Hidden gem clinics in Turkey?

Starting this thread to dive down into finding some potential hidden gem clinics in Turkey. Turkey is extremely popular for medical tourism, with over 600 hair transplant clinics just in Istanbul alone(some Google source) and it should be alot of clinics in places like Ankara, Izmir, Antalya aswell. In this forum we are talking about approx 7 clinics in whole Turkey, I think there should be some hidden gems out there.

Turkey is the place for hair mills, but what we are looking for should be the criterias of:

1. Dr involvement, atleast doing incisions, preferably more

2. Maximum 1-3 patients a day, preferably 1

Will be interesting to potentially find a new clinic doing good work. So do you have any ideas of clinics that seem serious that does not have so many reviews on forums yet? I just started my search of this and I thought to make a thread and maybe try to dive down together.

Edited by digi23

@digi23 you are approaching this the wrong way by saying "Clinic" instead of Doctor. In Turkey a clinic is almost always a hairmill with underpaid techs doing surgery on several patients per day with zero to little Doctor involvement.

Hidden Gems exist in Turkey but they are called Doctors and you can find them by looking at their real patients posting great results on online forums.

The sad reality is that you can count hiddens gems in Turkey with one hand because in my opinion it`s just Dr. Pekiner, Dr. Kesser, Dr. Ozgur at HLC and then the two low cost Doctors doing the older technique "pre-made slits" Dr. Demirsoy and Dr. Bicer. Other than these 5 options in Turkey I wouldn`t risk it because Turkey is the world capital of botched hair transplants.

Edited by Portugal25

4 hours ago, Portugal25 said:

@digi23 you are approaching this the wrong way by saying "Clinic" instead of Doctor. In Turkey a clinic is almost always a hairmill with underpaid techs doing surgery on several patients per day with zero to little Doctor involvement.

Hidden Gems exist in Turkey but they are called Doctors and you can find them by looking at their real patients posting great results on online forums.

The sad reality is that you can count hiddens gems in Turkey with one hand because in my opinion it`s just Dr. Pekiner, Dr. Kesser, Dr. Ozgur at HLC and then the two low cost Doctors doing the older technique "pre-made slits" Dr. Demirsoy and Dr. Bicer. Other than these 5 options in Turkey I wouldn`t risk it because Turkey is the world capital of botched hair transplants.

What my intention was to try to find a new Dr Bicer, she is fairly new to atleast this forum, there must be someone out there that might just be known to turkish people at the moment who does 1 surgery per day, not just a few in the whole country. Ofcourse you are correct, the Dr is what we are searching for, but they usually have their own clinic.

When I mean hidden gems, I do not mean the ones who are known doing great work like Keser, Pekiner, HLC etc. One POTENTIALLY hidden gem might be FueCapilar with Dr Gur & Dr Turan but it is not easy to say, we will se in maybe a year or so when they have more reviews.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Portugal25 said:

I think Dr. Bisanga would disagree with you on pre made slits being an “old technique.” He gets some of the best results on this board and recently even stated in a video that implanters can cause more trauma to grafts.

@5BetaReductase I didn’t write that Doctors doing pre-made slits don’t achieve amazing results in fact I simply wrote that it’s a older technique that DHI or stick&place or DHT which is true because pre-made slits was the first FUE technique. 

The best results I have seen are from Doctors doing DHI (Couto, De Freitas) and Stick&Place (Konior) so I tend to lean towards  Doctors with great results that do the whole surgery using these techniques. 

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Portugal25 said:

@5BetaReductase I didn’t write that Doctors doins pre-made slits don’t  achieve amazing results simply that it’s a older technique that DHI or stick&place or DHT which is true because pre-made slits were the first FUE technique. 

The best results I have seen are from Doctors doing DHI (Couto, De Freitas) and Stick&Place (Konior). 

Ok….you made it sound like it’s a second rate technique. “Two low cost doctors that are doing the older technique.”

keep in mind h&w are using the “older technique” as well.

I had the “newer” technique done by Lorenzo who is co-developer of the lion implanter and had sub par growth. It’s all about skill, not the tools. I would hate to have newbies coming on board looking for advice and the tools of the doctor become a deal breaker for them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5BetaReductase said:

Ok….you made it sound like it’s a second rate technique. “Two low cost doctors that are doing the older technique.”

keep in mind h&w are using the “older technique” as well.

I had the “newer” technique done by Lorenzo who is co-developer of the lion implanter and had sub par growth. It’s all about skill, not the tools. I would hate to have newbies coming on board looking for advice and the tools of the doctor become a deal breaker for them.

@5BetaReductaseI’m sad to hear you had subpar growth at Dr. Lorenzo.
Do you have a thread with your results?

Dr. Lorenzo is considered one of the best in the world and a authority on patients with DUPA so it’s rare to see a unhappy patient from his clinic. 

It would be great if you could share a thread with your experience.

Thanks.