Hair Transplant | Dr.Vladimir Panine | 2814 Grafts | August 31,2021

Ash1390

Hi All, 
I wanted to give a quick update regarding my procedure with Dr.Panine that happened last week on the 31st of August,2021. The total grafts transplanted were 2814. The breakdown is as follows:
1 hair grafts - 1,306
2 hair grafts - 1187
3 hair grafts - 300
4 hair grafts - 21

Days leading to the Procedure: Stuart from Dr.Panine's office was extremely helpful and was always available to answer any of my questions/comments/concerns. He was very methodical in preparing me for my procedure(writing prescriptions that I need beforehand and following it up with a call to discuss, sharing expectations etc). He was very responsive. He also shared recommendations for places to stay in the area and I ended up picking a hotel that was a stone throw away from the clinic which turned out to be a big plus.

Day of the Procedure: I arrived at the clinic at 830 am and was greeted by one of the assistants' who was super friendly and completed all of the pre-requisites(filling forms, medication pre-surgery, checking vitals, blood work etc). Dr.Panine then arrived and shared the details of the surgery and the duration it would take( this was also shared earlier with me by Stuart so no surprises there). The total surgery took about ~10.5hrs. Pre-surgery Dr.Panine worked with me to construct a hairline that I wanted ...we iterated through it a couple of times and ended up with one that the Dr mentioned was conservative but this is what I had in mind ...I am not super concerned about recession and I feel it looks more natural and suits my facial structure. The doctor put me on local anesthesia and at every point made sure that I was comfortable.The assistant's also made sure that my comfort and care was utmost priority. The extraction took about 4hrs and then they provided me with lunch(thanks Stuart for taking care of this for me)...after with the sorting/creating slits(I think) took another 2hrs. This was followed by placement which took about 3hrs ....Dr.Panine mentioned that it typically takes longer but because I was willing (and wanted to) shave my head(just wanted to see how I look bald)....it helped them(Dr. and one of his assistant's) place the grafts faster.After the surgery, my head was wrapped in bandage and Stuart gave me a ride back to my hotel. For some reason(maybe the drugs) I was wide awake and felt energetic and was able to walk and get myself some dinner and went to bed after watching some trash cookshow tv. Not a whole lot of pain (masked by anesthesia/meds).

Day 1 after Procedure: I felt pretty normal and was able to go about my day 2 day. The surprise for the day was the swelling of my face. Stuart had mentioned that swelling would happen but I was a bit taken aback by the extent of it. The person that stared back at me from the mirror felt like a bruised boxer / extra-terrestrial hybrid. I wanted to laugh out loud but that felt a tad bit weird as well. I met with Stuart and Dr.Panine and they took a look at my head to make sure it all looked good and the bruising was healing. The pain seemed like a headache in the back of the head(extracted area).

Day 2 after Procedure: This was the day with the worst swelling ...it got to a point where my eyes were about completely shut and vision became challenging. I started to get more diligent about icing and and also laying vertical mostly to let gravity be my ally in dealing with the swelling.

Day 3 & Day 4 after Procedure: The swelling is getting better ...it is coming down a bit. Day 3 was the first time I washed my head super carefully with foam (baby shampoo) and luke warm water gently.  This felt pretty good. 

I am planning to add more details into this post as I realize that I may have glossed over some details...the goal here is to help folks considering a procedure  and also provide an honest description of my experience. It will also be great if folks who have tread this path before can provide thoughts/comments/suggestions. 

Again, super grateful for this community and happy and eager to pay it forward.

IMG_5517.JPG

IMG_5518.JPG

IMG_5519.JPG

IMG_5503.JPG

IMG_5504.JPG

IMG_5505.JPG

IMG_5515.JPG

IMG_5516.JPG

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Update 10/09 (after slightly over a month)

what do you folks think? Doesn't look great at this point...but I am hoping (from seeing other cases and hearing from my doctor) that it will get better and soon growth will happen.

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

• Administrators

It looks right on track.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks for sharing @Melvin- Moderator…definitely calms some nerves coming from you. 
I might be violating rule #1 that you set, but I am thinking of getting a fade on the sides as I have to be someone’s date for a wedding coming up…also for rule #2 I tend to sweat a lot at times so don’t want the concealer running down my forehead …is that a thing? Does it happen?

• 3 months later...

