Bisanga or Freitas?

Hello all! Long time lurker here.

I am getting very close to making a decision on a surgeon for my transplant. I have narrowed it down between Bisanga and Freitas.

I have consulted with both (Bisanga in person and Freitas online) and both gave me an estimate of 2400-2500 grafts to fill in the temples and conservative lowering the hairline.  

I am 36 (37 in May)

NW 3, Medium fine hair, and donor density 75/75/80 Average - 77 

So, the question is: from a pure aesthetic point of view, which surgeon would you choose if you were me?

IMG_5782.jpg

IMG_5783.jpg

IMG_5784.jpg

IMG_5785.jpg

Just now, JohnnyR said:

Both great surgeons.

If money is not important, I would personally prefer bisanga. But only because I can be in brussels in 4 hours by bus.

Ok, money, logistics, and any other factors aside you would still choose Bisanga?

Just seeking opinions on which surgeon you would choose if you were in my shoes.

They are both top surgeons, but between the two I would choose Bisanga, only for the fact that I have seen more real testimonies here, not just those published by the clinic as De Freitas.

• Like 1

• Administrators

They’re both excellent surgeons. I always say when results and quality is equal let cost and convenience be the deciding factor.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I think I overall prefer de freitas’s clinic posted results, however this could also be down to the superior marketing strategy he adopts , their videos and thread presentations are very good. 

However Bisanga has a lot more patient posted results that I have came across , so for me , unless I went out my way to scan through the Spanish forums for more patient posted results from de Freitas, I’d opt for Bisanga purely based off the larger volume of real reviews I had seen. 

The fact you have had an in person consult with Bisanga would also lean me more towards him, as he’s already had a good chance to look at what he’s got to work with - de Freitas could decide to go a different route on the day of surgery if it is the first time you have seen him. 

• Like 1

On 11/1/2021 at 7:17 PM, andrewfaliro said:

Ok, money, logistics, and any other factors aside you would still choose Bisanga?

Considering this, I think here is just a matter of who's results were more impressive to you. Who does the more suitable/aesthetic hairlines in your opinion, maybe not using so much of your donor, who has better post-op assistance, etc. The hairlines that De Freitas does look very good to me (so I chose to book with him) but also price and logistic were in his favor.

• Like 1

It's your first transplant and your donor looks great. I also vote for De Freitas because I love his hairlines.

I would make this personal observation... I have not seen any examples of repair work by De Freitas. If you were going for your second/third procedure, needed to correct a poor transplant, or needed someone who could manage your donor, I would choose Bisanga. He does some hard cases (as does Dr. Mwamba). He also speaks English, not sure about De Freitas. 

In your case, you can't fail with these two doctors. 

• Like 1