Freitas and Ferreira, other Euro recommendations.

Hello all,

First I want to thank you all that contribute to making this forum encouraging for lurkers like me. I am 43 years old and my hair loss has been consistent for 15 years but comes in phases. The most recent of which since April has been the most noticeable in my crown and midsection of the head. I tried propecia but it gave me ED and rogaine made my scalp itch. I intend to do as many HTs I can, subject to donor limitations. 

I want to fill in my crown which has been getting worse over the course of the year as well as create a denser hairline. 2500 - 3000 grafts seem to be what most doctors recommended, with 2000 just for the front. I was considering a HT in the US earlier in the year with Konior, but he had a long waitlist. Then I had to move back to London for most of the year and probably another 6 months, so I want to pull the trigger on a HT whilst I am in Europe. Many friends on this side of the pond and in Germany are recommending Turkey. I am sure there are probably some excellent doctors but I have heard so many horror stories there. 

I like the work I have seen by Dr. Freitas or Dr. Ferreira. How would you rate them and are there any others in western Europe anyone recommends highly. Couto looks good but the waitlist is in the years, I want to be done ASAP. Appreciate all your comments and suggestions. Thanks!

BTW I remember seeing a chart on one of the topic discussions where someone had posted a table with the best doctors and their techniques and prices. Anyone know where that is? please?

2487D27B-ABAB-4B75-86C1-16AA923ACDD0.thumb.jpeg.0e857a73eca1a752672f7e7d49427d8a.jpeg949E9004-9D31-4977-B83C-3CA093265CD1.thumb.jpeg.37996de128d0b98601b88d78abc96294.jpeg9ACF8212-1258-4E43-A8FD-5E15AB9F56AD.thumb.jpeg.0339d70feb513241465e2b255d36d40d.jpeg02BCC270-523F-4E9F-9D45-81809BB8F09A.thumb.jpeg.8c2fdac08b6b1060ad787471a048efae.jpeg1427692598_unnamed(4).thumb.jpg.87d87133687118c62cfd378488a69410.jpg1117889645_unnamed(1).thumb.jpg.06e266a8d6dcaeed447f083a1e09f774.jpgunnamed.thumb.jpg.0ada873826df4308dc182eaa47d6bd58.jpg932029263_unnamed(2).thumb.jpg.66c911ea590e55a9301b06f566a4acdc.jpg1427692598_unnamed(4).thumb.jpg.87d87133687118c62cfd378488a69410.jpg2487D27B-ABAB-4B75-86C1-16AA923ACDD0.thumb.jpeg.0e857a73eca1a752672f7e7d49427d8a.jpeg

• Administrators

Here’s our full list, but definitely recommend Dr. Bisanga and Feriduni as well in Europe. Take a look and submit some virtual consultations.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp?sr=HRN-MOB

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

18 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

Both are excellent considerations. Could just be down to who’s work you prefer. For me Freitas is doing some of the best hairlines I have ever seen. 

He does indeed. I am just concerned that he does so many surgeries per day, 4 seems quite a lot, which leads me to think its very tech driven. Whereas, Ferreira does everything himself and just the 1 patient

7 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Here’s our full list, but definitely recommend Dr. Bisanga and Feriduni as well in Europe. Take a look and submit some virtual consultations.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp?sr=HRN-MOB

Thanks Melvin. I reached out to Feriduni (never responded) and Bisanga before. I just felt the forums seem to indicate stick & place and DHI over pre made slits. What are your thoughts here? 

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, baronempire said:

Thanks Melvin. I reached out to Feriduni (never responded) and Bisanga before. I just felt the forums seem to indicate stick & place and DHI over pre made slits. What are your thoughts here? 

Let me tag @L0ke who represents Feriduni and @Raphael84 who represents Bisanga. 

There’s some benefits to DHI and stick and place. However, the technique alone doesn’t guarantee better results, it’s better to judge the clinic as whole, as opposed to techniques.

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, baronempire said:

I have finally got my surgery date set with Dr. Freitas in Spain. 6 weeks to go! Thank you all for your comments and suggestions.

Wow, did Freitas have a cancellation? You were able to get a surgery date pretty quickly with him it seems. 

• Administrators
19 hours ago, baronempire said:

I have finally got my surgery date set with Dr. Freitas in Spain. 6 weeks to go! Thank you all for your comments and suggestions.

Great choice, please create a thread I would love to follow your progress.

View my thread

20 hours ago, baronempire said:

Wow did you get a cancellation? 

My hair transplant Journey with Dr. Freitas

• 2 weeks later...

What's with this recent trend of allegedly super booked up doctors having sudden cancellations and giving a surgery slot to new consults? Shouldn't the doc's schedulers be offering those slots to people already booked and on their cancellation list?

47 minutes ago, PizzaWolf said:

What's with this recent trend of allegedly super booked up doctors having sudden cancellations and giving a surgery slot to new consults? Shouldn't the doc's schedulers be offering those slots to people already booked and on their cancellation list?

I cannot say if its a trend per se, but some people who are due to get a hair transplant specifically schedule a certain date in order to fit around their work, holiday allowances etc. and do not want to always take up an earlier cancellation because it doesn't align with their schedule. Some may do so, and i'm sure maybe the clinic might be open to offering existing bookings the earlier date but let's just go on the assumption that the clinic is trying to maximise its revenue. A deposit has already been secured perhaps for that customer and a procedure almost assured. Yet here's a new customer willing to slot into a day where perhaps revenue is seen as being lost if they cannot fill it and its perhaps wiser to do so with a new customer willing to move into this early short notice slot. 

I dunno, it's just one angle. At the end of the day, it always comes down imo to the fact these places are businesses first and foremost. Expanding through word of mouth and positive reviews is admirable but its all in pursuit of maximum revenue too. 

• Like 1

@NARMAKI'm sure you're right about it being a business/revenue issue, but that doesn't excuse it being disrespectful to the people who are already scheduled with these clinics and their long wait lists, which are also being artificially bloated to some extent by doing this.

50 minutes ago, PizzaWolf said:

@NARMAKI'm sure you're right about it being a business/revenue issue, but that doesn't excuse it being disrespectful to the people who are already scheduled with these clinics and their long wait lists, which are also being artificially bloated to some extent by doing this.

Well, i guess it's a case of them basically staying schtum about it generally and if asked, they can blend the answer to where not many people can say much. 

I think it's also more that demand for "normal" pricing/bookings is what's taking up 2 years etc. but a doctor may deliberately leave some flexibility for very deep pocket individuals to be booked in at a moments notice too when they're willing to pay through the nose. 

For doctors that do 2-4 patients a day, I also think the type of patient and amount of work needed plays a part. If the other patients on that day need 3,500 grafts and a 1,200 graft patient cancels, they need to find a similar case to fill it rather than adding in another 3,000+ graft patient.

15 hours ago, baronempire said:

Yes, I followed up with them every week and was lucky to have a cancellation in June. 

Congratulations! Freitas is fantastic and you will get an amazing result for sure. 

When di you have your consultation and how was it? How many grafts you going for? 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi - this is from the doctor. Consult was last year.

3.000 follicles (6.000 hairs approx.). That will be implanted in the indicated frontal area, the central area and the entrances

This intervention would be performed on 2 consecutive days.