Eugenix HT - 2000 grafts - March 24,2022 - Dr.Das

9 hours ago, MazAB said:

It will not close shut. Don't worry about it at all. Focus on keeping your head safe from luggage in overhead compartments and everything else that can harm the grafts. Have a safe flight back!

Thank you for the reassurance! I’m on a layover in Qatar and have been ferociously massaging my forehead this morning to tame the swelling. It looks a little better. I just have to remind myself to relax and not stress out. For me a big risk of coming overseas to do a HT was potential complications and not having access to the team when I’m back home. So this thought is always in the back of my head when I notice things like swelling 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, J.A.C said:

Hope it didn’t carry on swelling too much, it’s not that unusual though for edema to occur after a hair transplant. Hope the flight has been ok 🤞

I’ve been doing the massage Eugenix recommended and it looks like it’s working. This morning was rough though. Between the surgical cap and swollen face Ive been getting plenty of eyeballs aimed in my direction throughout the day 😂 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Midwestkid0324 said:

I’ve been doing the massage Eugenix recommended and it looks like it’s working. This morning was rough though. Between the surgical cap and swollen face Ive been getting plenty of eyeballs aimed in my direction throughout the day 😂 

The exercises will definitely help reduce it, should reduce in the next few days.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Midwestkid0324 said:

Don't worry, those eyeballs will be admiring the great results in 12 months lol. 

Hopefully you can get home and the post-op advice will get you through to the period where you can sleep normal and not worry about the grafts. You'll also hopefully sleep well again lol. 

The swelling will hopefully dissipate soon and with you having gone to a clinic generally well regarded for their donor management, hairline placement etc. you shouldn't need to have a lot of things to worry about post-op after the first few weeks. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, SD1984 said:

That's nothing. I once saw a video of a dude who's eyes blew up like baseballs bc of the drop in swelling. I hope yours has gone away by now.

Wow. I guess whenever you think you have it bad there’s always someone out there who has it a little worse. I can’t complain too much. Outside of the swelling I’ve barely felt any discomfort or pain at all 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

Don't worry, those eyeballs will be admiring the great results in 12 months lol. 

Hopefully you can get home and the post-op advice will get you through to the period where you can sleep normal and not worry about the grafts. You'll also hopefully sleep well again lol. 

The swelling will hopefully dissipate soon and with you having gone to a clinic generally well regarded for their donor management, hairline placement etc. you shouldn't need to have a lot of things to worry about post-op after the first few weeks. 

I’m glad you touched on the subject of sleep. Man has it been tough getting some good rest these last few days. I’m using the method Marvin suggested in his video where you use a travel pillow and position yourself in a 45 degree angle. Falling asleep isn’t difficult. Being able to get continuous, comfortable sleep is. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Midwestkid0324 said:

I’m glad you touched on the subject of sleep. Man has it been tough getting some good rest these last few days. I’m using the method Marvin suggested in his video where you use a travel pillow and position yourself in a 45 degree angle. Falling asleep isn’t difficult. Being able to get continuous, comfortable sleep is. 

For me, the biggest concern is not losing any grafts to things like scratching my head and that first 14 days will probably be hell in terms of sleeping and not doing anything personally wrong, but i know it's going to pay off in the long term. I am going to hopefully purchase a chunky memory foam pillow for sleeping in and try to sleep in a single seater where possible because i have a feeling in my sleep i would turn over to my side otherwise. I'm also planning to try and limit the range of my hands to avoid touching my scalp at all. 

Ultimately i think you made the right choice in doing your research and going to a reputable clinic with a generally well regarded and proven track record and hopefully your results are every bit as great as the rest. 

• Like 1

Hope you got well back safe and sound bud. Would love to get an update on how your flight back was and any tips you'd share with others to help them flying back after the procedure. 

Update: Today is day 4 since having my 2,000 graft procedure at Eugenix with Dr. Das. The last 24 hours or so have been exhausting, to say the least. My return flight from Delhi to Chicago was cancelled and instead I was booked on an alternative flight that had a 14 hour layover in Qatar. I was super pissed about this and wasn't provided any kind of transit accommodation by the airline. I basically sat at the airport in Qatar from when my flight from Delhi arrived at 11am until my flight to Chicago departed at 1:35am Monday morning. That's 14 hours in an airport! Qatar has a pretty impressive airport so passing the time wasn't the worst. What makes it exhausting is having to follow that up with a 15 hour flight to Chicago. By the time I got back to the states this morning at 8am I was running on fumes. Ah well theres much bigger problems in the world worse than this. 

If you're looking to travel by air for your HT be prepared for stares on your return trip. I wore a surgical cap the entire time but even with that on I could tell people were staring at me. Some people are flat out rude and will make it super blatant they're looking at you even after you making eye contact with them. After spending a few days in Delhi post op going out and about with my surgical cap on, I grew more and more confident in how I looked. I could give a rats a** if someone was staring at me tbh. Not like I'm ever going to see them again. Also, make sure you get any documentation you can from your doctor that will allow you to take medications required for healing, on your flight. In both, India and Qatar, I was asked about the saline spray Eugenix gave me to apply on my transplanted hairs in 2 hour intervals. Luckily, I had a note and was able to finesse my way through security. However, it wasn't without security pushing back and asking a million questions. In India I was taken to a back office room at customs and asked about what the spray was and why I had it. In Qatar they needed a supervisor to review it before letting me through security. Eugenix did provide a smaller, more flight friendly bottle but it didn't have a spray cap on it. My advice to Eugenix would be to provide patients smaller 100ml bottles with spray caps on them to make this part of the travel process easier. 

