ASMED - 5064 fue - Dr Koray ERDOGAN - 6 month

Hello everyone,

I underwent a transplant at asmed on 08/09/2021 (option A).
I received 5064 grafts, with the characteristics:
ratio: 2.17
donor area: 9100
size: 66 micron

I am a non smoker.
No alcohol one week before surgery and two weeks after surgery.
I have stopped minoxidil before surgery., i retake it since 3 days
I alternate daily between finasteride and dutasteride.

Evaluation:

eval.jpg.a19e56475c609515c9409b8932e3b326.jpg

Before:

avant.jpg.f5248b566e1583eb3eb7e069253cc09c.jpg

avant2.jpg.20feade714c14fb9d44d91d01e027e57.jpg

6 month :

6mois.jpg.1e7d31af879d745d9e92477670cef32f.jpg

6mois2.jpg.9468c07ab4762eb253a1e2a872d5db5e.jpg

What do you thing about the evolution?

Edited by Loic75300
  • Like 1

• Loic75300 changed the title to ASMED - 5064 fue - Dr Koray - 6 month

6 months is the half way point for most of us. So you still have at least another 6 months for it to improve, this is the normal time line. Keep us updated every month and we can evaluate it with you. It’s clear you already have growth, it should continue. 🙏

• Loic75300 changed the title to ASMED - 5064 fue - Dr Koray ERDOGAN - 6 month

I would expect better growth at this point, but it is still early. You may be a late bloomer, but I understand why you are concerned. With that many grafts you should be much better along at this point. 

6 months is still half way. I had good growth within 6 months with Dr. Koray and was on fin everyday.

Just little tips that worked for me

• Let your hair grow longer in length for a couple of months and you should feel a difference in coverage since you hair is 66 micron (better than mine 59 micron).
  • Use regaine foam twice a day if you can to stimulate faster growth.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

When I compare before and now, I'm too sad and anxious.....Photos taken hair dry on the same window with ambient lightimage.thumb.png.1aa363b211f1e1ee19d9d854614ea964.png

What do you think ?
Is it normal?

Edited by Loic75300
  • Like 1

I think most of us would have expected more growth by 6.5 months than we can see in the pictures you provided.  The pictures appear to show mid scalp being a little worse off than before.  And that is difficult to explain.  There is some growth at the front, but for 5064 grafts, I think it should have been more pronounced.  Do you take finasteride and/or use minoxidil?

• Like 1

I take finasteride and dutasteride (alternating) dutasteride is 10 times stronger than fina.
I stopped minoxidil before the operation, I had been taking it for more than 10 years. With the agreement of the clinic I stopped it definitively. Faced with the slow regrowth, I have been taking it back for 2 weeks.

31 minutes ago, Loic75300 said:

I take finasteride and dutasteride (alternating) dutasteride is 10 times stronger than fina.
I stopped minoxidil before the operation, I had been taking it for more than 10 years. With the agreement of the clinic I stopped it definitively. Faced with the slow regrowth, I have been taking it back for 2 weeks.

the stoppage of minoxidil might be the reason why your lost hair in areas where you had previously. How long before the hair transplant did you hop off minoxidil? 

If you stopped minoxidil just a few days before the hair transplant the hairs that were reliant on the minoxidil would of disappeared a couple/few weeks after the hair transplant. 

Those hair follicles reliant on minoxidil would of just fallen off. I would think about going back on oral minoxidil or topical minoxidil at this point. 

When I first started reading your thread, I was like wow 5000+ in one sitting. This guy will have great coverage all in one surgery. 

As I see your recent photos, it reiterates to me why time and time again, most top level clinics will want you to divide large coverage areas into multiple procedure. If some thing fails, you are not out by 5000 grafts and you can go back to the drawing board. 

having said that, you are still early and according to Melvin there are late bloomers so you may be one of them. Unfortunately besides trying to focus on something else (work gym etc) there is not much you can do right now.