Have I been over harvested FUE?

Hello,

I had a 3600 graft FUE hair transplant 3 weeks ago, I am worried i have been over harvested and donor area will stand out and look thin.

I have attached pictures from before transplant, 2 days after and current at 3 weeks post.

I am considering SMP in donor area to increase density appearance.

Advice is greatly appreciated.

IMG_20211212_000152.jpg

Snapchat-1562472926.jpg

IMG_20211127_203213__01.jpg

Snapchat-2084542656.jpg

IMG_20211212_000337.jpg

Snapchat-666941080__01.jpg

• Administrators

3 weeks is too soon. It may be shock loss.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

42 minutes ago, Fb20 said:

Hello,

I had a 3600 graft FUE hair transplant 3 weeks ago, I am worried i have been over harvested and donor area will stand out and look thin.

I have attached pictures from before transplant, 2 days after and current at 3 weeks post.

I am considering SMP in donor area to increase density appearance.

Advice is greatly appreciated.

IMG_20211212_000152.jpg

Snapchat-1562472926.jpg

IMG_20211127_203213__01.jpg

Snapchat-2084542656.jpg

IMG_20211212_000337.jpg

Snapchat-666941080__01.jpg

You look to have had one or more haircuts during these 3 weeks?

You will not be able to skin fade anyways as you almost done here after a FUE transplant.

• Moderators

It looks like there may still be a bit of pinkish in it that is making it look worse. You could have some shock loss as well. It actually looks pretty good for 3 weeks. Give it more time.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Fb20,

I know you are concerned however, three weeks after hair transplant is far too early to evaluate any part of your procedure, including the donor area which still needs time to heal. As another pointed out, the fact that there is some pinkness is going to make it look a little worse than it is but that’s going to fade in time.  In my opinion, give it a couple of months to heal and grow in the hair on the sides and back of your scalp at least a little bit before drawing any conclusions.

Rahal Hair Transplant

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

• Valued Contributor
4 hours ago, Fb20 said:

Thanks for the advice everyone. I will give it a bit more time and assess my situation from there. Hopefully i do have some shock loss atm and it will thicken.

Merry Christmas.

Apart from being too early to judge, you're not going to get away with your hair quite that short without showing a few signs of depletion in the donor area. You'll have to play around with lengths/grades to see how short you can go before you start to notice things looking a little more sparse or bothersome for you.