Hello everyone,

I just recently got a hair transplant at Dr. Yaman’s clinic and would love to share my results with the community.

My goal is to restore my hairline and make the left and right side of my hair more dense. My hair at the top now has gotten very weak and not as strong as before. I use to be able to style it the way I wanted but now am not able to because the hair just seems so weak.

I am a bit busy at the moment and will provide more information about my experience and more specifics about my hair loss information. I just wanted to get the post rollin and will be sure to update you all very soon.

Thank you for your patience!

Before:

1E1B06EF-3DB8-417A-957F-69DA46DB8E86.jpeg

5220C6D4-66F4-4CAC-8B12-AAB34171B2C5.png

4845826F-153F-474E-BBC0-DEB856E7F726.jpeg

DE4EE27A-8E5E-41AE-A011-5353B5F75261.jpeg

After 1 Week:

note: should I be concerned of how scabby and dark my hairline is? I received more density there but I’m worried that it’s not normal because I haven’t seen other results looking like this.

5814DEA4-B115-4981-92A6-55B8BAD3255B.jpeg

B59DA76F-08A7-4B86-A296-8DCEDC79AC72.jpeg

59E7037D-D58C-43AC-8A4B-B3F431BD31A9.jpeg

67D59012-E4B4-43A0-8822-76A63360BBAD.jpeg

BF858E2E-7D24-4C56-B1D5-6E6A3A845C8C.jpeg

Edited by DG23

16 hours ago, JoeMan said:

Is it just me or does this seem like a lot of grafts for this case? 

Was to top diffuse and required the sprinkling of grafts throughout? 

Although I still had hair on the top Dr. Yaman took a look at it with his device and said that I would eventually lose all the hair on the top, he recommended getting more grafts past my hairline which was the original plan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, JoeMan said:

On Feb 23rd you said it was day 14? I'm assuming this is a typo? 

the pictures from the 21st day, I was just late to post it. My bad for the typo.

Edited by DG23

1 month update:

it looks like I have entered the shedding phase as I’ve lost hair on my recipient and donor area. Is it normal to also shed in the donor area?

unfortunately it looks like I’ve picked up a big scar on the back of my head as well.

How does everything look guys?

Currently using:

- finasteride

- minoxidil

- biotin

- saw palmetto

- ketoconazole shampoo

4A61C6FA-3E05-4C45-9BCA-273F7391DFAA.jpeg

672958A4-454A-44E5-87DF-BA100DF82D3D.jpeg

B7A0C4A0-030D-469D-B2C4-5888D3D3E99B.jpeg

8E9600FD-65AC-4839-AB84-DFC2BB51A778.jpeg

02542FB1-DBF1-4124-81AB-E07F0FB1F541.jpeg

E597717F-C898-40CA-A5BB-E1BA6CA2D6A3.jpeg

2 hours ago, DG23 said:

1 month update:

it looks like I have entered the shedding phase as I’ve lost hair on my recipient and donor area. Is it normal to also shed in the donor area?

unfortunately it looks like I’ve picked up a big scar on the back of my head as well.

How does everything look guys?

Currently using:

- finasteride

- minoxidil

- biotin

- saw palmetto

- ketoconazole shampoo

4A61C6FA-3E05-4C45-9BCA-273F7391DFAA.jpeg

672958A4-454A-44E5-87DF-BA100DF82D3D.jpeg

B7A0C4A0-030D-469D-B2C4-5888D3D3E99B.jpeg

8E9600FD-65AC-4839-AB84-DFC2BB51A778.jpeg

02542FB1-DBF1-4124-81AB-E07F0FB1F541.jpeg

E597717F-C898-40CA-A5BB-E1BA6CA2D6A3.jpeg

It might be shock loss, you will see after about 6 months. 

You got to understand that 4450 grafts is a HUGE number, no one who is serious is doing that in 1 day. You see even FueCapilar is splitting a procedure like this, and they are a low cost clinic. 

I had some shock loss, almost everything came back now after 6 months, just slight overharvesting in the topper part of my donor.

Everything else look normal, it will be some painful months now with ugly duckling phase. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Experience:

Overall experience was alright. Isan was our translator and he made our lives much easier, getting us where we needed to be at all times. He made us feel very comfortable and answered the questions we had. Dr. Yaman is a really nice guy, is very friendly, and cares about his patients.

