Feriduni OR Bisanga for FUE

Balboa

im still gathering info on as many docs as possible and would like to know who you guys think is better for Fue.

i havent seen much from Feriduni

and there isnt a great amount of BHR results either i found about 7 for BHR alltogther.

theres one thing thats bugging me:

i spoke to BHRs U.K rep a couple of days ago and asked various questions. the answer that stood out the most was the fact that he says bisanga gets 97% yeild from FUE and it kind of reminded me of Armani. he did imply that if done correctly that there would be no diffrence in yeild than strip. this worried me a little and has sort of put me off for the moment. i asked if they use antioxidents or just standard saline solution on the extracted grafts and the answer was saline. i may be being picky but im trying to find a clinic that tacles all angels as far as graft survival rate.

On the possitive note they dont use a motorised tool for extracting the grafts.

tell me what you guys think

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

Balb,

A couple of things...one, I agree that a 97% blanket statement regarding yield is a red flag, and I would want a further clarification on this. Since Dr. Bisanga has yet to have elected to get a fair viewing from the forum and share their results and philosophies, it's difficult to really say for sure *just* what "97%" means. I would ask them just that, though -- do they mean that 97% yield is basically what they get on average, and, as such, it is what *you* yourself *should* expect...(?)

I'd ask that, for sure. You may also want to talk with Stingray and Sparky who either have or are going for FUE with Bisanga.

All this said, I've seen really good mega-session FUE from Bisanga, and from my knowledge he is the rare doctor who performs that "mega session" FUE who I myself might consider.

Spex and Bspot/Jason also seems to know about Bisanga from their involvement in hair transplantation, and while they are with Feller and SMG, I am sure they would be willing to help you out, and give you general advice, re: FUE.

How many grafts are you looking to get?

Your answer may go a long ways in zeroing in on the list of docs you should seriously consider. FUE is so specialized, and there is such variability at the same time, your graft target might really favor one doc over another.

Also, based off your graft target, I would 100% ask for various, well documented results from respective clinics that are of FUE cases and are in, or exceed, your graft target.

Def consult with Feriduni if you have yet to, and I'd ask these types of questions; also, DevRoye would be a good person to consult with.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Originally posted by Balboa:

im still gathering info on as many docs as possible and would like to know who you guys think is better for Fue.

i havent seen much from Feriduni

and there isnt a great amount of BHR results either i found about 7 for BHR alltogther.

theres one thing thats bugging me:

i spoke to BHRs U.K rep a couple of days ago and asked various questions. the answer that stood out the most was the fact that he says bisanga gets 97% yeild from FUE and it kind of reminded me of Armani. he did imply that if done correctly that there would be no diffrence in yeild than strip. this worried me a little and has sort of put me off for the moment. i asked if they use antioxidents or just standard saline solution on the extracted grafts and the answer was saline. i may be being picky but im trying to find a clinic that tacles all angels as far as graft survival rate.

On the possitive note they dont use a motorised tool for extracting the grafts.

tell me what you guys think

I just don't know what to think of a doctor saying he gets 97% yield.

Would H&W say this? Maybe they do, but I don't think any doctor would/should make such a statement, because quite frankly, I doubt it could be true.

97% seems to be astronomically high. When I went to Umar he said 80% on AVERAGE. That also may not be true as an average, but it seems a lot more reasonable (while still optimistic) than 97%.

Personally, my mindset was to prepare (as in picking the right doctor for me) and hope for the best and expect the worst - the worst being, the low end of the bell curve when it comes to yield.

For instance, if my goal was 40 hairs per cm2. and I only got 60% yield, but they were placed at 66 cm2, then I would get 40 cm2 results.

If I hit the 80% "average" even better.

But especially after your last result, I think setting reasonable expectations would benefit you greatly.

thanks for the replys i think i will have to email BHR direct rather than there UK rep and see what they say.

im only looking for a small session to begin with maybe 250 graft to test the water so to speak. i refuse to go anything higher than this becuase i feel with 250 i can monitor growth. if succsessfull then i will go back for more when and if needed. my main concern over anything is scarring, i have a long road ahead of me as far as finding a solution. firstly i will ger the low side fued out. then will see how it heals and look into skin resurfacing. but i cant see those scars being a simple task to treat and the transplant itself should be the easy part.

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

hi ws7 thanks for the recomendation but im only sticking with the well known docs that have allot of examples on to view. cheers

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

Originally posted by windjc:

I just don't know what to think of a doctor saying he gets 97% yield.

Would H&W say this? Maybe they do, but I don't think any doctor would/should make such a statement, because quite frankly, I doubt it could be true.

97% seems to be astronomically high. When I went to Umar he said 80% on AVERAGE. That also may not be true as an average, but it seems a lot more reasonable (while still optimistic) than 97%.

Personally, my mindset was to prepare (as in picking the right doctor for me) and hope for the best and expect the worst - the worst being, the low end of the bell curve when it comes to yield.

For instance, if my goal was 40 hairs per cm2. and I only got 60% yield, but they were placed at 66 cm2, then I would get 40 cm2 results.

If I hit the 80% "average" even better.

But especially after your last result, I think setting reasonable expectations would benefit you greatly.

You can't overstate the importance of making the distinction between FUE and FUT. Bisanga may very well have meant that he typically gets 97% yield, but that statement is lightyears away from being comparable with H&W and their near-100% yield, and growth guarantee.

97% does seem astronomically high for FUE, if it was intended to be something of a guarantee or what he expects every patient who walks in to get.

Making a "guarantee" or concrete expectation on what someone's yield should be with FUE seems difficult if not impossible regardless, no what # is thrown out.

Balb, when you find out what Bisanga meant by the 97% remark def let us know. I'm really interested as to what was meant.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

i did email bhr direct asking for clarification and my concerns with what the u.k rep told me. as of yet still no reply. i sent the email 4 days ago

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

Hi Balboa, since you are trying to gather more information about Bisanga I thought I'd mention that there is an Italian forum run by Bola (you might recognize the username from HLH) which has a very good gallery section. I can't read Italian so I just check the gallery regularly and there are a lof of FUE results from Bisanga, Keser, HDC

I am in no way affiliated with that forum, it's just that it's the other forum that I check regularly along with this one.

Perhaps you are already aware of it.

I am hesitant to provide a link for fear of violating forum rules, even though I don't think it would be considered a competitor since it is Italian.

If you google 'bola' 'forumfree' you should find it. I hope Bill doesn't mind me posting this

thanks ill check that out. i wont regognise any names from HLH becuase i dont bother with that forum as they dont let me talk about my results.

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

just got email back. they did infact reply to me stright away but i did not get it for some reason. they have sent it again and i got it ok this time icon_smile.gif

i think this reply is much clearer and allot better. i can post the email but i have removed the links to the pictures they sent me of repair cases as they asked me not to post those pics anywhere and i wont post them if they asked me not to. icon_smile.gif

i dont think they will mind me posting the email so here it is

Your email has been passed on to me from my French speaking advisor, we spoke a few months ago via email, nice to hear from you, obviously very sorry for the situation you are in, I can imagine it has been a long year for you. I know you spoke to Stephen earlier in the week and you asked him some questions about HT in general and obviously your situation.

In respect of FUE and yield; FUE is technically a very demanding technique, Dr. Bisanga has been practicing FUE longer than the vast majority of doctors out there, we do not make a large presence on the forums, although we do try and post as much educational information as we can, hoping it will inform people as to the ups and downs of the FUE technique. FUE is much harder to perform than FUT and does potentially have more concerns in respect of transection and yield compared to FUT but that does not mean it cannot be performed well and to the highest standards to compare to FUT. For example when we advise a person of graft numbers we personally do not increase the quoted number for FUE to compensate for a lower yield, the quoted numbers will be the same.

We cannot obviously speak for other doctors and what they consider to be a good transection or yield, we at all times try to assess and monitor our work to ensure high standards. Maybe Dr. Bisanga has more experience or generally a greater understanding, so understands more the scalp to follicle changes that occur so his technique is more efficient. He has over the years changed and improved his technique to lower transection rates, improve yield, reduce the punch diameter he uses and the visible scarring that is left, the majority of his work is FUE now so is performing almost daily, the other is obviously FUT work and generally much larger cases, 4000 plus grafts.

We have many well documented FUE cases you can see, repair cases also, I will put a few links for you and you can also go to our photobucket to see more cases generally: Please do not post these cases anywhere as some of our patients are happy for us to share pictures but do not want them on the forums or internet in general, thanks for your understanding.

LINKS REMOVED SORRY YOU WILL HAVE TO ASK BHR YOURSELF

Repair cases can hold a great deal of complications, I saw a post from Janna of SMG on your situation and she spoke a lot of sense to you. The road of repair can be long and clear priorities are required to ensure you and the doctor understand what you want and what can be achieved. Also, unfortunately it may not always be possible to reach your goals and if that is the case you must first come to terms and understand this before starting the repair. An impaired scalp can act very differently to a virgin scalp, growth rates, yiled, hair quality can all change when placing into impaired tissue, so any figures that were quoted would not necessarily reflect your situation anyway. Before you do anything I would suggest you meet up with a few doctors in person, have them assess your donor area and recipient, relay your goals and expectations to them and see what they say; I am sure you may get differeing comments but it will allow you to form a rounded opinion yourself. We do not claim to be miracle workers, you will hear people say no one can bat 100% all the time, and this is true to a degree, but we hope our work speaks for itself in terms of consistent high yield, donor quality and natural results, we cannot speak for what other doctors are doing or what they feel is good, bad or possible.

Hopefully we can meet in the coming months, you are welcome to Brussels anytime mutually convenient, you can meet Stephen actually in Brussels or the UK and see his FUE work by Dr. Bisanga; we do intent to be in London early part of next year so if you can not get to Brussels you can meet Dr. Bisanga then and he can take a quality look at your situation. I hope this helps, I look forward to any questions you may have and hearing from you soon if you feel we can help you I can assure you of openess and transparency and your best interests will always be our priority.

Regards,

Philip

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

If you meet Stephen who works for Dr Bisanga, and see his hair, you could believe all this talk about 97% because his hair looks mint, you cant see where the hair was taken from, he was a very diffuse NW6 and now hes a NW1 all with fue, and no stupid strip scar.

What do you mean Philip isn't a rep for Dr. Bisanga? Phil works for Dr. Bisanga, thus he represents him.

There is a Stephen who is the uk representative and there is Philip also, im not sure where he is based but he is english.

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily

I was just saying they arent reps the way that people think about reps. Example:- Norton had a rep, because he struck me as a wideboy door to door salesman, I know that Stephen is a representative and that Phil is a manager of some sort.

To me "rep" doesnt mean the same as "representative" ok.

Sparky, does Dr. Bisanga have a gallery of patients, and are some of them willing to show their results in person.

Stephen, Joetronic and Spex have great results. They represent the companies they work for. Its a business, never lose sight of that.