Not a great donor area, can chest hairs etc but used and who will use them?

I had a poor transplant in Greece a few years ago. My donor area was overharvested. I need another badly, concealer isn't even doing the job anymore. I'm not the front half of my head can be done but second half cant and that's nearly bald. I'm sure I seen someone some can use chest hairs. Is that common and do most do it?

• Administrators

Can you share pictures?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Moderators

Chest hair can be used, but whether it can be used successfully for YOU depends on how much you have, how long it grows, what the texture is, and how easily the grafts come out. I've had almost 3000 chest and abdomen grafts taken and placed on my head along with almost 3000 beard grafts as well.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.