My Live Consultation with Dr. Pradeep Sethi and Dr. Arika Bansal September 19th

Just caught up on the video, cudos for doing a consult live! 

Were you uncomfortable at the idea of diffusely extracting from your beard, as you came across a bit uneasy at the prospect of this when Dr Sethi explained his preferred extraction technique for BHT? Personally I would just prefer extractions from under my chin and neck also. 

And have your thoughts now changed about minoxidil being classed as a ‘preventative’ hair loss medication after what Dr Sethi had to say on the matter ? 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Curious25 said:

Just caught up on the video, cudos for doing a consult live! 

Were you uncomfortable at the idea of diffusely extracting from your beard, as you came across a bit uneasy at the prospect of this when Dr Sethi explained his preferred extraction technique for BHT? Personally I would just prefer extractions from under my chin and neck also. 

And have your thoughts now changed about minoxidil being classed as a ‘preventative’ hair loss medication after what Dr Sethi had to say on the matter ? 

I don’t because they admitted they’re not too familiar with oral minoxidil. Will oral minoxidil stop hair loss? No, but it willing significantly delay the process. Dr. Bisanga feels it is a preventative medication, but obviously a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor is beneficial if you can add it without side effects, unfortunately for me it’s not possible. My hair loss hasn’t changed in over 7 years. Will it change? No body can say for sure, but I’m willing to risk it. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

11 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I don’t because they admitted they’re not too familiar with oral minoxidil. Will oral minoxidil stop hair loss? No, but it willing significantly delay the process. Dr. Bisanga feels it is a preventative medication, but obviously a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor is beneficial if you can add it without side effects, unfortunately for me it’s not possible. My hair loss hasn’t changed in over 7 years. Will it change? No body can say for sure, but I’m willing to risk it. 

How about your beard extraction strategy? Are you going to go for the diffusely spread extractions throughout? 

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

How about your beard extraction strategy? Are you going to go for the diffusely spread extractions throughout? 

The plan is to get as much possible under the chin, and if I need more than we will go diffuse in the cheek. I don’t think I’ll need to go to the cheek, as my lower chin area is very dense.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

I think, Eugenix doesn't do FUT at all, correct? They are only specialized in FUE.

If yes, Is there any reason?

1st sitting ~4500-5000 grafts (FUT+FUE+chest), 1st June 2021, India

2nd sitting, FUE ~2850 grafts implanted for crown(primary concern), March 2023

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, deadman said:

I think, Eugenix doesn't do FUT at all, correct? They are only specialized in FUE.

If yes, Is there any reason?

They do not do FUT

View my thread

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

I saw your video on instagram @Melvin- Moderator. Excellent discussion and I learned a little bit more having both Dr Pradeep and Dr Arika chiming in with their own valuable information. 👍

Yes, they both differ slightly in their approach. I feel Dr. Arika is a little more conservative than Dr. Sethi. But together they’re the perfect balance. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Valued Contributor
39 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Yes, they both differ slightly in their approach. I feel Dr. Arika is a little more conservative than Dr. Sethi. But together they’re the perfect balance. 

Yes. That's been my experience exactly.

• Valued Contributor
3 minutes ago, Pilk said:

Considering this clinic more and more.  Appreciate video and the opportunity to see and hear them somewhat in person.  

@Pilkif you get on to YouTube you will be able to examine a massive body of work that they have shared. All the best!

• Like 1

On 9/20/2021 at 5:52 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

They do not do FUT

yes, correct but then researching the facts from internet, it is said that to cover the large area it is often best suited to go with FUT +FUE, as FUT has

-max yield due to minimum graft damage

- gives more grafts per sitting

- Preserve donor area for future sittings

etc etc.

Also the same has been said by Dr Sueet Soni , my only confusion when that's the case, then Eugenix only does FUE when it's not possible to cover large areas with FUE and chances of graft damage are high, are they using some different FUE technology , neograft or something?

Any comments on that guys?

1st sitting ~4500-5000 grafts (FUT+FUE+chest), 1st June 2021, India

2nd sitting, FUE ~2850 grafts implanted for crown(primary concern), March 2023