Dr. Yaman performed the incisions, and two female technicians performed the extractions which was very uncomfortable just because of the position I had to have my body in. The implantation phase was then performed by two technicians and was painless.

The one thing that was really stressful for me for the procedure was that during the implantation phase they put me on oxygen and most of the staff came into the room to take a look at me. I asked if anything was wrong and I was told everything was okay. I was still on oxygen for the next 30 minutes and was very confused as to why.

When we returned to the clinic the next day post-operation, I saw Dr. Yaman and he was waiting outside for me. When he saw me he looked very relieved and I was confused as to why. He said he was worried about my result and after seeing my head the next day, was relieved and said everything was fine.

He said just to be safe, he would be sending to get a session of hyperbaric oxygen chamber treatment which he payed for. At this point I was really confused and was wondering what they thought was wrong in the first place and I did ask on multiple occasions but did not get a proper response.

I was informed that everything was fine but still, knowing my results would have been possibly negatively affected bothered me.

After another day I finally got an explanation as to why they were initially concerned with my result. I was informed that with the colour of my recipient area for my hairline during the procedure day, the area looked like it lacked blood oxygen and that the skin there was dead. Moreover, that it would possibly result in a patchy, less dense result in the hairline area. I asked why this could possibly happen and they said that it was really rare.

This stressed me out so I payed for an additional 3 treatments with the hyberbaric oxygen chamber just to minimize any negative results if they were to be possibly presented. Again, Dr. Yaman looked very relieved the day after the procedure once he examined my head, so I’m hoping his assessment was accurate.

Another thing I didn’t like was that I asked to have Dr. Yaman tell me a how many grafts I had left to use following the procedure, and have that amount printed in writing. I had to ask a few times to get an answer and it wasn’t written in writing, I was just told by the translator that I had 3000 grafts left to use. I would have been more comfortable if Dr. Yaman came and examined my head, telling me from his own words how many grafts I had left.

All being said, Dr. Yaman is a very nice guy and Isan was a very good translator that made us feel very comfortable travelling in a country where English is not commonly used. If Isan is taking care of you for your operation with Dr. Yaman just know that you are in good hands. However, I wish they were more direct with me regarding there concern over the blood oxygen of my newly transplanted area so I didn’t have to stress about what was possibly wrong after a few days. 

hi, thanks for your posts.

I'm also considering yaman.
May i know why you have decided on yaman among the many others that are recommended?
Are you happy with the results? Would you have gone back to him if given another chance to redo things?

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/11/2022 at 1:27 AM, songbo said:

hi, thanks for your posts.

I'm also considering yaman.
May i know why you have decided on yaman among the many others that are recommended?
Are you happy with the results? Would you have gone back to him if given another chance to redo things?

Hi, I chose dr yaman because he was recommended by this forum and also because this forum certified him. So far it’s only been 3 months so I can’t really say if I’m happy with the result because it has been to early. If given the chance to go back to redo things I would probably not go back

3 month update:

Hairline from the the left side is very thin whereas the right side of the hairline seems to be growing. I’m concerned that maybe this is what Dr. Yaman was concerned about when he initially saw my results, that I might have a patchy less dense hairline.

Also I can’t tell if my hair is either patchy or that is scarring that can be seen at the sides and at the back of my head. What is your input guys?

F1157E8A-06A0-4801-A521-06ADE59CC7F7.jpeg

F22F5FB0-DF3D-4756-AEF6-F13700B7BFA2.jpeg

3F3A468F-7AC0-40A9-AB89-63A50FCA8399.jpeg

6A47810C-20CE-4342-A9AE-72A3BCBD0E98.jpeg

D75C81A8-132B-45FF-86B8-3CA72CC8617C.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

It's extremely early to draw conclusions man. Wear a hat and check back on Month 6. I know that the temptation to constantly look and compare is great, but honestly, you will end up driving yourself crazy. Wait until month six at the EARLIEST to begin forming an opinion. 

• Thanks 1

keep us updated, im considering using Yaman, mainly down to price and he seems the best of a bad bunch haha. Its either him or Dr Gur at FUECAPILAR, although not had a price back from him yet