Search for a hair transplant clinic in Turkey. Need critics.

Monero

Hello everyone. I am new on this forum. And also quite new to search for hair transplant clinic. Last week i gathered few clinics I thought would be decent in Turkey. I did not wanted all to be cheap or focus on something. Just a regular search and hoped to get legit clinics. When I got on this forum I noticed that no one talks of none of them, but people mostly recommend some other clinics and doctors. I put all those recommended on this forum on a list and will start contacting them next week. But I am sort of worried if they will have vacancies. They all seems popular. Anyway I would like some friendly forum experts on Turkish clinic to tell me if any clinic of my original list is worth to contact:

Sanantur Clinic                                                      Dr. Mbaraka Ahmed Ljohiy
Cosmedica                                                             Dr. Levent Acar
Best hair clinic                                                       Dr. Oyku Celen
Transmed klinik                                                     Dr. Melike Külahçı
AHD hair clinic                                                       Dr.Hakan Doganay
Civas Hair Transplant                                            Dr. Ekrem Civas
DrT Hair Transplant clinic                                      Dr. Tayfun Oguzoglu
Kayihan Sahinoglu Hair Transplant Clinic             Prof. Dr. Kayihan Sahinoglu
DR.Bayer Clinics                                                     Dr.Yetkin Bayer 

I am not doing any advertisement or anything for this websites. If is against rules please let me know. They are just links to websites of doctors/clinics that I originally found and they seemed legit to a hair transplant noob. 

Oh, I will probably need more then one procedure. I am 43 years old and my baldness is somewhere 6-7 northwald or how is called that scale. I suspect my donor area is decent and as i see that neck and chest hairs can be used I have much more hope that eventually my hair could look decent. 

Edited by Monero

Honestly ? They are all pretty poor choices and classified as “hairmills” tech driven procedures with little skill and no Dr input. AHD (Dr Doganay) may be the best of who you mentioned, but that’s not saying much…

The only people we regularly recommend for Turkey are HLC, Pekiner, Keser, Bicer and the lower cost options of Yaman and Demirsoy. 

Why Turkey though, so many more options in Europe who generally do far better work ! 

You could show us some pics of your current situation ? If you are in the higher Norwood levels then Eugenix would be a good choice. They are experts in achieving good results with FUE/BHT. 

Edited by JC71
  • Like 4

• Administrators

Please do not link any sites. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I edited post with name of clinic and their main doctor. 

Sanantur Clinic                                                      Dr. Mbaraka Ahmed Ljohiy
Cosmedica                                                             Dr. Levent Acar
Best hair clinic                                                       Dr. Oyku Celen
Transmed klinik                                                     Dr. Melike Külahçı
AHD hair clinic                                                       Dr.Hakan Doganay
Civas Hair Transplant                                            Dr. Ekrem Civas
DrT Hair Transplant clinic                                      Dr. Tayfun Oguzoglu
Kayihan Sahinoglu Hair Transplant Clinic             Prof. Dr. Kayihan Sahinoglu
DR.Bayer Clinics                                                     Dr.Yetkin Bayer 

@pomloe Yes I have them all on my list I made yesterday, I am just afraid they might have long waiting lines, since are quite popular on this forum. 

@JC71 Turkey should have good hair transplant doctors cheap. It is also not so far from central europe, so if world collapse I could still walk home in couple of weeks time. I could not do that from India. But I will definitely check more about Eugenix.

No cheap is the last thing you want when looking for a ht. The list you made is some of the worst hair mills. But ! Dr Yaman for example happens to be amazing value these days and still only 3 patients per day max. Don’t choose a clinic just because they can fit you in at short notice .. this is a red flag 🚩 this is a lifetime procedure your considering. We see poor results on a daily basis from the hairmills which in turn requires a repair from a decent clinic. 
What you want is a clinic where a Dr is going to be present and doing at least the channel opening/incision step. Not a tech only procedure which is Russian roulette with your head. And clinics which are 2/3 max a day. Not a hair mill which can be up to 20. 
It’s results you need to be researching for some of the names we have mentioned. They are still more than affordable, especially Yaman and Demirsoy. 

• Like 3

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, JC71 said:

No cheap is the last thing you want when looking for a ht. The list you made is some of the worst hair mills. But ! Dr Yaman for example happens to be amazing value these days and still only 3 patients per day max. Don’t choose a clinic just because they can fit you in at short notice .. this is a red flag 🚩 this is a lifetime procedure your considering. We see poor results on a daily basis from the hairmills which in turn requires a repair from a decent clinic. 
What you want is a clinic where a Dr is going to be present and doing at least the channel opening/incision step. Not a tech only procedure which is Russian roulette with your head. And clinics which are 2/3 max a day. Not a hair mill which can be up to 20. 
It’s results you need to be researching for some of the names we have mentioned. They are still more than affordable, especially Yaman and Demirsoy. 

