YouTuber/Bodybuilder Greg Doucette Gets a Hair Transplant

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators

We have another YouTuber going to a hair mill. This guy, for those who don’t know got his break from exposing fakes in the fitness industry, the irony. 6E4D70BA-6E3E-4FF0-912A-01CFE05049C2.png

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Haha, wtf. Whenever I see Greg I always think that he has a very solid hairline, especially for his age. I've noticed before he has thinning in the crown, so wasn't expecting to see work on the hairline.

Pretty sure Chris Bumstead is due to go to the same place soon.

• Like 1

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, JDEE0 said:

Haha, wtf. Whenever I see Greg I always think that he has a very solid hairline, especially for his age. I've noticed before he has thinning in the crown, so wasn't expecting to see work on the hairline.

Pretty sure Chris Bumstead is due to go to the same place soon.

Yea I thought the same, but he has curly hair, so it could be disguising some thinning. His house looks nice, he's got a a big YouTube channel and a supplement line, but yet, chose to go to a hair mill that probably cost 1,500 dollars. How does that make any sense.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

2 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Yea I thought the same, but he has curly hair, so it could be disguising some thinning. His house looks nice, he's got a a big YouTube channel and a supplement line, but yet, chose to go to a hair mill that probably cost 1,500 dollars. How does that make any sense.

Yeah, it's crazy. Look at Bradley Martyn, the guy is undoubtedly a multi millionaire and judging by his result (don't think he ever admitted to having it done, but it's obvious) he must have gone somewhere awful too. It doesn't look very good, and that's being kind. 

Same for Greg, is also definitely a multi millionaire at this point and goes for a HT in Turkey instead of just going to H&W or Konior, it's baffling. He wants to hope he doesn't end up with permanent shock-loss, although I'd wager he doesn't even know this is a possible outcome. 

Even Derek doesn't know a damn thing about HT surgeons and I've heard him mention that there are amazing surgeons in Turkey in passing before. With all the knowledge of hair loss he has, you'd think he would cotton on to the fact that all of these places are actually a huge risk.

• Like 1

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, JDEE0 said:

Yeah, it's crazy. Look at Bradley Martyn, the guy is undoubtedly a multi millionaire and judging by his result (don't think he ever admitted to having it done, but it's obvious) he must have gone somewhere awful too. It doesn't look very good, and that's being kind. 

Same for Greg, is also definitely a multi millionaire at this point and goes for a HT in Turkey instead of just going to H&W or Konior, it's baffling. He wants to hope he doesn't end up with permanent shock-loss, although I'd wager he doesn't even know this is a possible outcome. 

Even Derek doesn't know a damn thing about HT surgeons and I've heard him mention that there are amazing surgeons in Turkey in passing before. With all the knowledge of hair loss he has, you'd think he would cotton on to the fact that all of these places are actually a huge risk.

The truth is, these guys do most of their research on Instagram. They see 100k followers a check mark, and they think they’re legit. They basically fall for everything they warn their followers about in the fitness industry. That’s why I’ve made a strong push to get our Instagram strong, hopefully, these guys get steered the right way. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, SadMan2021 said:

just goes to show that even if you are jacked and have a killer body, having hair is a net positive. no one truly wants to be bald. 

You got that outta this thread? 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

• Haha 1

View my thread

To take a positive from this, it’s yet another public figure being open about hair loss and hair restoration, further contributing to taking away the former stigma, and bringing more eyes and ears into the hair loss industry. The more social acceptance, the more the industry will thrive, meaning better techniques, better surgeons, and less bald heads on the planet (hopefully).   

• Like 1

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

To take a positive from this, it’s yet another public figure being open about hair loss and hair restoration, further contributing to taking away the former stigma, and bringing more eyes and ears into the hair loss industry. The more social acceptance, the more the industry will thrive, meaning better techniques, better surgeons, and less bald heads on the planet (hopefully).   

Well, this could be opposite, because people will choose to go to hair mills. I do think being honest is a positive. Mike Thurston was the first, and he went to arguably one of the best in England Dr. Reddy. Guys like that do good, but these guys promoting hair mills do the opposite, well see what happens. Hopefully it’s not a complete disaster for him.

