The Pros and Cons To FUE and FUT

• Administrators

• Like 6

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, Guanyu76 said:

Isn't another pro of FUT and increased number of lifetime grafts, not just 1 sitting? IMO that would be biggest pro.

That was my last point, when you go FUT first and strip out and then go FUE, you get approximately 2-3k more grafts than just FUT or FUE alone. For those who want the maximum amount of hair it’s worth considering.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

While I know one should not necessarily approach surgery in this manner, when I look at the possibilities of homogenous depletion of the donor like in the case of @mustang, I wonder whether he would have been able to harvest as many grafts (10k I believe) as he did if he went the FUT route.

With the addition of BHT to the donor and SMP, @mustang donor literally looks untouched!

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Tao said:

2 FUTs and one FUE was my route and that definitely maximized the number of grafts I could use.  Good video, Melvin!

You’re living proof, you can still do BHT if you ever had too as well.

View my thread

• Administrators
1 hour ago, SLA said:

While I know one should not necessarily approach surgery in this manner, when I look at the possibilities of homogenous depletion of the donor like in the case of @mustang, I wonder whether he would have been able to harvest as many grafts (10k I believe) as he did if he went the FUT route.

With the addition of BHT to the donor and SMP, @mustang donor literally looks untouched!

It all depends on scalp elasticity. He may have been able to get a similar number and in turn get BHT and smp to the strip scar. Would it look as good though is the real question.

• Like 1

View my thread

• 7 months later...
  • Administrators

Lets get some FUE and FUT patients join in @Raphael84 had both.

View my thread