Good clinics near Istanbul airport (IST)

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knows of a reputable clinic that offers a driving service within distance of the IST airport. Reason why I'm asking is that I'm sort of stuck using British Airways cause of a voucher I was given when I canceled a transplant appointment last year. At the time, the U.S. embassy mentioned a possible terror threat/kidnapping situation so I felt a little uneasy proceeding. I would prefer to be able to land in SAW where most of the reputable clinics are near, but then the voucher can't be used and its a pretty sizeable amount. I was also thinking about going to India, where BA also flies but the entry requirements and medical visa seem unobtainable. By the time restrictions ease up the voucher will probably already be expired and I'm motivated to get this done by the end of this year.

I'm also open to traveling to other countries but I must admit I'm a bit price conscious. Need about 3000-3500 grafts and anything hovering around the lower/mid grade prices of Eugenix would be good. This is sort of a shot in the dark question, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ok so please show us some pics of your current situation and possible Norwood level. Also age and some more information about yourself.

You may have escaped a poor procedure already as Turkey is about 99.9% hair mills. Which was the clinic you chose before ? Please consider that in Turkey the only Clinics we normally advise are Dr Bicer, Dr Pekiner, Dr Keser and HLC. Or the more budget options that still have good results are Dr Demirsoy and Dr Yaman. ASMED if your choosing the top option where Dr Erdogan does get involved. 
But if Eugenix will suit your needs better than absolutely choose them instead. 

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 1

• Valued Contributor
14 hours ago, RyGuy said:

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knows of a reputable clinic that offers a driving service within distance of the IST airport. Reason why I'm asking is that I'm sort of stuck using British Airways cause of a voucher I was given when I canceled a transplant appointment last year. At the time, the U.S. embassy mentioned a possible terror threat/kidnapping situation so I felt a little uneasy proceeding. I would prefer to be able to land in SAW where most of the reputable clinics are near, but then the voucher can't be used and its a pretty sizeable amount. I was also thinking about going to India, where BA also flies but the entry requirements and medical visa seem unobtainable. By the time restrictions ease up the voucher will probably already be expired and I'm motivated to get this done by the end of this year.

I'm also open to traveling to other countries but I must admit I'm a bit price conscious. Need about 3000-3500 grafts and anything hovering around the lower/mid grade prices of Eugenix would be good. This is sort of a shot in the dark question, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm sure most clinics will offer a pickup & drop off service to and from the airport. But even if they didn't, why wouldn't you just find a way using public transport/taxi's to your chosen clinic? You're surely not going to limit yourself to clinics based on proximity to a particular airport!?

Also, is obtaining a medical visa from the US to India (seeing as you mentioned it), really unobtainable? India are granting medical e-visa's to US citizens as far as I know, and the US is listed on the Indian e-visa website as being open to applications.

• Like 1

@RyGuy it’s great you missed your HT last year because Turkey is the world capital of botched hair transplants. 
There’s hundreds of hairmills in Turkey and it’s easy to get seduced by their low prices. Then there’s expensive hairmills that spend a lot on Marketing like Asmed that sponsor premier league soccer because they have techs doing over a dozen surgeries per day. 

You would be better off at Eugenix but if Istambul is a must then go to either Demirsoy 1.25€/graft or Bicer 1.50€/graft. 

I recommend you to spend a bit more money and have a Doctor doing your whole surgery with a more evolved technique. Take a look at Dr. Ximena Villa in Madrid at 2.5€/graft and Dr. Bruno Pinto at Porto for 2.45€/graft. They both have dozens of patients posting great results on the Spanish forum.

You can take a look at my table below comparing prices, technique and Doctor involvement in the surgery,

Wish you all the best with your HT.

Hair Docs.jpg

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 1

• Administrators
On 9/25/2021 at 11:35 PM, Egy said:

What?  Is that right? Would  you like to choose a clinic in Turkey based on its near to the airport?  😳

That’s absolutely insane. This is not a taxi service, its your head. My god, I’m shocked at this thread really I am.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I went to Istanbul to "elithair", it's about a 20 minute drive from the airport.
It's important to know that the staff transport you from the airport to the clinic then hotel. :)

I personally stayed 5 days but you can stay for 3 and be on your way. 

1 hour ago, ZeoWorks said:

I went to Istanbul to "elithair", it's about a 20 minute drive from the airport.
It's important to know that the staff transport you from the airport to the clinic then hotel. :)

I personally stayed 5 days but you can stay for 3 and be on your way. 

Elithair is a low cost hair mill. OP could do much better when choosing. Dr Demirsoy and Dr Yaman are the lowest cost options without getting in to hair mill territory. 

• Like 1