Do I have retrograde alopecia and has fin helped?

I have for the past 6-7 years always had a very short haircut, often buzzed to nr 0-2. But since I'm having a HT soon the doctor told me to not buzz down for 3 months before HT. Now when my hair is a bit longer, I noticed that the hair on the nape sides is thin. I cannot remember if it were always like that, do I have retrograde alopecia and will it affect my HT result? 

And btw, I have been on finasteride for about 5 months. Picture 3 is taken on late summer and pic 4 is about 2 weeks ago. Can someone tell by those pictures if fin has helped me grow out more hair? I cannot buzz down to the same length as the summer picture because as previously mentioned the Dr dont want me to.

20211224_135947.jpg

20211226_014501.jpg

20210801_152940.jpg

20211224_135820.jpg

Based on the photos I don’t see any signs of retrograde alopecia.  Also, if that last photo is taken later such as several months after the previous ones were taken and after using medication, It’s also possible that the finasteride is helping.  You mentioned possibly undergoing hair transplant surgery.  Have you decided on a surgeon?  I suggest consulting a few leading surgeons  and coming up with a long-term strategy to help you meet your goals.

best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant. 

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant
  • Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

6 hours ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

Based on the photos I don’t see any signs of retrograde alopecia.  Also, if that last photo is taken later such as several months after the previous ones were taken and after using medication, It’s also possible that the finasteride is helping.  You mentioned possibly undergoing hair transplant surgery.  Have you decided on a surgeon?  I suggest consulting a few leading surgeons  and coming up with a long-term strategy to help you meet your goals.

best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant. 

Yea the last picture is about 4-5 months after I started finasteride. Its been really hard for me to decide if finasteride is helping or not because I have pretty thick hair diameter and thought that Its only because of that the bald areas seems to be having "more" hair, but sometimes it seems to be really thicker overall (i.e more hair also). I have booked HT with Dr Bruno Pinto in a couple of weeks, he is not so known overall but very popular in spanish/portugish forums as he is also portugish and shown tremendous results, which is convenient for me because Its not that far away for me.