As far as how I'm healing, the swelling has gotten much better. I was a little concerned yesterday because I woke up with considerable swelling around my right eye. Thanks to everyone on this thread for assuaging some of my concerns. Eugenix has done a great job of providing daily post-op instructions and updates. One of those updates included a massage technique intended to move fluid away from the eyes and towards the temples. I did that massage like a million times yesterday while on my 14 hour layover lol.

The donor area seems to be healing nicely. Certain areas of the donor are more sensitive to touch and tender but overall not too much pain. I've posted pics below so you can see how the transplanted and donor regions look. Note: the donor area will look a little discolored because I took these pics after I applied the betadine solution, which Eugenix recommends applying to the donor once a day. I've stayed on top of my medications as well. I'm curious about the dosage of these medications. There are 3-4 pills you have to take for 7 days but 3 times a day seems a bit excessive. Not questioning Eugenix's reasoning for prescribing these as they collectively play an important role in minimizing pain and preventing an infection. I'm mainly just curious about taking these 3 times a day.

This may be a stupid question, but I'll ask anyways: Should I be seeing new hairs throughout the transplanted region or is it common to notice just the scabs? If I look closely I can see tiny hairs but also in other areas I mainly just see a scab. Does this mean the new hair could have shed already? I've been super careful the last few days. While traveling I never took off my surgical cap unless to spray saline and at night I sleep with a neck pillow at a 45 degree angle.

IMG_5474.jpg

IMG_5483.jpg

IMG_5484.jpg

IMG_5485.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Man, that sucks so much about how they did that. Hopefully when you feel well enough, you can try pursue some kind of compensation for that BS. 

Yeah, unfortunately i get what you mean about people staring but screw em. Not gonna see em again like you said and main thing in 12 months time is the result you'll be rocking. 

The donor does look like it's doing well for only 4 days post-op. I also get what you mean about taking medication 3x a day but it's probably best to just do it and hopefully it helps. I guess morning after breakfast, afternoon with lunch and in the evening with your meal and that's probably 3 easy times to take the medication. 

I would say the application of the saline spray so often is probably a bigger inconvenience in my eyes lol

Regarding the hair, it's difficult to say but hair can shed sooner or later for some people. It will take you i think they say 10-14 days for the grafts to fully embed in and then you can sleep as normal. 

4 hours ago, NARMAK said:

Man, that sucks so much about how they did that. Hopefully when you feel well enough, you can try pursue some kind of compensation for that BS. 

Yeah, unfortunately i get what you mean about people staring but screw em. Not gonna see em again like you said and main thing in 12 months time is the result you'll be rocking. 

The donor does look like it's doing well for only 4 days post-op. I also get what you mean about taking medication 3x a day but it's probably best to just do it and hopefully it helps. I guess morning after breakfast, afternoon with lunch and in the evening with your meal and that's probably 3 easy times to take the medication. 

I would say the application of the saline spray so often is probably a bigger inconvenience in my eyes lol

Regarding the hair, it's difficult to say but hair can shed sooner or later for some people. It will take you i think they say 10-14 days for the grafts to fully embed in and then you can sleep as normal. 

Yeah I wasn’t all that consistent with the saline spray while traveling. When you’re crammed elbow to elbow with other people on a plane it’s a little difficult pulling out a big spray bottle and spraying yourself with it lol 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Midwestkid0324 said:

Update: Today is day 4 since having my 2,000 graft procedure at Eugenix with Dr. Das. The last 24 hours or so have been exhausting, to say the least. My return flight from Delhi to Chicago was cancelled and instead I was booked on an alternative flight that had a 14 hour layover in Qatar. I was super pissed about this and wasn't provided any kind of transit accommodation by the airline. I basically sat at the airport in Qatar from when my flight from Delhi arrived at 11am until my flight to Chicago departed at 1:35am Monday morning. That's 14 hours in an airport! Qatar has a pretty impressive airport so passing the time wasn't the worst. What makes it exhausting is having to follow that up with a 15 hour flight to Chicago. By the time I got back to the states this morning at 8am I was running on fumes. Ah well theres much bigger problems in the world worse than this. 

