What is a normal daily hair shedding count ?

10-20 a day is definitely on the low end.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

On 10/16/2021 at 9:45 PM, Gokuhairline said:

alright cool...normal when hands are run through the head and a few shed/fall ?

Perfectly normal.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

• Administrators

100 hairs is normal 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Individuals that have high densities will notice more and it also depends on how frequent one is brushing their hair throughout the day.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Was going to start a new thread but found this while searching and thought it would be better to post here rather..

I’m curious about shedding stages too, is it good to “accelerate” the process by massaging the scalp, etc? Gently of course. I’ve been using sea buckthorn oil and washing hair every other day or so. Also curious about cutting my hair/native hairs around during shedding, is it a good way to camouflage just buzzing it with a 1 or 2 every week until shedding decreases (I’m a month post op, so not sure how long shedding stage will last?) also I’ll be posting a new topic about my procedure with Dr Nader, it went very well! 

• Like 1

On 10/26/2021 at 8:50 PM, Kjdrapeau said:

Was going to start a new thread but found this while searching and thought it would be better to post here rather..

I’m curious about shedding stages too, is it good to “accelerate” the process by massaging the scalp, etc? Gently of course. I’ve been using sea buckthorn oil and washing hair every other day or so. Also curious about cutting my hair/native hairs around during shedding, is it a good way to camouflage just buzzing it with a 1 or 2 every week until shedding decreases (I’m a month post op, so not sure how long shedding stage will last?) also I’ll be posting a new topic about my procedure with Dr Nader, it went very well! 

i was talking about shedding in general not necessarily the shedding associated with post FUE....i think it can range from a couple to 10-20? not sure, thats how mine went...how was you experience with dr nader? make a thread about it. 

While they always say that we shed about 100 hairs a day, I can't for the life of me see how that's possible. If I'm shedding that much, I have no idea where they go, as I don't find them on my pillow, in the shower, in the drain, or anywhere really. Lol.

I did have an ex once whose hair did shed in a way that it felt like 100 a day. Mine just seem to evaporate. ;)

• Like 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56