Looking for input on my situation please

1 hour ago, Portugal25 said:

@Quanstan you hairloss is progressing and will continue evolving unless you start taking Finasteride every other day. Doctors focused of getting you the best possible outcome will probably ask you to be on Finasteride 6 months prior to surgery. 

You should be looking at upwards 4000 grafts to rebuild your frontal hairline along with the midscalp and part of the crown.

It’s great that you have become aware of the Turkish Hairmills and will hopefully stay clear of the world capital of botched HT that is Turkey. 

Why have you gone from 16k clinic in the US to considering a low cost Doctor in Turkey?

I highly advise to invest more in your surgery and book a Doctor doing the whole surgery with real patients posting consistent great results at HRN (and other foruns).

Dr. Ximena Villa, Dr. Bruno Pinto and Dr. Bruno Ferreira are in my opinion the best for the price they charge. 

Take a look at my table explaining the difference in prices / technique and Doctor involvement in the surgery:

Wish you all the best with surgery.

Clinicana was one of the first places that caught my eye and my initial excitement with the price difference got the better of me, glad I found this forum! I have no qualms spending more for better quality care. Thank you very much for the doctor suggestions and extremely informative table! That will definitely help in my search.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnAC71 said:

I can agree on that. We don’t want another Dr drifting to the hair mill territory like so many others. That would only leave Dr Bicer as forum recommended 😂

But I am also maybe special in that case than some other people, but I felt more safe when Dr Yaman was in the room. The techs were not the same, it was more a 9-5 job for them it felt like.

Thats why in my opinion it is worth more to pay Demirsoy 1,25 euro per graft to know he only do 1 per day, he does incisions, he does extractions, which in conclusion means that he will almost all the time be there with you.

For me I would pay extra for that, but now after the first procedure I know, its difficult I think for alot of people to understand this aspect before they are laying in the chair with two techs working on them in X hair mill in Turkey and they just want to run.

2 minutes ago, digi23 said:

But I am also maybe special in that case than some other people, but I felt more safe when Dr Yaman was in the room. The techs were not the same, it was more a 9-5 job for them it felt like.

Thats why in my opinion it is worth more to pay Demirsoy 1,25 euro per graft to know he only do 1 per day, he does incisions, he does extractions, which in conclusion means that he will almost all the time be there with you.

For me I would pay extra for that, but now after the first procedure I know, its difficult I think for alot of people to understand this aspect before they are laying in the chair with two techs working on them in X hair mill in Turkey and they just want to run.

I totally get you because I had Dr. Pekiner sitting next to me for 3 whole days from 09am to 18pm and it’s a very different experience when you can speak with your Doctor whenever you want during the whole day and keep tabs on the progress of the surgery. 
For this reason I will never be able to have surgery without having the Doctor by my side controlling the whole surgery and solely focused on my results.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, digi23 said:

Dr Bicer is a very good option for those reasons in particular! And her pricing for auto FUE is particularly competitive. Let’s face facts all these Drs are better than the hair mills. All we can do is give people options based on our collective experiences. If only the recommended list could be expanded, I would like to see Demirsoy added at least. As well as the top options of HLC + Pekiner 

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 1

For TS: If you are looking for Turkey Drs, I think Dr Bicer is the most caring Dr I have been following. She do really care about you in the chair and she do really care about you after the procedure. 1,5 euro per graft is her current price.

For a good option which is a little bit cheaper Dr Demirsoy. 1,25 euro per graft.

• Like 1

Thank you all so much for the valuable input! I will begin looking into these doctors and techniques and reach out to see what my best option is for this important decision. And I will let you know if I have any further questions. 👍

• Like 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Legend007 said:

$16,000 for 3500 grafts in the USA is a bargain .. therefore I wouldn’t go there

That comes to $4.57 per graft which is a proper price in the USA for FUT.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

He’s talking about FUE.

but yeah FUT is usually 40 percent less than FUE and worth the cost .. it just depends on your situation.. 

FUT would of been great for me , I kept my hair longer.. would of saved me $8k for the same result .. 

14 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Have you contacted Dr. Arocha in Houston? Let me tag his representative @LaserCaps and @ArochaAngel4247

Thanks Melvin,

Seems you still have a lot of native hair - which hasn't left the building.  The modalities we typically refer to when dealing with this debilitating condition are Finasteride, Minoxidil, PRP and Laser.  Meds tend to be most effective towards the midback and back. Taking this into account perhaps you could consider......

The are a few concepts involved in all of this.  First, donor limitation.  In an advanced pattern it is likely there will not be enough donor to allow for a full set of hair.

If you've shown the propensity to lose, you will continue losing.

Hair in the front typically grows forward at an angle.  So does the hair in the mid scalp.  In the crown however, we all share a whirl. It is be weakest point for all of us.  

It is important to be age appropriate and pattern appropriate work,

So, when you interact with people - what do you see?  Typically the front.  When you see yourself in the mirror - what do you see? The front.  Thus, working the frontal area will always serve you well.  If you are thin in the back, given the pattern you are showing, it will only add to the naturalness.  Why not allow meds to work that area in the meantime? A year later, if you are happy with the results in the front, you can then work farther back into the pattern, (understanding you will need to stay on the meds if they're working).

This approach would allow you to do this on a step by step basis.  

So my question at this point would be, what are your goals? What are you trying to accomplish?

How do you like to style your hair? Do you prefer long or short?

How do you feel about the use of meds long term?

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.