It has been 40 days since my fue hair transplant and I grew a pimple like on my hair line.

Alberts

It has been 40 days since my fue hair transplant and I grew a pimple like on my hair line. I don’t know if it is folliculitis or just acne i didn’t bump my head either. Will this red bump have any effect on my transplanted grafts ? 

E02E12E4-D231-464E-B7F4-3A9A3B45A631.jpeg

E0F2C722-FDFA-4669-9D4B-29E8F0C28EBB.jpeg

FAA188D9-420E-4B4A-8BD7-8B11D11AAAC7.jpeg

9974AAF0-7203-4AFF-9087-79306CD3D064.png

50D771E2-AF72-4F89-949F-6E0D12E176DC.jpeg

063211DC-80A6-4287-B93B-1D76342ED106.jpeg

Edited by Alberts
Added pictures

• Moderators

It could be just a pimple. If there were a lot of them then it would be something to worry about, but right now I would just keep an eye on it and see what happens.

• Thanks 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Get used to seeing several of these going forward.  Try to resist squeezing them and let the natural process work.

• Thanks 1

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

1 hour ago, JohnCasper said:

Get used to seeing several of these going forward.  Try to resist squeezing them and let the natural process work.

Will it affect the grafts or the hair growth from reaching full potential?

8 hours ago, Alberts said:

Will it affect the grafts or the hair growth from reaching full potential?

Nope. Pimples like these are quite common, and it's just a general rule that you're not supposed to pop them so as to avoid scarring, infection, etc. Especially in a sensitive area that's still healing from surgery, it's best to just leave them alone. 

Dr. Mohebi mentioned after my procedure that if I ever had any that were particularly bothersome, I could come into the office and they would help me resolve it - but of course, I don't think I've ever had a pimple I could just "leave alone". Lol. So against all the best advice, I did carefully squeeze a couple of them even though I wasn't supposed to. ;)

• Thanks 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates on the pimple situation.... "Alberts"?

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, Alberts said:

It went away I just have a little red mark but it got much better should I be worried or it’s fine ?

No worries. You are fine. Pimples are normal after hair transplants when the hair starts trying to grow.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

That little red mark will fade pretty quickly as well.  No worries.  Happy growing!