How does the post op donor look on long hair?

I had FUT last time so the donor area wasn't a concern at all post op other than removing the stitches. The big thing was regrowing the shaven down area around the frontal third HT.

Hattingen recommended FUE on my next HT which will be around 1,500 in my crown. 

I have very long hair, Dr Muresanu said it will be like an undercut..... I can't really envisage what this would look like though. Will the entire donor be shaved or just a section that can be covered by the rest of the hair?

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

9 hours ago, MachoVato said:

Like this?

hair-transplant-before-and-after-pictures-28.jpg.6c0e841fdd533f4ab52bec78261bb64f.jpg

Awesome! Thanks. I shouldn't have any problems then.

• Like 1

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

• Moderators

@Legend007 did a more extreme version of it and he was able to pull it off pretty well

Edited by BeHappy
  • Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

14 hours ago, BeHappy said:

@Legend007 did a more extreme version of it and he was able to pull it off pretty well

That's what I'm afraid of... he pulled it off though. Looks like the hair grows back quickly enough to pull off the undercut look...surprised how much his top level hair was able to cover it. Thanks for digging this out!

Edited by TommyLucchese

• Moderators
1 hour ago, TommyLucchese said:

That's what I'm afraid of... he pulled it off though. Looks like the hair grows back quickly enough to pull off the undercut look...surprised how much his top level hair was able to cover it. Thanks for digging this out!

Legend007 had 2500 grafts if I remember and you said you are looking at around 1500, so I'm guessing you should end up somewhere between what MachoVato showed and what Legend had.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2021 at 5:55 PM, BeHappy said:

Legend007 had 2500 grafts if I remember and you said you are looking at around 1500, so I'm guessing you should end up somewhere between what MachoVato showed and what Legend had.

I'd be happy with that. Thanks!

Keep us posted with updates TommyLucchese. 

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.