Hello everyone, My name is Matt and i am new to this forum.
I've been losing hair for 4 years and i decided to go something about it, so i decided to go to turkey in order to do the surgery, however I literally have no idea about this industry. I made some research online but i was hoping to get some valuable feedback from the people that are quite involved in Hair Transplant. So, i got few questions and i hope that you would help me out understand those points.
I am interested in FUE technology for the surgery
1) What's the most important step of the surgery (incisions, extraction, or implementation) ?
Because as i contact several clinic each one of them provide a different package. Some of them mentioned that the doctor would do the incision and the transplant while others mentioned other packages. So i want to know which is important and should be preformed by the doctor ?
2) Which one is more efficient Micro motor FUE or Manual FUE ? And which one does the minimum amount of recognisable scars
3) I contacted several doctors in turkey and would really appreciate it if you can provide me with some review or feedback on the ones that you know or had a previous experience with.
A) Dr Aslan Musbeh which suggested 2800-3300 grafts.
B) Dr Erkan Demisoy which suggested 3500-4000 grafts.
C) Dr Tayfun Oguzoglu which sounded really impressive and knowledgeable which suggested 3600 grafts.
D) Dr Resul Yaman which also sounded impressive with the tool that he invented which suggested 3700 grafts.
E) Dr Ali Karadeniz which suggested 5000 grafts however he would only be doing the incision only and supervising the rest.
4) What should i consider when picking one of the well reputed doctors that are mentioned above ?
Lastly, Appreciate you reading this thread and providing the help
I am new to this forum, and having a hard time to decide which surgeon should I go to for FUE hair surgery in Pakistan as there are so many with different claims and prices, every one says he's the best surgeon in Pakistan. I just don't want to put my head in the wrong hands also I am not that rich to go for a second round if anything goes wrong. I am saving money right now and need guidance as it is a big step for me.
I also don't know anybody from Pakistan who has any personal surgery experience
"where to find them?" I have read alot about Dr. Humayun Mohmand but I think he doesn't even meet his clients and there are other people who take the clients through the procedures and do the surgery I am not satisfied with that.
I have been googling alot and came here I need experts advice and recommendation. I don't know much about the procedures just the basics about FUE and FUT, but I am having some doubts and confusions after reading people saying that they lost their hair after few months or their hair didn't grow as they should etc...
Thanks in Advance.
I have a receding hairline. I have 2 bald areas in the front (just above the forehead).
I am planning to take hair transplant surgery in 1 yr. Until then I plan on using a hair wig to cover the baldness in those areas.
The wig will be attached to my skin with adhesive or tape.
I will have to apply adhesive or tape on the skin where the transplant will be performed in the future. It will stay there for many hrs until I wash it at night(and again apply next morning)
(applying adhesive looks like this:
Will this "SEAL OFF"/"CLOG" the pores through which hair may grow in future/somehow make that area of scalp "UNHEALTHY" and thereby reduce success of hair transplantation in that area, in the future?
Or is the hair transplantation preocedure completely unrelated to this and will not be affected by busing adhesive/tape on the scalp?
I am planning on having an FUE transplant with either Dr. Rahal (Canada) or Dr. Shapiro (Minnesota). I have been most impressed with Rahal's results based on photos, but Shapiro seems like a natural choice since I am from MN and could stay at my parents' house during recovery. I would love to hear your thoughts or recommendations to help me choose.
I am new here and I am considering hair transplant. Hair loss has been hereditary in my case. Hairloss started 5 years ago and I think it has stopped in the last 1.5 years.
I have attached my photos.
From past week, I have been researching to find the right doctor and also reading pateint case studies and the various procedures available.
I am considering anyone of the below doctors.
1. Dr. James A Harris (phone consultation tomorrow).
2. Dr. Shapiro (filled out online form and uploaded photos today. Waiting to hear back)
3. Dr. True and Dorin ((filled out online form and uploaded photos today. Waiting to hear back)
4. Dr. Glenn M Charles (emailed them pictures today and waiting to hear back)
5. Dr. Umar (filled out the online form today and uploaded pics. waiting to hear back)
6. Dr. Feller (contacted his office today and sent him pictures. I got a reply and I am planning on visiting him in new york)
7. Dr. Gabel (contacted him today and sent him my pictures. I am waiting to hear back).
This website has been so useful to me and thought I should share my total experience from the beginning and keep you all updated, so other future patients can benefit from it.
Now coming to some questions I have.
1. What do you think about my hairloss? Is it too late to have surgery. I am inclined towards FUE. but I am open to take recomendation from the right doctor.
2. what do you all think about the doctor's mentioned above? Is there anybody I should stay away from :-)
3. Since I live in TN, it's tough to visit every doctor in person. What are some of the questions that I need to ask the doctor in a phone consultation?
that will do it for now. Thanks in advance for your reply.