10 day post op

On 11/3/2021 at 12:07 PM, digi23 said:

At Day 10 you need to have surgery to get the grafts out.

Some doctors suggest not ok use caps any type 1 month after HT? Good friend got such info by doctor after hist HT, maybe someone experienced can say more about it, is safe use cap after HT, i mean when is ok after HT use cap?

Point by that doctor who told not ok use cap, was that implanted grafts- recipient arean, donor area too need "breath" more, and not use cap, at least  1 month...

On 11/3/2021 at 4:54 AM, Chances101 said:

Do you think grafts are secure enough at day 10 post op . For skull cap And Durag?

702F2AD5-340C-4A88-9E14-9DA710D876A7.jpeg

CF26ACDF-46B3-473B-B760-853FDEB21670.jpeg

No not ok because your scalp needs to breathe in order to properly recover  from the surgery. Also placing a cap on top of recently implanted grafts (recently made puncture wounds) increase the risk of fungal development. 

• Like 1

At day 10 the grafts are pretty secure and wearing a loosely knitted hat on a very limited basis should not be an issue as long as it’s not for hours or all day as the recipient area needs to breathe…if you had FUT,  I would refrain from wearing a doo-rag to avoid putting any tension on the sutures and strip scar.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY