"There is no such thing as being bald, you can only be poor."

Otar Norwood

• Administrators

He's got one of the best results. Though, some surgeons have nitpicked his results. I think it's absolutely stunning. He looks younger now than he did 20 years ago.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, hairlossPA said:

elon can take us to space, he is willing to sell 6billion worth of stock to 'cure world hunger', but yet we cant convince him to solve hair follicle replication... *sigh*

I wish someone with some real research approached Elon. If anyone can, Elon can.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Moderators

I would bet that I spent more money on hair transplants than Elon Musk has. If I was a billionaire I still wouldn't have any more hair than I do now. Most people in the general public just don't understand the issue of hair transplants. No matter how much money you have that doesn't change your genetics. You still have to have enough hair to move around.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2021 at 12:38 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

I wish someone with some real research approached Elon. If anyone can, Elon can.

I doubt Elon particularly cares about advancing hair transplant research.  I think his main goal is finding a way to successfully ensure humanity's survival (surviving a nuclear war, some crazy virus, a huge asteroid collision with earth, etc).  And to him, that seems to be getting secondary colonies on other planets.  Getting rid of reliance on fossil fuels is an important step to that goal.  

Hair research?  Doubt he'd be bothered to look into it.

Check out my journey here:

On 11/13/2021 at 4:45 PM, BeHappy said:

I would bet that I spent more money on hair transplants than Elon Musk has. If I was a billionaire I still wouldn't have any more hair than I do now. Most people in the general public just don't understand the issue of hair transplants. No matter how much money you have that doesn't change your genetics. You still have to have enough hair to move around.

To be fair, you could probably guaranteed be able to get scientists to clone your hair follicles if you threw around a few hundred million.  Would the process be efficient?  Nope.  Is it possible with today's technology?  Sure.

Check out my journey here:

• Valued Contributor

I remember Joe Rogan chatting with someone about a cure for hair loss. The question was around if Musk threw all of his money and intelligence into finding a cure for hair loss then how long would it take? The answer was like about a year. It sounded a bit far fetched but when you consider we created vaccines for Covid-19 in around the same time frame I can kind of accept that answer.

On a different note one thing I took away from Melvin's interview with Dr Mwamba was when Dr Mwamba spoke of price. It was along the lines of how much is someone's hair worth to them? It's a great question because if you are happy shaving your head then paying $30,000 would seem ludicrous! However if you are 18 with great hair and it starts to go $30,000 may sound like a bargain! My point is this. Everything is relative.

• Like 1