Hairline- Who's better? Rahal VS Bisanga

I'mclose to a norwood 3 that wants to do a hairline transplant and touch the temple points as well, probably FUT, of about 1500 grafts

Who would be your choice between either Rahal or Bisanga for the job?

Seems like Bisanga is mentioned often but I don't see Rahal mentioned much anymore 

• Administrators

I suggest looking up reviews here and judging for yourself. Hair line design is subjective. Both are excellent and capable surgeons, so you can’t go wrong in my opinion. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

15 hours ago, TorontoMan said:

Both are great in my view. I had great hairline work done with Rahal and you can check out my thread

I’d like to see your results

How do I find your thread man, you have a lot of posts

My observations;

Bisanga
Favours more a-symmetry,
I haven't seen a great deal of patient posted temple point work
Has a unique style of temple closure, (which is subjective)
Has had many patient posted hairline cases on here over the last 4 years 
Seems to achieve pretty consistently high growth yields
Transplants into native hair areas, not just bald areas - which produces more fluid zonal transition 

Rahal 
4-5 years ago had the online reputation of being 'hairline king'
Favours more straighter, youthful and aggressive hairline and temple point design (when candidates permit for this)
Dense packs well 
On this particular site, I can only think of Toronto Man from recent times, as a patient posted thread - very good result

Edit - I should add, Bisanga seems to achieve early growth in a very high number of his patients, which despite what people will lead you to believe, anecdotally I do think there is a correlation between early growth and knock out results - despite it not being a categorical 'make it or break it' factor in terms of achieving a good result, as we all know, people grow at different rates etc etc. 

But people with early growth from months 2.5-month 4 . . typically always have very good overall results, and this happens frequently on BHR patients on here. 

Edited by Curious25
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, TorontoMan said:

Great results man, Rahal did a great job. 

6 hours ago, Curious25 said:

My observations;

Bisanga
Favours more a-symmetry,
I haven't seen a great deal of patient posted temple point work
Has a unique style of temple closure, (which is subjective)
Has had many patient posted hairline cases on here over the last 4 years 
Seems to achieve pretty consistently high growth yields
Transplants into native hair areas, not just bald areas - which produces more fluid zonal transition 

Rahal 
Favours more straighter, youthful and aggressive hairline and temple point design (when candidates permit for this)
Dense packs well 
On this particular site, I can only think of Toronto Man from recent times, as a patient posted thread - very good result

Edit - I should add, Bisanga seems to achieve early growth in a very high number of his patients, which despite what people will lead you to believe, anecdotally I do think there is a correlation between early growth and knock out results - despite it not being a categorical 'make it or break it' factor in terms of achieving a good result, as we all know, people grow at different rates etc etc. 

But people with early growth from months 2.5-month 4 . . typically always have very good overall results, and this happens frequently on BHR patients on here. 

Appreciate the comparison

It seems like both are great Dr's with a solid reputations and overall results

By what you are saying and what I gathered so far, Bisanga is close to the top of the wave these days and there is a lot of proof and his name is very relevant today, being mentioned very often, while Rahal was there a few years ago and nowadays, while still being reputable by all means, seems like he's lost quite some popularity and there are not many examples of his later work.

I take it that you favor BHR over Rahal, would that be accurate? 

3 minutes ago, TorontoMan said:

Bisanga does his own extractions which I think is a plus 

I'm not 100% sure, but apparently there's a couple options where if Dr Bisanga does everything, he charges more per graft if you feel there's a greater reassurance there. 

However, Dr Bisanaga also has an extremely adept team it seems that are highly trained as technicians that have been with him maybe 10+ years that can also be imo trusted. 

I would probably say in terms of hairline design, Curious25 above nailed the way the two approach things. 

Personally i like how dense packed Dr Bisanga makes his hairlines and into the existing hair to get a great fullness in the results but i do not typically like the closure of the temple points from an aesthetic PoV myself but there's no denying they give a natural looking result. 

I'm sure if you look though, there's certainly more straight, shallow and flat designs Dr Bisanga would do for you if you're the right candidate. Ultimately any doctor and one of a particular reputation will look to take on patients that will be likely to have a good outcome but also come to them with realistic understanding of what can be achieved within their own expectations. 

