creatine ...lets talk

Gokuhairline

so i will begin a 2 maybe 3 month bulk phase and plan on adding 12-15 lbs in that time period.....i am 17 days post FUE.......I was thinking about getting on creatine again, I used to take it on and off over years ago and definitely saw gainz however at that time i did not know about the potentials in hair loss so i didn't really even think about it, i also had a full head and no recession .....so now I am thinking of going back on and taking 5g 3x week mainly on days a lift along with my normal protein shakes and increased calories overall....i know theres some that say yes creatine causes hair loss/ raises test and eventually dht etc etc and then there are those that do not subscribe to that thought.....i am on the latter but wanted to know if anyone had any recent experiences ? I also plan to do it for 2-3 months and then off and cut/lean out. 

We had a convo around this recently: 

Probably fine, there is some evidence to suggest it could cause hairloss, but it's not the most reliable data, doubt it will make any difference but don't risk it if you don't want to take any chances no matter how small they may be. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, londonhairlossvictim said:

So funny just came on this forum section to make the same post - did you decide anything Gokuhairline? 5mg a day?
Especially for us I guess was more my question considering 4-5 weeks post FUE

nope i am going all natural. 

• 1 month later...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7871530/

I found this journal article helpful. Hopefully it helps others. It cites 13 studies done looking at the affects of creatine on testosterone, free testosterone, and DHT. Only one of the 13 studies shows a potential impact on DHT from creatine, if I'm understanding correctly.

• Administrators

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...