Hair Transplant for Crown. Too Early? 31 Years Old.

Im in two minds to get a transplant next year for my crown.

I had a previous procedure for my frontal 3rd in 2017. 2700 grafts used. It was a  great success.

I am a diffuse thinner with a Norwood 5-6 patten I think. Its very early stages of that & very slow progress. I niticed it back in 2015. Its only noticeable when hair is very short

But the crown has thinned. I cannot take any DHT blockers. Was on fin  for 2 years got sides at the end had to stop.

I have got good feedback from FueGenix & Eugenix. both think around 1200-1500 grafts & will take into account future loss. 

Its just its important I take into account future loss.

I also jst had my 1st SMP session which has went quite well. Bt I just feel I dont have enough hair the crown. It has already helped improve the situation though

I did use concealer but I have got tired of it. Makes my head itchy.

hair1.png

hair2.png

hair3.png

hair6.png

• Like 1

Eugenix did say in an email that hairloss generally slows down in our 30s.

My dad did stabilize in his 30s as well. But i think my hairloss is slightly worse than his although im not sure.

I have noticed less hairloss in my 30's but i do feel a crown transplant is a bit risky but i do know i will need another surgery after that as well

1 minute ago, Curious25 said:

Have a look at @bayern11 most recent thread. Could be of interest to you 

I lost hair after stopiing minox.

I do think the oral form would help me.

The only problem is finiding someone who would give me a prescription.

The excess body hair wold worry me also.

4 minutes ago, hairman22 said:

I lost hair after stopiing minox.

I do think the oral form would help me.

The only problem is finiding someone who would give me a prescription.

The excess body hair wold worry me also.

I guess it would become a trade off between what concerns you more , lack of scalp hair or potentially excess of body hair. 

A general rule of thumb I have came familiar with is to ideally hold off crown restoration until mid 30’s. 

• Valued Contributor

Do you have any pics just prior to your first surgery? I don't know what your hair loss was but your hair now looks excellent. Your crown now to me doesn't warrant surgery as it still looks very good and in the future could continually expand. I would be staying in touch with Eugenix opposed to FueGenix. In terms of 5ari's have you looked at topical finasteride or dutasteride or micro dosing? I developed side effects on finasteride at 1mg a day. I stopped the drug until the side effects disappeared and went back on it at 0.5mg Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I have since increased Friday to 1mg and soon will increase Monday to 1mg also. So far I have had no side effects taking it at a lower dose every other day. All the best!

There are other modalities, other than Fin you can try.  PRP, Laser....etc.  And now Fin and Min are available in pill form.  Consult with your doctor and formulate a plan.  Doing transplants in the crown without a medical regimen is just not a good idea. You'll end up chasing the pattern and end up using whatever donor you have left.  If you continue thinning the front, which will likely happen, you'll have nothing left to fix it.  

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

1 hour ago, LaserCaps said:

There are other modalities, other than Fin you can try.  PRP, Laser....etc.  And now Fin and Min are available in pill form.  Consult with your doctor and formulate a plan.  Doing transplants in the crown without a medical regimen is just not a good idea. You'll end up chasing the pattern and end up using whatever donor you have left.  If you continue thinning the front, which will likely happen, you'll have nothing left to fix it.  

Been doing Laser on off.

Started back again.

But i dont see stopping my hairloss but worth a try

I have not thinned in the front in 5 years. Its all trabsplanted apart from forelock which is fine.

My midscalp has quite a few grafts also

The crown "final loss pattern" often appears later in life than the hairline "final loss pattern". So while many doctors won't hesitate to operate on the hairline say in your late 20s bc the final pattern is evident, you can still experience severe crown loss in your 30s, 40s, and beyond. 

Wait until 35 at the earliest, preferably 40. 

It sucks concealer isn't a good fit for you. I wonder why it makes your scalp itchy. My try a different brand.