Hello, I had an FUE hair transplant 10 days ago and I am concerned that my donor area is over harvested, and if it will never look normal again. I just need to know if it looks like any normal FUE pr there is aomething wrong. Thanks in advance

Simon

As has been said, name of the clinic, number of grafts and immediate post op pics of your donor would be needed to tell. It will be instantly clear upon seeing them if you have been over harvested taking these pictures that you've already posted into account along with them.

To be completely honest though, even without seeing those pictures, I am pretty sure you have been over-harvested. I'm sorry to say, but I don't think there's any point in giving you false hope that you're not. 

• Like 1

Tito beauty clinic in lebanon, about 3500 grafts. So if it’s over harvested I will never have a natural look in the future? This in the only picture I don’t have one in the same day of the surgery. What I know that they shaved the donor area with a razor and the rest with a clipper, maybe that’s why there is some difference I dont know. The front pic is right after the surgery

E5CA3450-2CCC-4AF4-8573-C771E32AE5F7.png

77F3A688-0A56-407A-9953-59C15D7DCF52.png

Edited by Simon
  • Sad 1

Sorry man, I feel for you. I just looked them up and I can also say for a fact that (at least some of) their before/after hair transplant pictures are stolen from other clinics. They are clearly cowboys.

That picture isn't very clear; do you have any better ones? But yeah, that is a very small area to take 3500 grafts from (who knows how many they actually took without clearly seeing the donor better, could be less).

Well, you'll have to see how it heals and looks in 6-12 months, there may also be some shock loss going on and it might not look too bad with more length and time to heal. But no, in short, it's unlikely to ever look natural and will most likely look quite patchy and scarred at shorter lengths. The good news is that some doctors are very good at donor repair/restocking where they take body hair, maybe even scalp in a case such as yours where you have enough to offer, and place some back into the area. This can fill things in nicely and make it look much better.

SMP on top of this too could get you to a pretty good spot. 

• Like 2

That’s a pretty clear case of over harvesting and it’s most likely going to be accompanied by some temporary shock loss. Why did you choose this clinic ? It too early to say just how well it will recover. The extraction pattern should never be like this. Your going to have to look for a decent Dr to see what can be done to recover from this. 

Edited by JC71
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Simon said:

Tito beauty clinic in lebanon, about 3500 grafts. So if it’s over harvested I will never have a natural look in the future? This in the only picture I don’t have one in the same day of the surgery. What I know that they shaved the donor area with a razor and the rest with a clipper, maybe that’s why there is some difference I dont know. The front pic is right after the surgery

E5CA3450-2CCC-4AF4-8573-C771E32AE5F7.png

77F3A688-0A56-407A-9953-59C15D7DCF52.png

I'm going to be honest and I'm sorry to have to tell you, but the work is appalling. It's not going to come out good mate, don't know how else to put it.

It doesn't actually look like 3500 grafts to me (which is a plus), the spaces in-between the implanted grafts are too great, but this in and of itself is going to give you an unnatural result along with the fact that they've placed multi grafts all over and have not used singles for the hairline etc. The hairline design is also completely wrong, it's feminine as it slopes down at the corners.

You need to speak to a world class surgeon ASAP and show them your photo's and see what they say. You can hopefully come up with a plan for 12 months time. 

Edited by JDEE0
  • Like 1

Absolutely no way is that anything like 3.5k of grafts that’s been implanted. Be lucky if it’s over 2k to be honest. They seem to have taken a lot more from the donor area that’s been implanted. Typical of poor work, the transection rate will be high. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JC71 said:

Damn this is extremely poorly executed FUE 😞We cannot sugar coat this, sorry man but I have to agree with @JDEE0

It is indeed. OP, I can only imagine you are going to not be feeling great after reading this, but what's done is done, and I'm positive you will be able to have it repaired without much issue by a good doctor, I think it will be fairly simple to fix in the grand scheme of things, so try not to get too down about it.

I would send E-mails to the following surgeons: Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Ferudini, Dr. Konior, Dr. Bruno Pinto and Dr. Patrick Mwamba to start off with and see what they advise. I'm certainly missing some good repair surgeons, just who I thought of off hand, so would be good if anyone else reading could add in some names for OP to consider.

I think it will be a case of removing some grafts from the corners to give it a more masculine shape and then from there simply adding in more density overall and refinement with the proper staggering of singles into doubles and so on at the hairline.

Edited by JDEE0
  • Like 3

Doesn’t look great but we are here to help. I would contact Mwamba and Bisanga now to gain their thoughts, then they will probably ask you to reach out again after about 6-8 months of growth to game plan. Best of luck 🙏🏻

• Like 1

Sorry to say but to me that looks really over-harvested.  Truly despicable that some clinics like 'Tito beauty clinic' even exist. Butchers like that should be held responsible for their unethical actions. 

You can look into placing grafts into that area or the easier cheaper option of SMP to disguise it. It's worth a look. 

• Like 1

@SimonPlease don’t think we are just being negative here, we all want to help guide you to a better Dr/Clinic to help you deal with what’s been done. It’s not going to make easy reading I know, but you have done well to come here and share with the community. You can get through this with help ! 🙏

Edited by JC71
  • Like 5

It does seem like a really bad HT work but please don't panic or fall into depression, stress will only make it worse and could affect transllanted hairs!

Also pics are not of good quality so it may be that your donor had some shock loss, it will grow back if so!

Everything is fixable so please don't fall into depression 🙂

Now you just need a good plan and things will sort out!

1. Wait few months for donor area to heal and trasplanted hair to start showing results and than you can do something about it....it may turn out not so bad.

2.Looking at rest of your hair i'm sure it can be fixed by another good HT or SMP, donor area aswell recipient area.

3.You have a really really good head shape so even with shaved head i believe you look good and rock 💪💪

4.Make some high quality pics of donor and recipient area (so doctor can see scalp skin up close) and send it to some good HT surgeon. Many good doctors suggestied on this forum will give you free online consultation.

But i'm sure what ever results turns out it is fixable, right now stress can only do more damage to your hair so don't panic...wait and fix it if neccesary!

Stay strong brother💪

Edited by Spaceguy
  • Like 3

I just looked up close pics of your donor and recipient area, i'm not a doctor or expert but donor area easily could be suffering from shock loss since there seems to be a lot of black dots with very short hairs, it may be that they stopped growing or fell out cos of shock loss....if so they're likely to grow back.

Recipient area placed grafts seems very sparse placed but also seems there is natural hair in between.

Again your pics are of not so good quality and we all may be wrong in here, maybe everything will be ok .....just don't stress or panic....and do online consultation with another good HT surgeon.

If surgery is poorly done ask for a refund, also with that density try to count transplanted grafts take a pic and mark count, that density seems far from 3000 grafts!