Looking for advice following consultation.

Hi,

I was wondering if you guys could advise please. I had a consultation with a clinic about a transplant. I have another post I made before going in for it and gained a lot of useful information from guys here. I made a plan with the clinic that I haven't 100% confirmed yet, it is:

Day 1: 2500 DHI transplant from doner to the front and middle. The clinic reckon this will about double what I have in this area already and they said it will look good.

Day 2: 1000 graft body hair transplant for the crown to add a small amount of coverage there.

The price is fine with me so I'm not too worried about that either way, I liked the clinic and the guy was very honest. He's confident there'll be no shock loss to what's there. It will be making the most of my doner and he says it will look natural even if all else falls out.

Was wondering what you guys think? Any advice would be appreciated.

Edited by HairGuy11

21 minutes ago, hairman22 said:

seems a good plan to use Body Hair to to not waste scalp donor

there will shock loss i think but it will come back

Cheers, yea I should have mentioned that he said there are 2 types of shock loss:

1: Where the transplanted hair is placed to close to an existing hair and it kills it off.

2: Where the transplanted hair falls out initially before growing back for good.

He made it clear 2 will happen but said 1 won't, he was basing this on his skill, the space between my existing follicles and the diameter of the extraction tool he uses being less than 1 mm. So I'm hoping to keep basically all my existing hair if I go for it :)

It's hard enough as is getting scalp donor hair to match the native hairline shape, texture, behavior. 

Not saying using body hair is a bad idea given your own unique situation, just please be aware the body hair is likely to have a noticeably different texture than its neighboring scalp native hair. It could complicate styling post hair transplant. 

Edited by SadMan2021
  • Like 1

I think that's a good plan. Beard hair should be mixed with donor hair. Focus on the front, maximize that area. Crown should be secondary, maybe even saved for a second transplant.

good luck!