When did growth start ?

General transplant conversation. When did your noticeable or acceptable growth start? Just starting a topic . Feel free to drop a before picture and a picture when you started to notice Growth. Some say 4 months some say 6 . Some say a year. What’s your opinion? 

You complete the ugly duckling phase around month 3.  Growth begins around month 4.  Months 5 and 6 it starts to fill in.  Months 7-12 the hairs mature along with additional growth.  Month 13 you get another transplant.

• Haha 5

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

9 minutes ago, aaron1234 said:

You complete the ugly duckling phase around month 3.  Growth begins around month 4.  Months 5 and 6 it starts to fill in.  Months 7-12 the hairs mature along with additional growth.  Month 13 you get another transplant.

Why do you say get another transplant ?

I’ve had a total of four FUT hair transplants over a period of five years. I found that I started experiencing growth between 10 and 12 weeks but it was minimal. Typically by 4 to 5 months I saw pretty significant/substantial growth.  Growth was delayed a little longer for the latter hair transplants which is also typical.   This is why I always tell people that new hair transplant growth typically starts between 3 to 5 months. Everybody is clearly different and there are always those early and late bloomers.  But it takes up to 12 to 18 months to fully grow and mature. But the above is my personal experience.

Best wishes, 

Rahal Hair Transplant

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.