7 hours ago, Curious25 said:

My observations;

Rahal 
Dense packs well 

I just wanted to chime in here real quick with a couple quick corrections. I realize of course the above are the posters observations.  But I want to point out a couple things as someone who not inky now works for Dr. Rahal but is very familiar with his work and has seen dozens of examples of his results over the years both in person and online.

it’s not that Dr. Rahal prefers a certain type of hairline, it’s that he re-creates and customizes a hairline that best suits each patient.   When appropriate, Dr. Rahal will create a youthful looking hairline and he’ll create a more conservative looking hairline when necessary as well. Dr. Rahal has always and still does specialize in hairlines that I personally continue to be impressed by.

Very soon, we will be presenting more regular examples of Dr. Rahal’s recent results on this forum so you’ll have more to look through.

Stay tuned.

Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

6 hours ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

When appropriate, Dr. Rahal will create a youthful looking hairline

That’s what I said. And even from the more ‘conservative’ hairlines I’ve seen from him - they still tend to be more straighter and flatter than a BHR ‘conservative’ hairline - which I don’t think is a bad thing, it’s just an observation of tendency in designs between the two. 

I do think you should post more current work or encourage patients to post on here (something I know for a fact that BHR does, they encourage patients to post reviews online before results have even grown in, which accounts for why there is such a wide body of patient posted BHR work on here). 

7 hours ago, AndrwE said:

Great results man, Rahal did a great job. 

Appreciate the comparison

It seems like both are great Dr's with a solid reputations and overall results

By what you are saying and what I gathered so far, Bisanga is close to the top of the wave these days and there is a lot of proof and his name is very relevant today, being mentioned very often, while Rahal was there a few years ago and nowadays, while still being reputable by all means, seems like he's lost quite some popularity and there are not many examples of his later work.

I take it that you favor BHR over Rahal, would that be accurate? 

Yea you’ve pretty much interpreted all of what I meant very well. Both a good docs, but this industry tends to go through waves and phases of ‘trending doctors’, and over the last 3-4 years, Bisanga has certainly been ‘trending’ more than Rahal. 

I would personally favour BHR, solely because I have seen a lot more recent patient posted work, and know a lot more about BHR’s practice and services, due to the high level of interaction Bisanga has with Melvin on IG lives and from the patients and reps he has that are very active on this forum. 

In terms of who’s ‘better’ - I wouldn’t have a clue.

Your choice of surgeon is more about narrowing it down to who makes you feel the most confident in your decision. 

Curious,

I realize that you were just sharing your observations. I just wanted to chime in and add some additional information. That said, you can expect to start seeing more regularly posted examples of Dr. Rahal‘s results starting this coming week onwards. Moreover, we will be encouraging more patients to share their experiences and results as well.

Beat wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

16 hours ago, Curious25 said:

That’s what I said. And even from the more ‘conservative’ hairlines I’ve seen from him - they still tend to be more straighter and flatter than a BHR ‘conservative’ hairline - which I don’t think is a bad thing, it’s just an observation of tendency in designs between the two. 

I do think you should post more current work or encourage patients to post on here (something I know for a fact that BHR does, they encourage patients to post reviews online before results have even grown in, which accounts for why there is such a wide body of patient posted BHR work on here). 

Yea you’ve pretty much interpreted all of what I meant very well. Both a good docs, but this industry tends to go through waves and phases of ‘trending doctors’, and over the last 3-4 years, Bisanga has certainly been ‘trending’ more than Rahal. 

I would personally favour BHR, solely because I have seen a lot more recent patient posted work, and know a lot more about BHR’s practice and services, due to the high level of interaction Bisanga has with Melvin on IG lives and from the patients and reps he has that are very active on this forum. 

In terms of who’s ‘better’ - I wouldn’t have a clue.

Your choice of surgeon is more about narrowing it down to who makes you feel the most confident in your decision. 

I certainly lean towards Bisanga as of now for the same reasons you mention, there seems to be more exposure and transparency 

At the end on the day results are all that matter, and we’ve got a lot of evidence with Bisanga and not much lately with Rahal

Torontoman’s results are terrific, but that’s just one case

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates on photos of patient results?

On 3/19/2022 at 10:48 PM, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

Very soon, we will be presenting more regular examples of Dr. Rahal’s recent results on this forum so you’ll have more to look through.

Stay tuned.

Rahal Hair Transplant