FUE Hattingen Sept 2021 - 4090 Grafts

Rooter

Your wish should be granted, was planning for an update anyways. No good progress so far I am really not happy. A little bit over 6 months and I am quite frustrated. No real progress over the last months per my view, I know however that might be subjective. I would have really expected more now at this time but understand there are late growers and / or some progress pictures seen here from others doesnt mean its the same path for everyone.

Still, for the life of me I can not understand why this didnt work well so far. Healing was fine, Donor was great, no extensive shedding, no lost grafts, very rigoros aftercare,  just using baby shampoo and so forth. Yes our bodies are not predictable but I just dont understand what a biological reason could be that my body rejected like over 60% or more of the grafts. (if they got rejected, maybe they are still in sleeping phase). I have no magnifying glass at home, planning to buy one to maybe see some more tiny dots sprouting I hope so. The left side is particularly bad compared to the right side and oh boy do I hate the bald spot in the middle - that was my main reason actually I wanted a transplant to cover the damn bald spot in the middle.

Quite a big area, or even the full area hard to tell, of the middle area is still numb. There is some sort of nerve damage I guess, maybe thats also the reason for the lack of growth. Nerve damage can take a longer time to heal so I have to wait here as well per my understanding, wouldnt know what to do anyways. (i dont think there is a treatment for nerve damage on the scalp)

Despite being frustrated at least I can do an "ok" comb over as I had enough thick remaining hair (I dont run around like you see in the pictures, combed over its ok but if wind is blowing it sucks)

Honestly I dont look in the mirror to often the recent weeks, I have to wait anyways for the full 12 months and then check what the next steps are. PS I do still not take medication and will not.

Waiting game continues... 

PXL_20220330_150733647.MP.jpg

PXL_20220330_150746811.MP.jpg

PXL_20220330_150758914.MP.jpg

PXL_20220330_152605991.MP.jpg

Are you taking Finasteride or oral Minoxidil (sorry it already posted)? 

There is still another 6 months to go and some people are late growers.

I'm sure there are examples of people in a similar situation at 6 months who ended up with a positive result. 

Hang in there man, I know it must be really frustrating but I think you will be one of the gate growers.
On another note, I looked through all your post, but all the pictures I find are very low quality. It is not really helpful for us to see what is going on there with the picture qualities that you have. So if possible next time maybe take different angles of picture with a better clarity for us to comment more.

Thanks guys. No, I dont take medication and will not. This was discussed with the clinic, they also clearly said do not take medication its not needed and especially if you are not done with family planning stay clear of it. Yes I know there are different views on this topic but I listen to my gut feeling + getting reassurance from the medical side (clinic) leaves me on this path of "no meds".

On the picture quality, sure I will post better quality next time. Some of the above are quire high res though !  I was also thinking before uploading maybe to put in more effort sorry ;) 

• Administrators

I understand the frustration, believe me, as a patient, 5 months can feel like an eternity, but in reality it’s just the start of the journey for some. 

Check out this video I made specifically for slow growth:

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Just a heads up...

I been on finesteride for years,  I stopped it 2 years ago because I wanted to have another baby, and 6 months later,  my lady was pregnant.   I have a beautiful baby girl that just turned 1 last week.    

But I totally understand if you want to stay away from finesteride,   but you might to reconsider on taking minoxidil.   You already spent the money and started your journey...    Now you should want to try and keep what you have,  and keep your new transplanted hair, because they can fall out too.    Minoxidil will help,  and has no side effects as far as fertility.   It will make a huge difference.  

If your Dr told you that you won't ever need any medication,    then he lied to you.    

Anyways... You are definitely growing, and it only gets better from here.   

Edited by Etownone
  • Like 2

Thanks, i hear what you are saying but minox is ultimately a drug lowering blood pressure and i already have low blood pressure so it's unfortunately a no go for me. Fin has the risk if post Finasterid syndrome, even if small but no one can guarantee i won't get it and it seems like hell from what users report. I don't risk that just for hair. It either works without any meds or i get a wig along the line but at least I tried 😐

• Like 1

Hi

I am planning on going to Hattingen so dug out some threads mentioning them...

It's clear from your original post you are feeling negative about this but trust me - everything is completely normal. You can see the difference in the growth from month 5 to 6. It took me 18 months for my hairline to really 'mature'.......my hair went from a good to great result between 12 months and 18 months. You are where I was at month 6. A LONG WAY TO GO.

And another thing.....you felt the hairline was too receded but it's going to look amazing when grown out. My hairline was ultra conservative in comparison to yours and it turned out great. I am actually jealous about the temple work and the fact your hairline is a U shape whereas mine is a V (I was only 23 so it made sense). 

It's possible your expectations are too high and that you might see problems where there isn't any - but I'm confident that in a year's time you are going to be very very very happy. 

Your write up and comments made me worried initially because it's the first negative stuff I've heard about Hattingen but I feel very reassured by your pics. 

Please keep us updated! 

• Like 1

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

I am an Hattingen patient too, must say, I literally had huge shock loss and before the 6th month mark, there was no regrowth to see at all. 
Anyways, even if I panicked, I was all over the roof, passing the 13th month mark. 

I recently had another transplant and I understand the frustration on that journey, even if I thought I would be prepared this time. 

Oh it wasn't my intention to sound negative about the procedure or the provider yet, I thought I wrote in my posts that i am fully aware i have to wait at least 6 more months. It's still very good to hear these reassuring words !

This is just a progress thread from day 1 along the journey, and yes there is frustration but this goes rather towards that I have a hard time accepting that my personal growth looks so bad when looking at other posts here. Of course everyones physiology is different.

Updating again in due time 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I get not wanting to use fin, but I think it’s worth noting it doesn’t make you infertile. Perhaps stopping it while trying to get pregnant is recommended, but the stuff doesn’t make you infertile. Totally understand not wanting to take fin, though. Just wanted to throw that out there. Hope things are progressing well 

Edited by John1991

• Administrators

Would love to see an update.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 year later...