Jump to content

How many grafts to return to a Norwood 1?


Recommended Posts

  • Regular Member

I'm a 30 year-old male. I've been on 0.5 mg/day dutasteride since age 20 and so my hair loss has been stabilized for about a decade. I wanted to restore what's been lost of my temples. The loss may not look like much but it gives my forehead a wide look that I dislike. I previously tried minoxidil, RU58841 and dermarolling but not much result came from that, so I'm turning to FUE. The blue line in the pictures show the area I want to restore. How many grafts do you think? Thanks.

20211117_143632_Burst02.jpg

20211117_160933.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, g8n2h9k3u7 said:

I'm a 30 year-old male. I've been on 0.5 mg/day dutasteride since age 20 and so my hair loss has been stabilized for about a decade. I wanted to restore what's been lost of my temples. The loss may not look like much but it gives my forehead a wide look that I dislike. I previously tried minoxidil, RU58841 and dermarolling but not much result came from that, so I'm turning to FUE. The blue line in the pictures show the area I want to restore. How many grafts do you think? Thanks.

20211117_143632_Burst02.jpg

20211117_160933.jpg

Your hair looks pretty much perfect? 

You dont touch temples if its not needed, its one of the most difficult things to get natural looking. 

Edited by digi23
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators

It will take 0 grafts. There's nothing to restore. Your temple areas look fine. You are not 16.

 

  • Like 2

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
1 hour ago, BeHappy said:

It will take 0 grafts. There's nothing to restore. Your temple areas look fine. You are not 16.

 

Well said.


I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Valued Contributor
15 hours ago, BeHappy said:

It will take 0 grafts. There's nothing to restore. Your temple areas look fine. You are not 16.

 

This.

Unless you want to look like a 16 yr old girl, why the hell would you want to close off the natural, masculine angles of the hairline/temple points?

To proceed with any work in that area with your complete lack of hair loss would be a ridiculous decision and you need to be told that straight up.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Senior Member

Ok, so here's a dose of reality:

The temples are absolutely the hardest part to get right in a hair transplant.

Most people here will tell you that you shouldn't do it, and they're right.

 

That said, if you're absolutely resigned to getting work done, you damn well better go with the best of the best.  Because otherwise, it will be very obvious you had work done.  There are not that many surgeons worldwide who do amazing work on temporal points.  So again, go with the best of the best.

And that said, they might turn you down based on the fact that you probably don't need it.  But be prepared to spend 10k+ usd on a very small correction (since the top surgeons don't charge cheap).

Check out my journey here:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Senior Member

That is very specialized hair....Not to be found anywhere on the body - except that area.  Typically the hair in the donor will be coarser and it will stick out.  And, if this is happening, I am certain you are thinning elsewhere.  Are you doing anything medically to help you with retention? Please leave it alone!

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Senior Member

The risk vs reward factor here isn’t in the slightest bit worth it. You would probably end up wishing you never undertook a transplant. Just a honest opinion, you have stabilised the last decade. Don’t fix something that’s not broken 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Senior Member
18 hours ago, LaserCaps said:

That is very specialized hair....Not to be found anywhere on the body - except that area.  Typically the hair in the donor will be coarser and it will stick out.  And, if this is happening, I am certain you are thinning elsewhere.  Are you doing anything medically to help you with retention? Please leave it alone!

He would probably have to strengthen his entire hairline, not just the temples if he had work done, because as you say, the temple hair would be more coarse and thick.  That would mean he can't have baby hairs under his hairline while also having very thick temporal points.  So basically, he'd have to settle for a less natural looking hairline in order to have harmony between the two.

Check out my journey here:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...