Hello, 

I am a 26 year old healthy male thinking about getting another hair transplant. I did a FUT back in 2017 (2,000 grafts) and an FUE about 16 months ago (2,000 grafts) from the same doctor in the Seattle area - also did SMP last year to help.

Although I have seen some great growth, I still don’t have the desired density I am seeing from others. I am also starting to thin on my crown and want to address it outside of continuing to take finasteride.

What are your thoughts on possibly getting another Transplant? I would want to do an FUE and most likely in Turkey this time for financial purposes. My biggest concerns are my donor area, the grafts I can still get without worrying about over harvesting. 

Appreciate any thoughts and feedback

82C38745-F030-4D59-A746-1D77D1BA3825.png

BA6F0886-0504-4178-B4D0-7840666FAFAA.png

A1C37BF8-24CC-4BBD-A731-B2AC5AE13507.png

1E037DBA-47B2-474E-9A8C-56F2F26408CF.png

• Valued Contributor

You had your first hair transplant at 21! Then you had a second surgery? Can I ask who performed these (especially the first surgery)? DO NOT HAVE ANOTHER SURGERY. Not at this point anyway. You have aggressive MPB. Your best bet is to speak with your doctor about continuing to take finasteride. I can promise you now that if you go to Turkey and have a third surgery at 26 you won't have a donor. I am saying this from my own experience. Trust me! In many ways I feel the best option is to shave your head and have SMP. But at least give finasteride more of a chance unless you are experiencing side effects. You really need to do a lot more research and I'm glad you have posted on this forum with your current situation. Please keep asking more questions and I know that others will chime in as well. All the best!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good advice by @Gatsby. You need to be very careful here. Please don’t consider Turkey on the basis of it being cheaper. Was the clinic you chose previously a chain type ? Bosley ? With 4K worth of grafts already used then it’s vital you plan very carefully for any future procedures.

Eugenix would be someone to consider, they excel in the higher Norwood levels. And have a price tier making it really affordable whilst still keeping up the quality.

Edited by JC71
  • Like 1

You've already used 4k grafts. Not sure how your donor looks, but you are still very young and your hair loss is incredibly aggressive. Going to Turkey to save cost is a huge mistake. You need an elite doctor who can get more out of less. 

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor

To add to the excellent advice already given, it might be helpful if you could post pictures before each surgery and after each surgery that you've already had so that we can see how successful those transplants were. To have as much hair loss as you currently have after TWO HT's already and only at 26 does create some very real challenges that certainly won't be adequately addressed by choosing a cheap option in Turkey.

• Like 2

Your future self is going to regret it heavily. For now get on finasteride to stabilize hairloss and start using minoxidil concurrently to help with regrowth for at least a year before you start to seriously reconsider another transplant.