 said:

Was nothing more than a massive waist of money for me. You say it has worked for a massive amount of people according to Dorin? Where are these people? Dr. McGrath in Austin said the same to me and I bought it. Like Melvin suggested I’d look into other proven therapies.

So you thought it was a complete waste? Dr. Mcgrath in Austin is who Dr. Dorin suggest I go to! I haven't started doing too much research into it yet but is there anything else you can tell me?

7 hours ago, Curious25 said:

This. 

Laser therapy won’t do anything for you, and considering the amount of hype these US surgeons give exosomes, they’re amusingly reluctant to share any before and afters of these so called ‘dramatic’ transformations. 

Total money grab IMO 

But exosomes is actually injecting stem cells into your head, not laser therapy. I dont really believe in the PRP therapy or laser comb.

21 minutes ago, bkenn said:

But exosomes is actually injecting stem cells into your head, not laser therapy. I dont really believe in the PRP therapy or laser comb.

If you believe in the theory, then go for it, maybe you will have success with it ?  

All I’m saying is that no doctor has documented an array of before and after results, nor studies to my knowledge that demonstrates it’s effectiveness, let alone justifies the huge price tag, in my mind. 

51 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

If you believe in the theory, then go for it, maybe you will have success with it ?  

All I’m saying is that no doctor has documented an array of before and after results, nor studies to my knowledge that demonstrates it’s effectiveness, let alone justifies the huge price tag, in my mind. 

Exactly this. If you have money to spend and want too give it a shot? Go for it. I have a thread you can look for if you want to see my results or lack there of. Maybe you will be the lucky one it works for? Exosomes certainly aren’t going to harm you as far as we know. Just don’t go into it expecting results.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Curious25 said:

This. 

Total money grab IMO 

They might do nothing for hair loss, but they’re in the same category as PRP and exosomes, except they’re a one-time buy. So if you’re gonna do something that “might” work, I’d do that. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

14 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

They might do nothing for hair loss, but they’re in the same category as PRP and exosomes, except they’re a one-time buy. So if you’re gonna do something that “might” work, I’d do that. 

I agreed with what you said,