Mesotherapy gun at home

nikosgreece

Hello, nw3 vertex, 23 years old, man

I have tried oral dutasteride for many years and it did not worked for me. also others drugs.

I am going to use an mesotherapy gun at home (i am knowing how to use it as it is my job) .at low depth 0.25-0.5mm (so no pain at all) and use them with my topicals dutasteride/minox/bimatoprost/kitor kx826 etc. this is my last solution.

1) do the solutions must be sterile in order to inject them with mesotherapy gun at scalp? (0.25-0.5mm). or normal topicals solutions made by an pharmacy in greece is ok?
2) is it problem if they contain ethanol and PG? I am asking because  i not know if ethanol is bad if injecting on scalp...?
3) could i use trichosol from fagron as base for less damagen on scalp? or normal pg/ethanol is ok?

I appreciate , thank you so much, nikos.

• Administrators

I’m not sure how to answer this, sounds intriguing. Have you consulted with any surgeons regarding this? 

Let me tag @DrTBarghouthi

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

When I purchased my topical dut from Dr. Mwamba's clinic, they sent me an email suggesting that I incorporate mesotherapy 1x per week with the meds. 

Here's the quote from the initial email:

'For maximum benefits it is advised to combine with once-a-week Dutasteride Mesotherapy 0.01% with micro needling at 0.5mm to 1mm'

I followed up because it wasn't clear if they were suggesting to apply the dut right after the needling or, as has been widely suggested for the combo use of microneedling and minoxidil, wait 24 hours before applying.

Here's their response:

'If you are doing the combined treatment of Topical Dutasteride and Mesotherapy; Mesotherapy should be applied 3 times a month (expand to 4 if you do not have side effects). To apply it, use the Microneedling and then apply the product.'

Edited by kirkland

Thanks. At such minimal depth you can use the dermaroller or gun and then apply the products. It can be bought from pharmacy. For injectable mesotherapy at greater depths, sterile is advised. I think alcohol containing solutions might cause more irritation but can be tried at the depth you suggested. Anything deeper or injected deeper, I would not recommend at home. 

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

Thanks DrTBarghouti. i will not go deeper than 0.5mm.

So, at 0.25mm - 0.5mm depth you suggest use mesotherapy gun or dermapen?

and mestherapy guns should i buy an model like 200 usd or like 1.000usd? or not difference for so small depth?

trichosol maybe will be easier for my scalp if using 0.5mm? and how about efficiency compares to pg/alcohol?

Sounds like a solid idea mate, very keen to see how well it works. I've read very good things about topical DUT.

May I ask why the others didn't work? Was it because of sides, or simply not a lot of results?

My only suggestion would be to consult the most recent studies using DUT and mesotherapy, and see if there's elements of their methodology that are consistent.

All the best!

2 hours ago, nikosgreece said:

Thanks DrTBarghouti. i will not go deeper than 0.5mm.

So, at 0.25mm - 0.5mm depth you suggest use mesotherapy gun or dermapen?

and mestherapy guns should i buy an model like 200 usd or like 1.000usd? or not difference for so small depth?

trichosol maybe will be easier for my scalp if using 0.5mm? and how about efficiency compares to pg/alcohol?

I think a dermatoller or dermapen will have a similar effect and probably cheaper. No preference regarding models for me. I think trichosol might be less irritating but still many people use PG based solutions with no harm. You can test both. The key is doing something you are happy and consistent with. 

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

Derek from "More Plates More Dates" is a reputable guy on topics like hair loss, posting one of his video links and what he uses below. He does it at 1.5mm, a bit extreme IMO. But the machine he uses can be adjusted down to the range you want as well.  Based on your forum name, do you live in Greece or are you just from there? The link below is for customers in Europe with the power outlet designed for their electrical grid format. If you are in Greece based on the shipping options looks like you'll need to have it delivered somewhere else and then forwarded to you. 

Hi, i am between two models to buy

Hi, which mesogun is better at 0.25-0.5mm everydayuse at home?

or

The only concern i have with the expensive model is that it has only one needle.
Is this bad? or it is better? 

i will do the mesotherapy alone.

whats your opinion

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Removed links

On 3/3/2022 at 12:00 PM, DrTBarghouthi said:

I think a dermatoller or dermapen will have a similar effect and probably cheaper. No preference regarding models for me. I think trichosol might be less irritating but still many people use PG based solutions with no harm. You can test both. The key is doing something you are happy and consistent with. 

hi, thanks so much. I heard many that says that injection with mesotherapy gun (not microneedle) on scalp wth ethanol may cause damage to cells and scalp. is this true? i am referring to 0.25/0.5mm only.

1 hour ago, nikosgreece said:

hi, thanks so much. I heard many that says that injection with mesotherapy gun (not microneedle) on scalp wth ethanol may cause damage to cells and scalp. is this true? i am referring to 0.25/0.5mm only.

Ethanol can be irritating even without the gun or roller. I don’t believe it causes permanent damage if used like that. Minoxidil solutions have some ethanol/pG and have been used with rollers and possibly guns for a while. However, as I mentioned, you should use what makes you comfortable and consistent and at ease with. 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

On 3/13/2022 at 10:45 PM, DrTBarghouthi said:

Ethanol can be irritating even without the gun or roller. I don’t believe it causes permanent damage if used like that. Minoxidil solutions have some ethanol/pG and have been used with rollers and possibly guns for a while. However, as I mentioned, you should use what makes you comfortable and consistent and at ease with. 

On 3/3/2022 at 12:00 PM, DrTBarghouthi said:

thank you i have an question also

what do you think is more efficient for scalp absoprtion nd efficiency on treating hairloss?

a) Topicals dutasteride etc with DMSO as vehicle at high concentration like 0.5%

OR

b) Injectable solutions with pg/ethanol or trichosol with mesogun at 0.25-0.5mm but with low concentration 0.1%?

5 hours ago, nikosgreece said:

thank you i have an question also

what do you think is more efficient for scalp absoprtion nd efficiency on treating hairloss?

a) Topicals dutasteride etc with DMSO as vehicle at high concentration like 0.5%

OR

b) Injectable solutions with pg/ethanol or trichosol with mesogun at 0.25-0.5mm but with low concentration 0.1%?

Thank you. I do not recall any major studies that could compare these exact methods in terms of effectiveness. But over the years, the topical route has been Somehow more effective in maintenance therapy- possibly due to more compliance and frequent use. 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram