Asli Tarcan Performing FUE Surgery

JonDoe

This is shocking!

Another example of Asli Tarcan performing the hair transplant surgery, she has NO MEDICAL BACKGROUND OR CERTIFICATIONS so why does Turkish Ministry of Health even allow this.

this? 

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Removed link and pictures

• Administrators

I don't know enough about her background to comment, but I think the results are enough to see that she is overharvesting donor areas, especially in those of African descent.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Cause money talks unfortunately, and the cosmetic surgery tourism industry is a big player in the economy of large Turkish cities like Istanbul. A lot of money is being spent and made from it. Combine this with the fact that they're not really developed enough of a nation or government to have any real ethical qualms about having blatant displays of these sorts of practices if you scratch beneath the surface a little and you birth the development of these sort of 'go-to' destinations for cheap cosmetic surgery. 

• Like 2

its crazy that every once in a while asli tarcan gets lucky and gives 1/100 patients a somewhat good result than everyone floods into their clinic thinking it will be them too i feel like we need to as a community share our experiences in video format and not just this forum as for some reason only the peopl going to hair mills want to record their results online

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Removed video

• Administrators
46 minutes ago, mmokin said:

its crazy that every once in a while asli tarcan gets lucky and gives 1/100 patients a somewhat good result than everyone floods into their clinic thinking it will be them too i feel like we need to as a community share our experiences in video format and not just this forum as for some reason only the peopl going to hair mills want to record their results online

Some technicians are probably good, but it may be that some of these reviews might not be genuine. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

It is not convenient for the Turkish authorities to check, every year millions of guys leave for this nation to do medical tourism, which means that tons of money enter the coffers of the Turkish state and make the economy run, and enrich Turkey.

• Like 2

I wonder if Turkey has a medical board of sorts where you can report certain Drs? I agree that it's all about money but at some point you'd think this would tarnish their reputation as a whole. Of course what I'm saying hasn't happened yet so maybe I'm being naive.

Suing a Turkish clinic, especially for a guy from another country, is not easy, besides the fact that it is very expensive, you have to look for a Turkish lawyer, who will represent you in a Turkish courtroom, many in the end they abandon the idea, and the pseudo-clinics ,  continue to do what they want.

Edited by Egy
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, JoeMan said:

I wonder if Turkey has a medical board of sorts where you can report certain Drs? I agree that it's all about money but at some point you'd think this would tarnish their reputation as a whole. Of course what I'm saying hasn't happened yet so maybe I'm being naive.

lol no of course not

9 hours ago, Egy said:

Suing a Turkish clinic, especially for a guy from another country, is not easy, besides the fact that it is very expensive, you have to look for a Turkish lawyer, who will represent you in a Turkish courtroom, many in the end they abandon the idea, and the pseudo-clinics ,  continue to do what they want.

the laws in turkey dont hold the clinics accountable its hard enough suing a poor transplant in the west let alone turkey

• Like 1

• Administrators

That’s why it’s vital to learn about hair transplants before getting one done. Education is key. 

• Like 1

View my thread

Just now, Melvin- Moderator said:

That’s why it’s vital to learn about hair transplants before getting one done. Education is key. 

It’s so frustrating we are not able to help these guys before they get decimated, last few days and 2 cases where Asli Tarcan patients have arrived here having already has the usual 5.5k 😢

The marketing gets to them first and we generally deal with the aftermath 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JC71 said:

It’s so frustrating we are not able to help these guys before they get decimated, last few days and 2 cases where Asli Tarcan patients have arrived here having already has the usual 5.5k 😢

The marketing gets to them first and we generally deal with the aftermath 

It's called 'selective bias'. They see what they want to see. There is plenty of negative feedback on these clinics if they choose to be objective.

I appreciate some of the well-established members who have had bad experiences in the past but would those same members have made their mistakes in 2022 when there is so much information available at the press of a few buttons?

This is no way diminishes tireless help given to people who find this site and get great advice or the visceral pain felt by recipients of a poor HT. I only wish more people would turn off their social media feeds and type   'hair transplant forum' *   in their search engine before committing to these clinics.

* btw HRN is 3rd in a google search.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AA1989 said:

It's called 'selective bias'. They see what they want to see. There is plenty of negative feedback on these clinics if they choose to be objective.

I appreciate some of the well-established members who have had bad experiences in the past but would those same members have made their mistakes in 2022 when there is so much information available at the press of a few buttons?

This is no way diminishes tireless help given to people who find this site and get great advice or the visceral pain felt by recipients of a poor HT. I only wish more people would turn off their social media feeds and type   'hair transplant forum' *   in their search engine before committing to these clinics.

* btw HRN is 3rd in a google search.

Yeh that’s the issue though, it’s the social media feeds that are so strong. People seemed to be wowed by them, rather than come on what really these days is a antiquated forum. Marketing is so powerful. Yes people are taken in by it unfortunately. As well as all the other type of reviews that are common place. 
It’s when they start typing “repair” “mistake” etc they arrive here. Or to be fair some Reddit users will send them here also. When I was searching originally (13- years ago) I just didn’t know who to trust for info. FF to 2022 and we are now cumbersome compared to some of the other social outlets. Besides, even when they do arrive here they won’t take our advice. 
Sometimes I have had given a lot of advice here and PM and still they will go off to a mill… 😞 Only a while ago someone did just that and then came back asking about a repair… we can but try…. 

Edited by JC71
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, JC71 said:

Besides, even when they do arrive here they won’t take our advice. 
Sometimes I have had given a lot of advice here and PM and still they will go off to a mill… 😞 Only a while ago someone did just that and then came back asking about a repair… we can but try…. 

That's quite shocking. It must be a combination of slick marketing and cheap prices. I know these clinics come in for stick and rightly so but when price is a the forefront of people's mind, it becomes a race to bottom.

Just now, AA1989 said:

That's quite shocking. It must be a combination of slick marketing and cheap prices. I know these clinics come in for stick and rightly so but when price is a the forefront of people's mind, it becomes a race to bottom.

Yeh it’s exactly that, clever/manipulation of the market and definitely the cost. People are hooked in and then become brainwashed in to believing the hype… show someone some “amazing” results and boom job done… what could go wrong 😑 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

It really is sad because I feel quite strongly in preventing what happened to me from ever happening to someone else in my shoes at a very young age. I often wonder if I was 18 today and began balding would I make the same mistake as I did then? It may sound biased but I don't believe I would. Today with forums such as this, access to information and actual pictures of what can go wrong (plus with medical therapy) I don't believe I would make the same mistake as I can discuss my balding fears with like minded people. Yet despite of all the educational and medical advances today, social media plays such a powerful and misleading role, that I think it is harder today in many ways than in my time to make a clear decision. Another thing as I have matured over the years is understanding how marketing targets guys and girls who's brains have not fully hardwired. The frontal lobe doesn't fully develop and mature until the early 20's. This is why we see so many young people make impulsive decisions. We see it on the forum and I see it in my work with quadriplegics. Young men who do crazy things (to us older folk) that end up with them diving into the shallows only to break their neck, etc. Most of the men I have worked with had their injury at 18-21.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

It really is sad because I feel quite strongly in preventing what happened to me from ever happening to someone else in my shoes at a very young age. I often wonder if I was 18 today and began balding would I make the same mistake as I did then? It may sound biased but I don't believe I would. Today with forums such as this, access to information and actual pictures of what can go wrong (plus with medical therapy) I don't believe I would make the same mistake as I can discuss my balding fears with like minded people. Yet despite of all the educational and medical advances today, social media plays such a powerful and misleading role, that I think it is harder today in many ways than in my time to make a clear decision. Another thing as I have matured over the years is understanding how marketing targets guys and girls who's brains have not fully hardwired. The frontal lobe doesn't fully develop and mature until the early 20's. This is why we see so many young people make impulsive decisions. We see it on the forum and I see it in my work with quadriplegics. Young men who do crazy things (to us older folk) that end up with them diving into the shallows only to break their neck, etc. Most of the men I have worked with had their injury at 18-21.

Yup it’s the younger guys that usually act more impulsively and most certainly not want to wait months/year to even get a ht. We are living in “Now” society. And cost will certainly be a issue for some, not everyone wants to save or spend more. 

• Like 2

Here is what happens if you type in “Best Hair Transplant in Turkey” in to Google.. it’s just ridiculous… 

DrT Hair Transplant Clinic

Vera Clinic

Top Clinic

EsteNove

Dr. Serkan Aygin Clinic

Clinicana

Smile Hair Clinic

ASMED Surgical Medical Center

ClinMedica

CosMedica

*** Real world nobody would suggest any of them ***

Edited by JC71
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I have booked myself in for a hair transplant with Asli Tarcan in July, paid the plane tickets and deposit already. My friend at work convinced me, he had a transplant a few years ago and it looks good. But after reading all the horrendous stories on here I’m now starting to regret my choice of clinic… thinking I should cancel and go for FueCapilar instead… 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Nilsen said:

I have booked myself in for a hair transplant with Asli Tarcan in July, paid the plane tickets and deposit already. My friend at work convinced me, he had a transplant a few years ago and it looks good. But after reading all the horrendous stories on here I’m now starting to regret my choice of clinic… thinking I should cancel and go for FueCapilar instead… 

Definitely cancel ! If you lose your deposit it’s still worth it to save your scalp. You can replace your money, but the damage to your scalp ? Nope..

They will do 5500 grafts and pretty much decimate your donor area. We have 2 threads just In the last couple of weeks where it’s been pretty much the same story, over harvesting and regrets. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mr Nilsen said:

Please could you start your own thread ? We can help you in choosing a better clinic which would suit your particular needs.

Edited by JC71

Thank you @JC71! I will definitely cancel my surgery with Asli Tarcan after reading that. I just need to tell them that I’m not coming I guess? I haven’t signed any contract or anything so I don’t think it should be a problem. Now I just need to re-start my research … 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mr Nilsen said:

Thank you @JC71! I will definitely cancel my surgery with Asli Tarcan after reading that. I just need to tell them that I’m not coming I guess? I haven’t signed any contract or anything so I don’t think it should be a problem. Now I just need to re-start my research … 

Yes just cancel, and don’t let them try and convince you to keep your booking ! You can do so much better than choosing a tech team with very poor results.. you have saved your scalp 🙏

• Thanks 1

I’m not sure how to start a thread @JC71… I’m not the most technical person… lol. But I probably need some help in choosing another hair transplant surgeon now… I noticed that Fuecapilar was recommended? I’m a white dude from Norway, but I live in London, so Turkey is not too far from me. I could of course look for one here in London, but it’s just so much more expensive! And there’s no point going for a hair transplant unless it will give me sufficient enough cover…(I had a hair transplant in 2008, 1600 grafts, but it’s just not enough..so I also had a micro-pigmentation done to make it look thicker.) Any help and advise would be much appreciated!