Dr. Bisanga - INSIDE THE OP ROOM - How Many Grafts to Rebuild a Hairline?

There is a still a lot of mis-understanding when it comes to hair transplantation and in particular hair line design and how many grafts are needed.

For some it is just Y=MC2 and a simple equation is all you need! This is okay for putting eggs in a tray that are all the same shape and size and just a matter of pure math.
For a hair transplant however, it is not so simple in terms of dividing an area by a static density to get the total needed.

There are intricate details and protocols to keep to and far more than graft totals/area to get the amount placed as this video will graphically show. Like all things, there are levels in life and this is true in hair transplantation, so if your clinic doesn't understand these basics then don't expect a good outcome and be cautious of sales tactics to the contrary.

In this particular case, you can see that roughly the first 3mm of hairline alone, requires 446 grafts.

Edited by Raphael84
  • Like 1

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• Administrators

Excellent video 👍🏼👏🏼

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Great video from Dr.B....real eye opener...Plenty of so called experts out there who never really spent a day in an op-room and videos like this take you beyond the veil...really glad it is helpful..we hope to produce many more...stay tuned..

• Like 1

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Dr Bisanga has some great educational material on the YouTube channel and i've been fortunate enough to be soaking it all in. 

I definitely used to consider the way a transplant to be like in OP about density in a square CM but the videos from Dr Bisanga etc. have really been eye opening to understanding the role of hair calibre and ultimately in helping to shape the illusion of density all hair transplants really offer.

I do hope that we can get some miracle break through to get unlimited donor grafts that are DHT resistant and i want to see how Dr Bisanga etc. can transform the hair restoration beyond just an illusion of density and return to true density. Perhaps setting the ultimate standard for all others to follow. 

• Like 2