27M (NJ - USA) Wants 2-3 Turkish hair transplants

Hello,

My hair loss has become pretty significant. I know I need a transplant already. It’s similar to a 3V baldness, and the entire top is thinned compared to what it used to be.

I know I need a transplant. However, after reading experiences from others, I probably will need to do more than one transplant. I prepared to budget the rough 11k for a US hair transplant. But I don’t think I’ll be ready for a second 11k US hair transplant. It makes more sense to do 2-3 Turkish hair transplants together for 4K+4K+4K and be satisfied with a full head of hair. In the long run I want the full head transplant 6000 graft maximum capability cause shit why not.

I’m having trouble navigating the site. I’m all for an all inclusive Turkish hair transplant with flights, hotel included. Is there a list of these packages I can choose from. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, SamV7 said:

I think it's going to cost a lot more than $11K in US (i'd say $20K for a good surgeon), and a lot more than $4K at a decent hair clinic in Turkey. 

Didn’t answer my question. And gave no context to your answer. Not helpful!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

You need to do a lot more research, it's clear you're diving in head first without really knowing what you're doing and being aware of the fact that most HT surgeons are awful and will very likely leave you in a much worse position than you were before, which could have catastrophic consequences for the rest of your life. I don't mean that to call you out or be rude, just to prevent you from making a terrible decision. 

The potential of a poor or botched surgery is especially risky in the scenario you have said you want to pursue; a cheap Turkish clinic all inclusive. You'll likely be performed on by a highly inexperienced team of technicians who will very likely over harvest your donor and implant grafts in a completely unnatural fashion; miss angled, doubles in the hairline, poor density etc. You may even experience very poor growth and essentially pay to have your head heavily scarred and disfigured with no aesthetic improvement, quite the opposite in fact.

The best in Turkey are HLC, Pekiner and Kesser. HLC is 2.5 euros per graft and do very good work. 4000 USD per procedure isn't going to be enough to be honest, its too cheap. You can get world-class surgeons from 2.5-3.00 EUR per graft in Europe who do amazing work, so I would recommend to think of this as your cheapest budget if you don't want to risk things at all (which you shouldn't).

Also, do you have any pics of your hair? It's hard to advise if you're even a suitable candidate at this point if you're experiencing enough loss to warrant thinking about having 6000 grafts at 27, and I assume you're not on meds seeing as you didn't mention in your post

• Like 3

• Valued Contributor

How old are you can I ask? Do you have pictures that you could post so that we can give you a more informed response? There are just too many variable to answer your question. With only going on what you have provided it makes no sense on doing anything if you have not at least tried Finasteride for at least a year (it can take up to two years to see the full response or if you can even tolerate it). Do you have any skin or hair conditions? Which surgeon are you referring to in Turkey and the USA? What are your family genetics in regards to MPB? I could go on and on. If you can post some pics of your current hair loss situation we will be able to help. All the best!

47 minutes ago, Mikeyellow1 said:

Hello,

My hair loss has become pretty significant. I know I need a transplant already. It’s similar to a 3V baldness, and the entire top is thinned compared to what it used to be.

I know I need a transplant. However, after reading experiences from others, I probably will need to do more than one transplant. I prepared to budget the rough 11k for a US hair transplant. But I don’t think I’ll be ready for a second 11k US hair transplant. It makes more sense to do 2-3 Turkish hair transplants together for 4K+4K+4K and be satisfied with a full head of hair. In the long run I want the full head transplant 6000 graft maximum capability cause shit why not.

I’m having trouble navigating the site. I’m all for an all inclusive Turkish hair transplant with flights, hotel included. Is there a list of these packages I can choose from. Thanks!

A suggestion, do your research.  Look up both good and bad Turkish results on this forum.  There are both.  If you cheap out you are more likely to get the latter.  A botched hair transplant is worse than no hair transplant.  If you can take anything away from this site, it is that.  Don't make your situation worse, which is very possible.

• Like 1

Please can you show us some pics ? The usual clinics I could recommend for Turkey would be Dr Bicer, HDC, Kesser and Pekiner. Stay away from the “hair mills” which are tech driven procedures. You could also consider European options which are around €2.50 per graft. 
Others in Turkey which are affordable are Dr Yaman and Dr Demirsoy. 

I don't like Turkey just because I don't feel comfortable going to a country with limited consumer protections compared to North America or Europe. The only way I would ever go to Turkey is because the surgeon themselves are legitimately great surgeons and the clinic is quality. Your hair isn't something to skimp out on... This isn't RC Cola. For just a bit more you could literally go to Europe where they charge slightly more per graft but you're in Europe as opposed to Turkey. The EU bends over backwards to help consumers as much as possible. Also, Eugenix is really popular among the higher norwoods (which will likely be you if you opt to not use medication based on your diffuse loss throughout tthe entire scalp)

No one even knows what site you're talking about and what packages you're looking at. But packages always seem kinda sketchy to me lol when they try to sell you on shit like sapphire blades or DHI 

Also, 3V baldness with the entire top thinning implies that you're dealing with diffuse loss across the entire top and will probably be a 5/6/7 in the future. And you're only 27.  

• Like 2

• Administrators

How can we give you an accurate assessment without pictures? If you want to get some cost estimates with our forum-approved surgeons start here: https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp?sr=HRN-MOB

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.