If you're looking to travel by air for your HT be prepared for stares on your return trip. I wore a surgical cap the entire time but even with that on I could tell people were staring at me. Some people are flat out rude and will make it super blatant they're looking at you even after you making eye contact with them. After spending a few days in Delhi post op going out and about with my surgical cap on, I grew more and more confident in how I looked. I could give a rats a** if someone was staring at me tbh. Not like I'm ever going to see them again. Also, make sure you get any documentation you can from your doctor that will allow you to take medications required for healing, on your flight. In both, India and Qatar, I was asked about the saline spray Eugenix gave me to apply on my transplanted hairs in 2 hour intervals. Luckily, I had a note and was able to finesse my way through security. However, it wasn't without security pushing back and asking a million questions. In India I was taken to a back office room at customs and asked about what the spray was and why I had it. In Qatar they needed a supervisor to review it before letting me through security. Eugenix did provide a smaller, more flight friendly bottle but it didn't have a spray cap on it. My advice to Eugenix would be to provide patients smaller 100ml bottles with spray caps on them to make this part of the travel process easier. 

As far as how I'm healing, the swelling has gotten much better. I was a little concerned yesterday because I woke up with considerable swelling around my right eye. Thanks to everyone on this thread for assuaging some of my concerns. Eugenix has done a great job of providing daily post-op instructions and updates. One of those updates included a massage technique intended to move fluid away from the eyes and towards the temples. I did that massage like a million times yesterday while on my 14 hour layover lol.

The donor area seems to be healing nicely. Certain areas of the donor are more sensitive to touch and tender but overall not too much pain. I've posted pics below so you can see how the transplanted and donor regions look. Note: the donor area will look a little discolored because I took these pics after I applied the betadine solution, which Eugenix recommends applying to the donor once a day. I've stayed on top of my medications as well. I'm curious about the dosage of these medications. There are 3-4 pills you have to take for 7 days but 3 times a day seems a bit excessive. Not questioning Eugenix's reasoning for prescribing these as they collectively play an important role in minimizing pain and preventing an infection. I'm mainly just curious about taking these 3 times a day.

This may be a stupid question, but I'll ask anyways: Should I be seeing new hairs throughout the transplanted region or is it common to notice just the scabs? If I look closely I can see tiny hairs but also in other areas I mainly just see a scab. Does this mean the new hair could have shed already? I've been super careful the last few days. While traveling I never took off my surgical cap unless to spray saline and at night I sleep with a neck pillow at a 45 degree angle.

Holy hell that must've been annoying but like you mentioned, you will never see these strangers again in your life.

The hard part is over now. Now we wait lol.

7 hours ago, Midwestkid0324 said:

It is absolutely normal to notice only scabs or hair on the transplanted area. Nothing to worry about. Shedding could be there in some areas. When you have your first headwash, you will see more shedding of hair. Do not worry about it.

6 hours ago, Midwestkid0324 said:

Yeah I wasn’t all that consistent with the saline spray while traveling. When you’re crammed elbow to elbow with other people on a plane it’s a little difficult pulling out a big spray bottle and spraying yourself with it lol 

That's probably the last thing on my mind too tbh lol. People on here constantly mentioned not hitting your head on the overhead baggage storage area etc. and i definitely feel that if i was going to get up every hour or 2 for the saline spray to be applied in the privacy of the toilet for example, i would be exponentially increasing that risk. 

I do think you could if you were super confident and IDGAF about it do it in your seat but might feel odd personally if it's not more than a mist and going all over the place lol. 

Sounds like a very tough journey back. However, take some solace in that you have done the hard part now. I personally decided to stay 7 days after the procedure so I could recover, as I didn't trust myself not to bang my head. However, appreciate not everyone has that luxury.

Time to kick back now are relax now and enjoy the growing. Looking very forward to following this journey. 

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your flight man I would have been so mad as well. Hope you get a compensation for that but the hard part is over now goodluck man! excited to see how you progress

• Like 1

My hair transplant Journey with Dr. Freitas

3 hours ago, Bandit90 said:

Sounds like a very tough journey back. However, take some solace in that you have done the hard part now. I personally decided to stay 7 days after the procedure so I could recover, as I didn't trust myself not to bang my head. However, appreciate not everyone has that luxury.

Time to kick back now are relax now and enjoy the growing. Looking very forward to following this journey. 

Are you glad you stayed 7 days? Was the trip back a lot better after that?

• Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear about the long return journey home! I wore my blue surgical cap on the flight home and kept spraying my grafts every two hours like clock work. An attendant noticed what I was doing and I asked if I could be moved to a better seat as I had just had a hair transplant. It turned out that he was on dutasteride that was being prescribed by Dr Kong in Thailand! Anyway after 20 minutes of chatting about medication and transplants he upgraded me to business class!

Edited by Gatsby
  • Like 4

54 minutes ago, drawdownfx said:

Are you glad you stayed 7 days? Was the trip back a lot better after that?

I'm glad that I did. The bonus was that I had my donor cleaned everyday by the clinic and they did full day 7 full clean to remove the scabs. This meant that I could travel back without wearing a surgical cap. Plus after 7 days the grafts are set in place, so any accidental knocks wouldn't damage the grafts, so it gave me peace of mind. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Bandit90 said:

I'm glad that I did. The bonus was that I had my donor cleaned everyday by the clinic and they did full day 7 full clean to remove the scabs. This meant that I could travel back without wearing a surgical cap. Plus after 7 days the grafts are set in place, so any accidental knocks wouldn't damage the grafts, so it gave me peace of mind. 

I am definitely staying 7 days then. Thanks bro

• Like 1