6 month Update:

Hi All, 

Just dropping in to provide my 6month update. Curious to know what you all think! I am happy with the progress so far and I am hoping to see more growth *fingers crossed*

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Ash1390 said:

@JC71 @Melvin- Moderator@Dr. Suhail Khokhar what do you think? 
6month post link: 

Looking great so far. There's still a LOT more growing and thickening left. Thanks for the updates buddy

• Like 2

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

It’s definitely improved a lot since your last update. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 9 months later...

Any new updates? Would be interesting to see the 18 month post op photos. 

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

On 9/4/2021 at 2:22 PM, Ash1390 said:

Hi All, 
I wanted to give a quick update regarding my procedure with Dr.Panine that happened last week on the 31st of August,2021. The total grafts transplanted were 2814. The breakdown is as follows:
1 hair grafts - 1,306
2 hair grafts - 1187
3 hair grafts - 300
4 hair grafts - 21

Days leading to the Procedure: Stuart from Dr.Panine's office was extremely helpful and was always available to answer any of my questions/comments/concerns. He was very methodical in preparing me for my procedure(writing prescriptions that I need beforehand and following it up with a call to discuss, sharing expectations etc). He was very responsive. He also shared recommendations for places to stay in the area and I ended up picking a hotel that was a stone throw away from the clinic which turned out to be a big plus.

Day of the Procedure: I arrived at the clinic at 830 am and was greeted by one of the assistants' who was super friendly and completed all of the pre-requisites(filling forms, medication pre-surgery, checking vitals, blood work etc). Dr.Panine then arrived and shared the details of the surgery and the duration it would take( this was also shared earlier with me by Stuart so no surprises there). The total surgery took about ~10.5hrs. Pre-surgery Dr.Panine worked with me to construct a hairline that I wanted ...we iterated through it a couple of times and ended up with one that the Dr mentioned was conservative but this is what I had in mind ...I am not super concerned about recession and I feel it looks more natural and suits my facial structure. The doctor put me on local anesthesia and at every point made sure that I was comfortable.The assistant's also made sure that my comfort and care was utmost priority. The extraction took about 4hrs and then they provided me with lunch(thanks Stuart for taking care of this for me)...after with the sorting/creating slits(I think) took another 2hrs. This was followed by placement which took about 3hrs ....Dr.Panine mentioned that it typically takes longer but because I was willing (and wanted to) shave my head(just wanted to see how I look bald)....it helped them(Dr. and one of his assistant's) place the grafts faster.After the surgery, my head was wrapped in bandage and Stuart gave me a ride back to my hotel. For some reason(maybe the drugs) I was wide awake and felt energetic and was able to walk and get myself some dinner and went to bed after watching some trash cookshow tv. Not a whole lot of pain (masked by anesthesia/meds).

Day 1 after Procedure: I felt pretty normal and was able to go about my day 2 day. The surprise for the day was the swelling of my face. Stuart had mentioned that swelling would happen but I was a bit taken aback by the extent of it. The person that stared back at me from the mirror felt like a bruised boxer / extra-terrestrial hybrid. I wanted to laugh out loud but that felt a tad bit weird as well. I met with Stuart and Dr.Panine and they took a look at my head to make sure it all looked good and the bruising was healing. The pain seemed like a headache in the back of the head(extracted area).

Day 2 after Procedure: This was the day with the worst swelling ...it got to a point where my eyes were about completely shut and vision became challenging. I started to get more diligent about icing and and also laying vertical mostly to let gravity be my ally in dealing with the swelling.

Day 3 & Day 4 after Procedure: The swelling is getting better ...it is coming down a bit. Day 3 was the first time I washed my head super carefully with foam (baby shampoo) and luke warm water gently.  This felt pretty good. 

I am planning to add more details into this post as I realize that I may have glossed over some details...the goal here is to help folks considering a procedure  and also provide an honest description of my experience. It will also be great if folks who have tread this path before can provide thoughts/comments/suggestions. 

Again, super grateful for this community and happy and eager to pay it forward.

IMG_5517.JPG

IMG_5518.JPG

IMG_5519.JPG

IMG_5503.JPG

IMG_5504.JPG

IMG_5505.JPG

IMG_5515.JPG

IMG_5516.JPG

How did the donor scars heal? The punches looked pretty big, whats the lowest guard you can trim to and still not see the scars?