Turkey is the capital for botched hair transplants. If you can’t afford a decent surgeon, don’t get surgery.

• Like 6

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Turkey is the capital for botched hair transplants. 

Hmmm........not sure about that, I think the UK still holds that title   ;)

Edited by gambler
  • Haha 2

What about Dr. Beyhan Zeybek's clinic?  She seems a bit old style. But what do I know. She also does BHT. Website also says she does one patient a day.

2 day session +/- 4000 grafts  = 5k eur

Combo FUE / FUT 2 days +/- 5500 grafts  = 6k eur

Anyone have any experiences with here?  I would probably need another 2 days sessions a year latter. I imagine is better to go with two even sessions then one mega session and one small one. 

PS: I am mainly reading Eugenix  posts but still dreaming of surgery in Turkey :P

Edited by Monero

You're acting as if long wait lists are a negative. They show that the surgeon is in high demand because they perform quality work. Literally none of the clinics you've mentioned are good choices. Rethink your strategy and make decisions based on how this will effect your appearance for the rest of your life. 

• Like 4

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

• Valued Contributor

You need to be aware that it is no secret that many of the hair mills in Turkey can have people who will be operating on you that are ex hair dressers, barbers and Syrian refugees! Base your decisions on patient results and not by cheap prices. All the best!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, BDK081522 said:

You're acting as if long wait lists are a negative. 

Long waits give you more time to think it over and gives you less chances for mistakes. What I want is to have more options to start with and then slowly peal to the best for my situation that is not that brilliant. 

13 hours ago, Gatsby said:

You need to be aware that it is no secret that many of the hair mills in Turkey can have people who will be operating on you that are ex hair dressers, barbers and Syrian refugees! Base your decisions on patient results and not by cheap prices. All the best!

99% Of Turkish Hair Transplant clinics are UNETHICAL! That 1% of Turkish clinics that operate properly we all know the list. You can count them on one hand.

• Like 1

Turkey has about 500x HT clinics , think read somewhere this info, licensed or not licensed, who knows :)   , white market-black market, etc. :) , and whole Europe has 500x HT clinics, then it's easy to you or anyone other understand what can expect in Turkey, for ex. only few of these 500x are ISHRS members, even that must not mean much, as such memberships many clinics buy for marketing purposes :) , or create some "institues" for HT :) and x other organizations with different names like , world fue, europe fue bla bla, mostly just marketing oriented things by many clinics...

And these numbers can tell you, what can expect in Turkey, and need to be very careful at selecting HT clinic in TR, as all this is big industry, and low number of clinics care much about quality-reputation-professionalism, but most of  them are oriented to numbers-quantity, where quantity vs quality is there mostly about importance of quantity...

So, don't hurry up much, in meaning if time-money are your limitations in this moment, better wait few months or 1-2y, to keep bigger amount of money, and can reach good-recommended doctor, and avoid these hairmills clinics, those from your list never heard about them, suggest you all from your list use button SEARCH and check is at HRN any thread about them, as best way is to check some clinics-doctors by checking real threads of HRN members, where you can check 1-12 months progress by posting of members, and see real results, not fake-scam photos at social networks, where many black-market clinics use photos of top EU clinics and similar things :) ....

At such clinics where 1.5-2.5k price for any amount of grafts, you get HT by unskilled technicians, even by guard of clinic :) , or consultants-coordinators, drivers :)  , there anything can expect, and doctors are rare involved, just if enough lucky guy, and imagine 1.5-2.5k for 4-5k grafts what they offer, no any logic get such price, for such amount of work, often they lie about amount of extracted grafts, and patient think get 4-5k, as no way do it for 4-5h, as happened in some cases at some hairmills... So be careful, take your time, to collect budget for good-recommended doctor and then decide do HT. Understand your plan to do it asap, but if make wrong choice, then will cost you much more repair, time, money, nerves, and your health at all...

For NW6-7, best choice at some solid budget Eugenix clinic, or maybe Hattingen, and maybe few in TR, like HLC, Pekiner, Bicer.

• 1 month later...

