Haircut When Shaving Crown For HT?

Thoughts on what the best way is to cut your hair if needing to buzzcut your crown for a procedure but not wanting to buzz the entire head? The idea would be to have something that you can grow back into quickly.

My searches have come up empty for examples of what people have gone with.

• Administrators

I did that and it was a mistake. I looked ridiculous. Might as well just shave and have everything match.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

It depends on the size of the crown really. If it it too big, you might need to shave the entire head. However if it is small then you can get away probably with not shaving everything as the transplanted hairs will kind of not be too obvious after a week or two. 

• Like 2

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

Great question. It's something that I wonder about a lot because I have certain sporting things going on that I can't afford to take too much time away from....but at the same time I really want to get this crown sorted.

My hair is long and there's enough on the crown for me to use concealer and slick it all back. I don't know if too much will need to be shaved down and it will be impossible to hide.

If you have short hair that will be back to normal in a few months then you should just shave it off.

When I had the front done, it was shaved down so much more than I anticipated. It took 4 months for me to be able to be confident without a hat on. It was all worth it in the end though so whatever it takes, however shit it's going to look, just do it and think of the long term gains.

• Like 1

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

10 hours ago, DonnyJ said:

@1978matt curious what you did for in this thread:

Barber kept it as long as possible at the front and faded it back to the crown.  Said it was close to an old style that was popular a few years ago.

To me it looked a bit odd but much better after 2 or 3 weeks.

• Like 1

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day