Norwood 7 results from SMP aka scalp micropigmentation

1 hour ago, follically challenged said:

Did you doctor the image? It looks somewhat photoshopped...

It's in portrait mode with vignette corners to give it a dramatic effect. Here is a photo without those on, you can see the irritation on the skin from procedure. Screenshot_20211025-075050_Gallery.thumb.jpg.58c5696cb969e141239845b73626ae5f.jpg

Big improvement from nw7, he's got a good head and face shape too esp with the beard framing it. This is a great example of a guy that would otherwise come on here devastated asking about getting on hair loss meds and whether his donor looks good enough to fill in everything on top. At the end of the day we can never answer them with certainty esp when the loss is this aggressive and early. Just try to convey that its a long expensive dice throw, and to stack the odds in their favor as much as possible by choosing one the best doctors they learn about here.

I'm curious about this temple point area here. Its a very difficult area to address with hair transplants because you have to get the hair angling right, and the hairs are usually finer towards the front too, so sometimes they need to be pulled from the nape of the neck or other body areas if the scalp doesn't have any the doctor can find and pull with FUE. Do you find it more difficult than the top to do with SMP too? And if a customer doesn't mention it or say that they are bothered by it, do you bring it up?

image.png.7dc8a0c7ea83d186f28dbdc92561d535.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ciaus said:

Big improvement from nw7, he's got a good head and face shape too esp with the beard framing it. This is a great example of a guy that would otherwise come on here devastated asking about getting on hair loss meds and whether his donor looks good enough to fill in everything on top. At the end of the day we can never answer them with certainty esp when the loss is this aggressive and early. Just try to convey that its a long expensive dice throw, and to stack the odds in their favor as much as possible by choosing one the best doctors they learn about here.

I'm curious about this temple point area here. Its a very difficult area to address with hair transplants because you have to get the hair angling right, and the hairs are usually finer towards the front too, so sometimes they need to be pulled from the nape of the neck or other body areas if the scalp doesn't have any the doctor can find and pull with FUE. Do you find it more difficult than the top to do with SMP too? And if a customer doesn't mention it or say that they are bothered by it, do you bring it up?

image.png.7dc8a0c7ea83d186f28dbdc92561d535.png

This all comes down to the artist. I personally prefer to keep the temples as natural and subtle as possible. There's a very fine line with over doing it. When most ppl shave their head they aren't going to have a dense hue on their temples, more so a gradient effect as you see above. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EnhancedScalp said:

This all comes down to the artist. I personally prefer to keep the temples as natural and subtle as possible. There's a very fine line with over doing it. When most ppl shave their head they aren't going to have a dense hue on their temples, more so a gradient effect as you see above. 

That's an interesting point, those finer hairs and less natural density don't create as much of the 'shadowing' effect under the skin in that area. 

1 minute ago, ciaus said:

That's an interesting point, those finer hairs and less natural density don't create as much of the 'shadowing' effect under the skin in that area. 

Exactly. If I client requests it how some other artist do it I will refuse. 99% of the time they trust my judgement. 

6 minutes ago, follically challenged said:

How to work with fine, blonde haired patients? I presume the dark ink wouldn't blend so well...? Do you use yellow ink or something?

Most hairs shaved to stubble is shades of grey. We would go the lightest shade possible,light pressure and build density to create fullness. Possibly using browns. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

I agree the images shouldn’t have any filters. Filters may distort how the results actually look.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I agree the images shouldn’t have any filters. Filters may distort how the results actually look.

As mentioned, there wasn't any filters. It's lighting. 

Here is another one. 100% untouched. 

JPEG_20211025_135323_6835713515416128503.jpg

Edited by EnhancedScalp
  • Like 1