This is my personnel opinion but this site sometimes becomes an echo chamber where only US, Canadian and some European clinics are placed on a pedestal and people are told to stay away from other clinics not located there or a bad result is all but foregone.  I started on my hair transplant journey on this site and after a year of researching here went with US based clinic recommended on this site in July 2019 for 3k grafts.  It has been two years since and I can say my hair transplant has not been successful, where I am now forced to get a second hair transplant.  I remember having lunch with a cousin of my mine and trying convince him not to get a hair transplant in Turkey using the same points made in this thread.  He went ahead and got his hair transplant done at one of these hair-mills.  He is 14 months out and his results are excellent.  Maybe my mistake was assuming that these doctors recommended here with their amazing results for  Caucasian patient will translate same to an African American patient.   Sadly that hasn't been the case for me.  For my second hair transplant I will not limit myself to locations or doctor recommended here and will take any advice given here with a grain of salt.  

• Like 2

• Administrators
21 hours ago, cafine5123 said:

This is my personnel opinion but this site sometimes becomes an echo chamber where only US, Canadian and some European clinics are placed on a pedestal and people are told to stay away from other clinics not located there or a bad result is all but foregone.  I started on my hair transplant journey on this site and after a year of researching here went with US based clinic recommended on this site in July 2019 for 3k grafts.  It has been two years since and I can say my hair transplant has not been successful, where I am now forced to get a second hair transplant.  I remember having lunch with a cousin of my mine and trying convince him not to get a hair transplant in Turkey using the same points made in this thread.  He went ahead and got his hair transplant done at one of these hair-mills.  He is 14 months out and his results are excellent.  Maybe my mistake was assuming that these doctors recommended here with their amazing results for  Caucasian patient will translate same to an African American patient.   Sadly that hasn't been the case for me.  For my second hair transplant I will not limit myself to locations or doctor recommended here and will take any advice given here with a grain of salt.  

This post is full of denigrating remarks that aren’t based off of reality. The reality is that ANYONE can post their experience and review of any surgeon in the world, regardless if they’re recommended. Like Nader, HLC, Ferreira, HMR, none of these clinics are recommended. So, if people are recommending the same clinics over and over, it’s because those clinics have consistent results.

View my thread

3 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

This post is full of denigrating remarks that aren’t based off of reality. The reality is that ANYONE can post their experience and review of any surgeon in the world, regardless if they’re recommended. Like Nader, HLC, Ferreira, HMR, none of these clinics are recommended. So, if people are recommending the same clinics over and over, it’s because those clinics have consistent results.

Maybe I was unfair in my post and my bitterness got the better of me after spending a small fortune to get  failed hair transplant from one of the recommend doctors here.  You are right everyone can post their experience and review of any surgeon here. But the general consensus here is that turkey is not a good destination for a hair transplant and that is a fact.  As you said people are recommending the same clinics because they have consistent results, my error was believing that those results would carry over to a person with my afro hair type.  If you are a black person I would say learn from my mistake and go to a physician who does alot of cases with your hair type and not a physician who probably see 3-5 cases of black/African  hair type a year even if they are recommended here due to their consistent results. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 11/5/2021 at 5:46 PM, Monero said:

I have seen mentions in this thread that this list is made up of hair mills. I was interested in Sahinoglu, who judging by some testimonials and his own site, he apparently does only one patient per day. How can he be regarded as a hair mill then? 

Is there any evidence of him performing unsuccessful transplants? I am asking this because there is not that much info on him compared to others. Usually feedback is mildly positive, but I have not seen anything truly negative (with the exception of this claim that his clinic is a hair mill). 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lucinski0 said:

I have seen mentions in this thread that this list is made up of hair mills. I was interested in Sahinoglu, who judging by some testimonials and his own site, he apparently does only one patient per day. How can he be regarded as a hair mill then? 

Is there any evidence of him performing unsuccessful transplants? I am asking this because there is not that much info on him compared to others. Usually feedback is mildly positive, but I have not seen anything truly negative (with the exception of this claim that his clinic is a hair mill). 

Just avoid, every clinic and doctor on that list is not worth it.

5 minutes ago, RTC said:

Just avoid, every clinic and doctor on that list is not worth it.

Ok, but why Sahinoglu in particular? I have read plenty of negative stuff about other clinics on that list (i.e. Cosmedica), but can you provide any evidence as to why Sahinoglu should be avoided?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RTC said:

His clinic is a hair-mill, that should be enough bro. Why take a chance?

No it’s not, he only does one patient a day and does the extraction by himself. You confusing him with someone else?

Edited by BaldBobby
  • Like 1