Dr Taleb barghouthi around 3040 grafts

taza

• 3 weeks later...

It's been 5.5 months since my transplant. I am seeing some growth but it's still very patchy especially on the right side. Should I begin to worry?

20220804_200236.jpg

20220804_193655.jpg

20220804_200256.jpg

Edited by taza

Chill dude — stop looking daily and freaking out weekly. Stress only makes hair worse. Just relax for another 2-3 months before judging if the growth is good or bad - what’s done is done for now

• Like 1

Sorry but I'm comparing my growth with my previous transplant and the growth is much slower this time. I will be more patient and do what the doctor advised me and judge after 8 months.

Sorry bud 😞 

It does look like the grafts didn’t survive. Maybe it will improve and you’re slow grower but at this moment in time, this is how it looks like to me.

Did the doctor himself perform the surgery or techs? 

The doctor did the incisions and extraction. The techs did the implants. I am worried not just because of the bad growth but also of the hundreds of stubble hairs which are the same size from the day they were planted. The stubbles are neither shedding or growing.

19 minutes ago, LookMaxx said:

Sorry bud 😞 

It does look like the grafts didn’t survive. Maybe it will improve and you’re slow grower but at this moment in time, this is how it looks like to me.

Did the doctor himself perform the surgery or techs? 

once grafts are inside the skin, why would not they survive? Assuming they never got dislodged

Not sure but its nearly 6 months since surgery and alot of my grafts didn't shed nor they are growing. The doctor is saying the grafts are still dormant but can they stay dormant for 6 months?

3 hours ago, taza said:

Sorry but I'm comparing my growth with my previous transplant and the growth is much slower this time. I will be more patient and do what the doctor advised me and judge after 8 months.

You cannot compare the regrowth of your first transplant with the second one, we know that regrowth on a virgin scalp is different than that on a scalp where a transplant has already been performed due to scar tissue, so, as they say other members, avoid stressing yourself and wait another 2/3 months, then you will sum up.

12 minutes ago, ITA said:

You cannot compare the regrowth of your first transplant with the second one, we know that regrowth on a virgin scalp is different than that on a scalp where a transplant has already been performed due to scar tissue, so, as they say other members, avoid stressing yourself and wait another 2/3 months, then you will sum up.

I'm not comparing with my first transplant. I have had 3 previous transplant. The first 2 failed, the third one which was successful, I had nearly all my growth in 6 months. I'm worried this could be another failed transplant because I haven't much growth in nearly 6 months.

36 minutes ago, kumardarshan said:

once grafts are inside the skin, why would not they survive? Assuming they never got dislodged

If the grafts are damaged, it doesn’t matter if they’re inside the skin.

15 hours ago, taza said:

I'm not comparing with my first transplant. I have had 3 previous transplant. The first 2 failed, the third one which was successful,

It would be helpful if you could provide before photos of each of your transplants. I'm a bit surprised that you underwent 3 transplants regarding your first two being failures. Which surgeons did you previously go to?

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

2 minutes ago, mister_25 said:

It would be helpful if you could provide before photos of each of your transplants. I'm a bit surprised that you underwent 3 transplants regarding your first two being failures. Which surgeons did you previously go to?

I had 2 failed surgeries in the UK about 15 years ago and I had a successful surgery with Dr rahal in Canada about 10 years ago.

7 hours ago, 5BetaReductase said:

They’re mostly not growing. It’s just the telogen hair that’s being pushed out. 

If the Hair appears to have gotten longer than what the size was when implanted, would not that imply that the hair follicle was building the hairs and was not damaged?

On 8/8/2022 at 8:34 AM, taza said:

More recent pictures. My growth is terrible for 5.5 months. Feel depressed.

20220808_072030.jpg

20220808_071229.jpg

Do you have a better camera? I don't understand how a phone in this day and age takes pictures this blurry, it genuinely doesn't look bad for 5.5 months.. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, botchedguy95 said:

Do you have a better camera? I don't understand how a phone in this day and age takes pictures this blurry, it genuinely doesn't look bad for 5.5 months.. 

I apologise for the blurry pictures. My 8 year old daughter took them. I will listen to my doctors advice and wait 8 months and then I will post better pictures. 

12 hours ago, kumardarshan said:

If the Hair appears to have gotten longer than what the size was when implanted, would not that imply that the hair follicle was building the hairs and was not damaged?

Not always. There is no way to tell how your transplant yields until the end (usually by 1 year)