View my thread

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

The truth is, these guys do most of their research on Instagram. They see 100k followers a check mark, and they think they’re legit. They basically fall for everything they warn their followers about in the fitness industry. That’s why I’ve made a strong push to get our Instagram strong, hopefully, these guys get steered the right way. 

I'd guess they get it totally free. It seems more and more celebs will take clinics up on the offer as they have been invited over or just happened to be in the area and someone reached out.

I seem to think Guy Richie did that. While he was making Aladdin in Turkey, a few months after his hairline seemed to mysteriously reappear. No idea which clinic though.

4 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

We have another YouTuber going to a hair mill. This guy, for those who don’t know got his break from exposing fakes in the fitness industry, the irony. 6E4D70BA-6E3E-4FF0-912A-01CFE05049C2.png

It's funny how he says "i just got a check up" versus what he actually got, but still props to him for showing the transplant post op. 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, rambunctious said:

It's funny how he says "i just got a check up" versus what he actually got, but still props to him for showing the transplant post op. 

I think he meant that he went back to the clinic for a check up. 

• Like 1

View my thread

I'm pretty sure this specific place got the idea to do a massive wave of emails offering free travel/accomodations etc. to the top fitness celebrities as a advertising campaign.  It makes a lot of sense too.  Fans of fitness/PED circles are I'd say all more vain than the average person, and quite a few of them are probably on steroids too, meaning higher chance of needing a transplant.  

If you sent out 100 emails to the top 100 fitness influencers, even if 2-3 take your offer, it is amazing advertising.  And what can it possibly cost them?  For someone of Greg's influence, pay him first class tickets, that's literally the only high expense.  The hotel/food/HT etc. are all minimal.

Then, just to put the cherry on the top, they probably have their A team work on him so he gets a good result, and boom, profits.

EDIT:  To add, the first thing I did when starting my research on a HT was look at where the celebrities were going.  And I'm sure many people default to "well, x/y person I admire did it here, and so will I".

Edited by Fue3361

Check out my journey here:

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Fue3361 said:

I'm pretty sure this specific place got the idea to do a massive wave of emails offering free travel/accomodations etc. to the top fitness celebrities as a advertising campaign.  It makes a lot of sense too.  Fans of fitness/PED circles are I'd say all more vain than the average person, and quite a few of them are probably on steroids too, meaning higher chance of needing a transplant.  

If you sent out 100 emails to the top 100 fitness influencers, even if 2-3 take your offer, it is amazing advertising.  And what can it possibly cost them?  For someone of Greg's influence, pay him first class tickets, that's literally the only high expense.  The hotel/food/HT etc. are all minimal.

Then, just to put the cherry on the top, they probably have their A team work on him so he gets a good result, and boom, profits.

It’s very possible. I’ve had a couple of verified people dm me on Instagram asking for a free HT in exchange for advertising. It’s a shame because these guys are pore too ruining so many young mens lives. All we can do is promote this community. You get no nonsense information here. 

View my thread

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2021 at 4:57 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

It’s very possible. I’ve had a couple of verified people dm me on Instagram asking for a free HT in exchange for advertising. It’s a shame because these guys are pore too ruining so many young mens lives. All we can do is promote this community. You get no nonsense information here. 

honestly, im not sure if you get no nonsense information here. Did you pay for all your treatments? Did you pay for to stay in the accomodation in India?

Dr Arshads work in UK has recently been awful, there was a reason they were literally offering nearly everyone free top ups yet you kept defending them?

I hope you dont think im having a go, just trying to be neutral.

This forum has definitely made me know about hair Mills and how to look out for them. No questions there. Its also told me about the best in the world. The truth is though, are they honestly the best?

I went to see bisanga and he basically said he would refuse to do me. Now for that im grateful and that makes him sound the best. Another doctor who is very well recommended here said they'd have no problem doing it. Who do you honestly believe? The truth is, I dont think anyone knows whether your result will be a homerun or not. 

Youve got that guy in Bulgaria who does like mad transplants, 15 000 grafts ina  day and his results seem unbelievable yet none of his staff speak English? Find it hard to believe. A guy who looks to be one of the best, in an industry where he can easily make 1 million pound a year and he cajt afford English translators or technicians who speak English?

Edited by aKaWonderKid
  • Like 1