44 minutes ago, SadMan2021 said:

they probably take it for granted too lol

They do lol all of them use horrible shampoos, style their hair daily, and I’ve even heard them say “I wish my hair wasn’t so thick” like what lol I wish my hair wasn’t so thin geez. It also doesn’t help they make fun of people balding.

Edited by Baldingat22

Baldingat22,

it can be very frustrating when you feel like you’re the only one out of all of your friends or even family that’s losing hair. I know when I started balding in my early 20s, my closest friends had a full head of hair that I envied. They didn’t seem to have the problem I was having. I started losing hair in the crown and it started to get thinner and thinner and then my hairline started to recede.  Meanwhile, my closest friends had no issues.

At the end of the day, some people are just blessed with good genes while others have to deal with various issues. Hair loss is one that we all share in common on this forum.

Thankfully, today there is something we can do about it.  There’s not a cure for hair loss but hair transplant surgery can restore a significant amount of hair to the thinning / bald areas and look completely natural in the hands of an excellent surgeon.

Rahal Hair Transplant

• Like 2

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

1 hour ago, Baldingat22 said:

It also doesn’t help they make fun of people balding.

That’s terrible. If they are really your friends, I suggest letting them know how that makes you feel and if they actually have the audacity to make fun of you or make you feel bad, I agree with the poster above… get new friends.

Rahal Hair Transplant

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

I’ve had to sport a combover since my late teens and it really impacted my social life and life in general. I always avoided situations where I couldn’t wear a hat or if it’d be weird to wear a hat for too long. There were even times where I would meet women with a hat on, take them on a date not wearing a hat, and I could see their eyes move up to my forehead with an inquisitive look and even a look of disgust.

At the end of the day though, there are way worse things in the world to deal with than hair loss. There are people who are born with or develop rare deformities/diseases that are untreatable. Nowadays, a good transplant may set you back five figures but at least there is that option.

Edited by AlexMeister21
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Baldingat22 said:

Why weren’t we blessed with good hair genes…. All my buddies have amazing hair and hairlines and it just frustrates me.

its not THAT big a deal dude....i am guessing you are 22 ? yeah that is young to go bald but here is the question, what are you doing about it? have you started meds or scheduled a consult and getting ready for a transplant ? no reason to be upset and salty just do something about it. good luck.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone. Yes I currently take 1mg fin for the last year. Use to do rogaine but it irrated my scalp. I’m thinking of oral minox. I have reached out to many surgeons but they all say 22 is way to young which I respect their honesty. I just wanted to vent to people that understood.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Baldingat22 said:

Thank you everyone. Yes I currently take 1mg fin for the last year. Use to do rogaine but it irrated my scalp. I’m thinking of oral minox. I have reached out to many surgeons but they all say 22 is way to young which I respect their honesty. I just wanted to vent to people that understood.

yes , thats good that you understand what they are saying....try at 27-30 

• Like 1

I think unfortunately a lot of people take their late teens/early 20s for granted and they don't really relate to some issues.

However as mentioned if they're proper friends, then having a frank "That's not cool" should be fine but best to find new friends if they can't respect. 

Don't get me wrong, at the same time we do need to also realise that jokes are generally made of a lot of things and as long as the people aren't malicious it shouldn't be a difficult thing to work through. 

It sucks, it does. Even though right now i'm happy enough with how i can manage to style my hair, when i was in my late teens and early 20s, temple points completely receded, it hit me too. I didn't really mention it but it does suck. 

The best thing to do is take medication, save up and try when possible get a good clinic to have a transplant from when you are older and controlled your hair loss. 

Hair means a lot when we focus on it, but it's not the only thing of value in your life. Life is so much more. 

• Like 1