Histogen

jackisback1

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A quick google searched brought me to this http://www.histogeninc.com/aboutus/news_events.htm

It is quite encouraging as they appear to be near completion of their phase one test on a human. I am not sure if this process involves wouding the skin as previous applications of WNT proteins have, but they make no mention of that on the site.

• 5 months later...
Originally posted by brentipold:

2015 is still pretty far off.

2015 is for U.S. market my friend, FDA is your main reason why you will not have it sooner. Other countries don??t have restrictions as U.S. does and they will enjoy the cure sooner so that if that means traveling it is fine by me. Dakota it is 5 years 4 months to go. icon_smile.gif Aderans phase II should be over by the end of 2009 so we should hear about them too, they are pumping some serious money into their project. Let??s keep our fingers crossed.

Anyone else think, even if the technology breaks through and something that regrows new hair comes along, it will be ridiculously expensive and only a select few will be able to get it done? =P

At any rate, I'm very excited to see the progression of Histogen... this is pretty cool news.

Originally posted by KeepingWhatIHave:

Anyone else think, even if the technology breaks through and something that regrows new hair comes along, it will be ridiculously expensive and only a select few will be able to get it done? =P

At any rate, I'm very excited to see the progression of Histogen... this is pretty cool news.

Talk was about that and the biggest price was said $10.000 a head from Aderans HM, and that is not yet defined. Sure it will be expensive but it will be affordable for the most. Real business is made selling it to the wider population not just the rich ones. What matters the most is hope that this really expensive, primitive and noneffective approach that we have now will perish away sooner than later.

Oh wow... I could gladly part with 10k for a full head of hair... I know someone who's spent 20k on a bad HT.

Please, let this get passed soon!

I am 1000% absolutely sure that in 10 years tops we will have solutions that will change our lives. I know that pessimism is present and that is being spread by dishonest HT and "snake oil" salesmen, soon they will all be out on the street where they belong and they know it so they are trying to make a last push for their products.

Sorry to put a dampener on things, but how often have we heard that stem cell research, gene therpay, and similar are going to cure cancer/heart disease/parkinson's/our inability to fly/and now hair loss?

I really hope that there's something around the corner, but there are always more hurdles in the way of these new technologies than we can foresee.

To be fair, real breakthroughs with stem-cells for curing things like Parkinson's only appeared a few years ago, though people have apparently been saying "There's a cure for this and that right around the corner." for years... I think someone here said they heard that there was a cure for baldness coming soon in the 70's? Unless they were talking about Rogaine, they were way off... This hair cloning/new follicle formation science is the first we're actually seeing of "progress" for a cure, and there are actually a few pictures demonstrating early results... which is plenty of tiny hairs from a bald/near bald scalp. Saying it'll be out in a few years - and having that be true, would pretty much be a blessing for most people in the world, but realistically, I think they're on the right track with this, and we can see something within a decade or two...

Also, sorry for the long post =P

you know, this just shows that it is gaining research attention and $$$.

with everything, it comes to $$$.

like putting a man on the moon, it wont happen unless it becomes a priority, and first the money has to be there.

It is like the search for a new energy source. People say the moon has tons of helium 3 which can be used for almost unlimited energy in the future. However, the interest in being a part of a project that will bring us to the moon again, in order to carry out collecting the stuff, is low among new young students at universities in NA. The money is not there yet. When it is, they will come.

Hopefully, at the very least, these types of research will come up with better, effective treatments that can improve our chances along with current treatments (implants). If the research is not started, they wont get anywhere. Years ago, companies and scientists laughed at the marketability of a drug that lowers cholestoral and blood pressure. Now it is one of the most prescribed and used drugs in the world. I dont compare curing baldness to curing cancer. Given the choice, I would take the cure for cancer, as you and I have a good chance of having some sort of it in our lifetimes. Cancer treatments have come a long way. People dont automatically turn into dead man walking when diagnosed with cancer, it is not like it used to be. It is still a horrible disease, but early detection, drugs and better knowledge of it have allowed us to come a long way. In a few years, this will be just like laser surgery for eyes. It may not be a cure to blindness, but it pretty much rids you of the need for glasses and contacts....I dont think anyone would have thought that to be possible at one point. Now that method is being applied to more serious eyesight issues, including types of blindness.

If we can pretty much cure some types of blindness and or serious eye issues, I would say it is quite possible for the baldness thing to work out eventually. Like another said, they will want to market it to the masses, just like laser eye surgery. Not everyone needs glasses, but a good number of the ones who do at least have it as an option.

Also, I know many think that this is light years away because we have not found a cure for cancer yet. So how can we find a cure for baldness. Simple. Cancer is a much more complex thing. There are so many types, so many causes, many of which are still not quite understood. Personally, I think the 'cure' to cancer starts with prevention, just like other ailments like diabetes and heart disease. When you are smoking a pack a day, and shoving big macs down your throat, dont cry to me when you get lung cancer or heart disease.

We will have a cure, at the very least a decent treatment of this type within 10-15 years.

Well more and more scientists in the world are trying to cure baldness because that project will bring tons of money needed maybe for some other projects, it is not USA only who is developing baldness treatments, many more companies in the world are working on it too. Every year more and more baldness genes are found and that means that one day we will have an absolute cure for baldness called gene therapy. Today modern science is going faster than ever, we have the equipment that is far more advanced than anything else before. I think that that Histogen wnt treatment will be a good solution but Follica or Aderans will make a home-run. I know that some were talking about baldness cure before but no one actually did some good research with human trials like they do now. Who works makes mistakes and eventually they will find a solution. Personally I think that we will see a good treatment before a full decade. Good baldness treatment is a golden mine and there is a real "cold war" going on between research companies.

Yes, there are tons of companies trying to cure it, but it seems only a few are on the right track.

And how does Histogen differ from Follica and Aderans? They look to be pretty much the same thing upon reading some articles. Either way, I hope their trials are going well... they can already grow some hair on bare scalp, it's just a matter of time before they can make some adjustments, fix some small problems, have successful trials and make this available.

Fingers, legs and eyes crossed!

Yes, there are tons of companies trying to cure it, but it seems only a few are on the right track.

And how does Histogen differ from Follica and Aderans? They look to be pretty much the same thing upon reading some articles. Either way, I hope their trials are going well... they can already grow some hair on bare scalp, it's just a matter of time before they can make some adjustments, fix some small problems, have successful trials and make this available.

Fingers, legs and eyes crossed!

Like I have said, who works makes mistakes. Mistakes are good because everybody are learning from it and chances for a successful treatment are greater and greater. No one didn??t do anything like this before and that??s why we shall see the treatment.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...